• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    where can i start playing? i mean where can i download it and stuff???

The game is not finished yet. -_-

thanks for your answer... does anyone know when blacksprite goes on? i mean i understand he is working hard, but does he go on like once a week or something?

It would seem like it. Anyway, where did you get that trainer card of yours?

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    It would seem like it. Anyway, where did you get that trainer card of yours?

asides from the fact that that is off topic, if you'll look at the bottom of it, you'll see theres a website listed. that website is updating the procedure, so if you do it now your card will be wiped when they finish updating.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    asides from the fact that that is off topic, if you'll look at the bottom of it, you'll see theres a website listed. that website is updating the procedure, so if you do it now your card will be wiped when they finish updating.

Thanks a lot for responding to an off topic question. I wonder when blacksprite will be on? He hasn't been on in a while but it is probably because he is working on the game I hope.

Rosadius93

The Frozen One
    Years
  • Durandal, nice trainer card! lol my team would own yours though....
    ...anyway the more we don't hear from blacksprite the better, that means hes working lol

Dark2552

Blaz1ken.
    Years
  • Another Game I would love to play =D
    This looks pretty good. MMO. I would love to go on an adventure with friends =D

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    Man i would like some news from someone about the game right now. Im currently playing another pokemon game to pass the time.

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
  • Blacksprite is still working on the game, everyone, he's just got bad internet and can't really connect to this forum. He brings great news about the production, it's going very smooth and he'll have 3 months off to work on it. The ETA for the beta is...

Next year, February. I know, it's pretty long, but I've waited for 2 years now, and now months pass like days..... But anyway, before the official release, Team Sprite (The group of programmers, mappers, and designers for PTOA) is gonna have to run a simple server stability check. The reason for this is, I'm sure you know this, we don't want the server to crash on the first day of release.

I'm sure you all want some screenshots, but Team Sprite can't release them yet. BS himself said this in MSN, however:

The Game has a new GUI better look and feel, with better an easy user interface. The game also runs a lot nicer as its in a whole new language.

I asked him these questions about the real estate system(These aren't official, however):
    Q:Will you be able to upgrade your apartment room to a bigger size?
    A:You can buy new, bigger apartments, but you can't upgrade only one apartment room.

Q:Will there be a specific furniture limit to your apartment or can you just make it a huge rat's next with every other tile a piece of furniture?
    A:There'll be a limit, yes, so that slower computers aren't lagged by some guy who thinks chairs for floor tiles are cool.

Q:If you buy a house, not an apartment, can you upgrade it?
    A:Yes, but currently houses cannot be upgradable, but they will be available as prizes in competitions (Not contests, competitions are more special events) and all other houses will be reserved to staff. If you make a good enough donation to him, Blacksprite might give you a house.

Q: Will factories and stores have to take a good, attentive person to manage? Will you have to manage workers, price of the product, and how much the shipments will cost?
    A:no stores as such not sure what you mean by that.
    Yea they probably will, you don't have to manage workers. price yes, and buying stuff too.

Q:I was also wondering, will players, without owning any factories or anything, be able to craft simple items? Like making a potion by finding a few herbs out in the wild?
    A:No. It would be cruel to
    Pokemon if an unqualified person made medicine for them. I'm sure nurse joy wouldn't be too happy, either.

One last question. Once you mentioned a 'police force'. Would players be able to sign up for the police force and go around punishing players for doing things?
    A: No, The police force is the in-game moderators.

Once again, I'd like to say, None of these answers are set in stone. Blacksprite says the game is coming along smoothly and, like I said once before, the game'll be up around February.

I hope this has helped you understand what's going on with the game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    Thank you Blaziken Boy. That is what i wanted to hear. That made my day and the update was awsome.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • I really should come on more often.

Just been reading the last couple of pages (since my last post).

Beta:
    There will be a closed beta. This will not be based of any list or anyone asking.
    We will have a sign up for the beta, where you will be required to submit some information.

All betas will get a cool Beta ribbon/trophy to show off. There may be other rewards.

No everyone who signs up will be accepted as a beta.

Then we will have a server capacity test. A few Battle maps and that will be about it.

Then we will have a release.

Is the coding done yet?
    No.

Put it this way have just been working on a simple(by comparison) windows 3d game Bio-Invaders. this was 416 pages long.

i Think Hao answered most of these pretty well.
    1. How many starters are there?
    2. When it comes to catching legendaries, will it be like the original Pokemon versions or a fixed random encounter?
    3. Is it really true the game comes out the end of this year? (I have my doubts xD.)
    4. What is the lvl limit?
    5. Can I help in some way? I don't know too much about coding and mapping but I've had experience in finding bugs and glitches in games. I know many people ask to help but I really just want to have a good online Pokemon game so my apologies if it pisses people off or something.
    1. About 28.
    2. I won't be revealing much of this, i can tell you that it wont happen like the original games, thats just not possible.
    3. Looking more like end of February .
    4. 100
    5. There will be a closed beta mentioned above.

Hey man, thanks for answering my questions but I'm a bit troubled by the fact that there is 28+ starters when there will only be 151 pokemon (151 pokemon is a great idea by the way). I mean its not too big of a problem but I find it strange so if blacksprite or anybody can give me a reason for it, i would appreciate it. I have a couple of more questions as well though.

1. Will there be a limit or separate pockets for items?
    2. Will there be NPC trainers to battle like the versions? (I don't want to get pwned when I'm a nub)
    3. Will there be a pokedex?
    4. Will there be HMs?

28 starters, Troubled in what way.

