• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Yeah, they have worked hard! They are better than anyone else here! Speaking of which, when you have completed the game... and have more spare time on your hands... mind teaching me how to code?

Years
  • Yes well i dont see anyone else coding a game from scratch.

I am. :)
    Just not pokemon.. the only thing that prevents me is that I don't feel like gathering all the sprites.. neither do I feel like making my own sprites.
    (And by coding, I mean using REAL programming language like e.g. c++)

So far it's a very good job, I'm just impatient because I can't wait to try it.

Well i dont see you doing anything to help

You haven't asked anybody, that's all you have to do. :) (But if you are like me, you like doing the things you are best at by yourself)

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2007
    School sucks for free time.

Yes well i dont see anyone else coding a game from scratch. its not as simple as an engine where u can just throw things togther. you have to write subs perfectly or it will cause an illusive RTE9, which is the worst cos it leaves you with no clue as to which part is going wrong.

And then you get users say its crap cos its not as pretty as they want it to be and then you get

Well i dont see you doing anything to help or make it come out quicker so what are you complaining about you'll get it when you get it.
    I'm not entirely worried about getting it all. If I so pleased I could make one, but I can't be bothered at the moment. I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing out what's going to happen.

Years
  • Anyone who can code proper... teach me!

If you have a couple of months to kill, and some money, I could.

Seriously, it can't be taught just like that over msn messenger.
    Buy a good book (e.g. at amazon.com) and read it.

If you want to just get started making games right away, I suppose that you could.. .. do something else. (Or use gamemaker / RPG maker which I fairly easy to learn)

Edit: By a good book I mean at least 1000 pages. ;)
    And if you are a student too, or have a job, then it would probably take a while to complete one.
    By the way, the book I read taught me everything EXCEPT drawing. (I had to learn that part by myself)
    (C++ Primer Plus 5th Edition by Stephen Prata is what I read)

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    ...I have time... money... Maybe not but I have years and years of time...

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • Grantax said:
    You haven't asked anybody, that's all you have to do. (But if you are like me, you like doing the things you are best at by yourself)

Actually we have asked for people to help literally (using it in its right form) hundreds of times, these are in the from of
    • Donations
    • Testers
    • Ideas
    • Coders
    • [Many more but I'd rather complete more of PTOA than search through 28 pages to find them]

Grantax said:
    So far it's a very good job, I'm just impatient because I can't wait to try it.

ummm, being a programmer, i would think that you would get annoyed about people being too impatient to wait for a release, so this confuses me...

Pikachu_Charizard said:
    Well at least when your exams are over you`ll have tons of free time.....right?

Yeah about 2 months, 30 November to 6 February (actually we may be able to work on it between 20-30 november during our free time outside of exams)

Garethp said:
    Yeah! Just a little more time...

We will be completely free for 2 months over December/January, so most of it should be completed before the beginning of school...

DeathChili said:
    I'm just pointing out what's going to happen.

yeah, just pointing out that all of the people working on this game are very motivated and would be working on the game every waking second if it wasnt that if we fail our exams, we dont get our UEs...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Whoa, Whitesprite, blacksprite, you guys do too much, you guys arent the justice league, 0.o, but im glad to see you guys are motivated, f you need any help, I can do some things, because I have lots of free time, (since i go to a private school, which is only 3 hours a day for 4 days, 0.o) so yea, and i have tonnes of ideas btw, xD PM me if you want to talk more, or add me on msn, okay, good luck!

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Hey, I would love to be you guys! Keep it up and keep the coffee flowing... and take a dougnut brake every so often ok, we can't have our new programing celeberaties faint from over work XD

Years
  • Ok then, I could help with the coding and testing. (That is, if Visual basic isn't too different from c++...)

Is this the kind of language you are using, or is this scripting?

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7c/Typical_vb6_session.png

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Ok then, I could help with the coding and testing. (That is, if Visual basic isn't too different from c++...)

Is this the kind of language you are using, or is this scripting?

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7c/Typical_vb6_session.png

Thats visual basic all the coding languages are very simmalar
    after we have finished the first realeas eof the game we'll rewrite the code in C++ to tidy it up

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back