• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    Mclenz said:
    2 questions:
    Are all of the sprites Brandon recolors?
    It won't let me sign in on your forums it just goes to a white page when I log in, do you know this is?
    i've ansered this and no we have 100+ sprites each with at most 7 recolors
    and for the person who asked y they couldn't log into the forums hmm it might just be your end cos im logged in right now

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    this sounds like it will b fun but i think you should think what is capable and what is not or what is too much just not to overload your game

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    indeed, we were going to have it so you can buy your own boast, but we will add that in later as a major update,
    also player housing is going to be limited to just the apartment you get in pallet town, for now, again another major update, also this will not have any major ability to custermize this apartment yet, which is going to suck. beacaUSE OF OUR PLANS TO ADD FARMS, HOUSE's, WAREHOUSES ETC. ok random capitals there sorry about that cant be bother retypeing

fo the moement it will just be the main adventure of pokemon which should surfice all for now but with nothing really else in the game we fear that it wont go far untill those extra things can be added, but u never know.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Looks like its shaping up nicely. Is there a test version yet? It would seem as if you have enough done for a primitive form of the game... and people are waiting on their toes to play it...

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    the problem is yes it would be all go for a demo and i know alot of people i run into on the streets are asking for a demo, but for an mmo to ony have a few features with limited diffrences between gameplay of diffrent users i think people will bore of thie game and then leave consiqiently with minamal users you could hardly calll it an mmo,

if that makes sense to you guys.

basically,
    there wont be enough functionality in it to entertain ptoa users.
    what we will do is make a few random mapps and you can battle against each other, so we can test the battle system. but i still have a bit to do before then ie a genral tidy up of the code take out all the random bits we dont need add some sort of decent looking gui etc...

Zerus

Why >__<
    Years
    the problem is yes it would be all go for a demo and i know alot of people i run into on the streets are asking for a demo, but for an mmo to ony have a few features with limited diffrences between gameplay of diffrent users i think people will bore of thie game and then leave consiqiently with minamal users you could hardly calll it an mmo,

if that makes sense to you guys.

basically,
    there wont be enough functionality in it to entertain ptoa users.
    what we will do is make a few random mapps and you can battle against each other, so we can test the battle system. but i still have a bit to do before then ie a genral tidy up of the code take out all the random bits we dont need add some sort of decent looking gui etc...

That wont really matter(to me anyway) just do what you see fit. I thinks this game is gonna rock anyway.

Dark Soul

Pokemon Network ore
    Pokemon Battle Network ore
    Pokemon online Stadium
    but Pokemon online i think is the best .

Sh4dow

Becoming undone..
    Years
    This would be, THE first - Pokemon MMO, looks promising, expecting a beta release.

Firstly, where would the server be hosted? Are you funded by donations, or is this out of your own pocket?

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    Firstly, where would the server be hosted? Are you funded by donations, or is this out of your own pocket?

1st question: The server hosted by us, in Gisborne, NZ (East Coast, NI)

2nd question: The project is currently funded by Mine, Geo Logic and Blacksprite's YES company, Link Active (hence the name "LA Games" but as you may see in my sig, we are looking for donations, mostly to buy a server to host the game, but also to get a better internet connection for the server. Noting that we do have a PC currently hosting the game.

this will be a good one if you can make it

I hope we can make it too, but as we have already overcome a "slight" hitch of the painter dropping the computer and basically shattering it... I think that as long as we dont lose our now 5 copies of the game, we will be fine.

Pokemon Online is good ore
    Pokemon Network ore
    Pokemon Battle Network ore
    Pokemon online Stadium
    but Pokemon online i think is the best .

A: What does ore mean????? (that is probably an extremely stupid question...)
    B: We have chosen the name PTOA (PokeMon: The Online Adventures)

Well that is my usual extremely long post finished...

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    I like the game already! You need better painters XD. Even though you say it would be boring, may I please have a little peak at the game? Please? Wheres you Alpha test by the way? If you need a server, just install Microdoft Server onto a home computer then you just need to buy a domain name XD.

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    You need better painters XD
    Do you mean screenies? otherwise I am unsure what you mean...
    Yes we probably do, but when we lowered the file size for the maps, we had to delete all of our maps, we will wait until we have finished the engine (well everything that effects maps anyway) before we redo any of the maps.

. Even though you say it would be boring, may I please have a little peak at the game? Please?

No, we would have to work on the engine a bit and the best you would be able to to is walk around on a plain grass path map so there would be no point in making those changes to the code.

Wheres you Alpha test by the way?

Alpha battle system test is on Sept 28.

This will consist of a plain map where the selected alpha testers can test the battle system.

If you need a server, just install Microdoft Server onto a home computer then you just need to buy a domain name XD.

Yes, but a home computer will not be able to handle the amount of users which could possibly be on PTOA at once. As all saves/character files are saved on this computer we would need quite alot of space as well as RAM to be able to handle multi tasking.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Good point. I ment better painters as in you said that your painters dropped your computer XD! Can I pretty pretty pretty please be an Alpha tester? If you get the home computer with say 2GB of RAM and 200 GB Hard Drive, wouldn't it be good enough?

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Good point. I ment better painters as in you said that your painters dropped your computer XD! Can I pretty pretty pretty please be an Alpha tester? If you get the home computer with say 2GB of RAM and 200 GB Hard Drive, wouldn't it be good enough?

2 GB of RAM is more then most people have and it doesn't really correlate with how fast the computer is. Anyway, the space would most likely be minimal and I'd doubt it would EVER get over 1 GB of space as that would be a lot of inefficient storage then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back