The idea is you wont have a choice between all 28 of them. The game will randomly pick 3 of them for you and you can choose between them.

Don't try canceling and logging out (or uninstalling either) to try and get different choices because it wont work. :classic:

1. yes there will be a limit for items and yes there will be different pockets.
    2. There will be NPC's.
    2.5 No high level trainers cant battle low level trainers. (well they can but you have a choice in the matter)
    3. Yes.
    4. Yes but not all of them can be used outside of battle(well perhaps, there is a bit of thinking and we have some ideas to fix this problem). Cut may prove difficult, Traditionally it was used to stop the player advancing without first completing a set part of the story. as this isn't required in an MMORPG.

Rosadius93
    Questions:
    well i have a question or two,
    1. in the screen shots i saw a police station, how will this be used?
    2. is team rocket still in the game... if so how?

1. Moderators will play the role of the police.
    2. All will be revealed in time.

thanks for your answer... does anyone know when blacksprite goes on? i mean i understand he is working hard, but does he go on like once a week or something?

Mainly due to my terrible internet. changing providers soon.
    Yea mainly work has me distracted. I don't like to work on 2 games at once. But i have 3 months off coming up.

Thanks a lot for responding to an off topic question. I wonder when blacksprite will be on? He hasn't been on in a while but it is probably because he is working on the game I hope.
    Working on "A" game. Suppose that doesn't count.

Now onto blaziken_boy's wall.

If you make a good enough donation to him, BlackSprite might give you a house.

lol.
    I believe my answer to this question when you asked, "I think a fairer way would be anyone that donates gets an over world house." My reply was, "That could cause problems."

So no one rush out and donate on the fact that i will give you a house for a donation.
    Because that may not happen.

Also to all those that want to map etc. There will be auditions and training provided closer to game release. Which will be held at the convenience of or HOD's(Head of departments).

Yours Truly...
    ~~~~BlackSprite.

P.S. Team Sprite -- Is this the unofficial official name for us?

Last edited:

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    thanks for telling us this.
    i know that i asked this question earlier, but you never gave an answer.
    will you be able to become a 'guild' thing, like bug catcher *** or psychic *** and such?

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Sorry must have missed it,
    Not a guild as such, There will be guilds.

But when you make your character you will be able to choose your title, and it can be changed later in game, how I'm not going to say. =)

For instance

Cool Trainer BlackSprite
    Super Nerd BlackSprite
    PokeFan BlackSprite

ok i get the idea BlackSprite....

I'll try to be on now that my last game is finished.

be warned i have to make another one in 2 weeks.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Depending on the title that you begin with, will it change the pokemon that you can start with? Because if i choose to be bug catcher scienceboy [blegh], it wouldn't make sense to be able to choose from pokemon that aren't bug type. I woudln't really be much of a bug catcher then.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    I really should come on more often.

Just been reading the last couple of pages (since my last post).

Beta:
    There will be a closed beta. This will not be based of any list or anyone asking.
    We will have a sign up for the beta, where you will be required to submit some information.

All betas will get a cool Beta ribbon/trophy to show off. There may be other rewards.

No everyone who signs up will be accepted as a beta.

Then we will have a server capacity test. A few Battle maps and that will be about it.

Then we will have a release.

28 starters, Troubled in what way.

The idea is you wont have a choice between all 28 of them. The game will randomly pick 3 of them for you and you can choose between them.

Don't try canceling and logging out (or uninstalling either) to try and get different choices because it wont work. :classic:

Also to all those that want to map etc. There will be auditions and training provided closer to game release. Which will be held at the convenience of or HOD's(Head of departments).

Yours Truly...
    ~~~~BlackSprite.

P.S. Team Sprite -- Is this the unofficial official name for us?

To answer your question on how the 28 starters bug me. Well it doesnt bug me. It just could be a problem because most people will choose the more popular pokemon. After reading what you are going to do by choosing 3 randomly. I have no worries that it will be a problem.

I hope i could particitpate in the beta and be of some help in the future so i will be keep updated.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • To answer your question on how the 28 starters bug me. Well it doesnt bug me. It just could be a problem because most people will choose the more popular pokemon. After reading what you are going to do by choosing 3 randomly. I have no worries that it will be a problem.

I hope i could particitpate in the beta and be of some help in the future so i will be keep updated.

There will be 2 types of beta testers.

1 Small group of bug testers that will be asked to fill out reports and questions etc.

And the second group will be based of there computer specs. i.e RAM, CPU speed, video card or no video card, etc etc.

Depending on the title that you begin with, will it change the pokemon that you can start with? Because if i choose to be bug catcher scienceboy [blegh], it wouldn't make sense to be able to choose from pokemon that aren't bug type. I woudln't really be much of a bug catcher then.

There will be a marginal increase in chance. Not huge or everyone will end up with the same pokemon or a way to get the pokemon they want, I'm actually thinking of making everyone a trainer until they get thier first badge then they can choose what title they would like or change it perhaps.

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
    Years
  • I think I have to write here again...^^
    I visit this thread almost everyday, but I only write when it´s really necessary. (LOL, that sounds great^^)

Blacksprite, the Idea with one trainer is great. I really like it.

A few questions to the starters:
    - I asked it once, but will you give Abra attacks, so that he could be a starter? (I love Abra^^)
    - What about Farfetche´d (hope I spelled it right)? If you don´t want to reveal it, don´t, but will you give starters without evos? (like Farfetch´d)
    - Uhm... can´t remember^^

Anyways, good luck and HF,
    Bombah!

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • think I have to write here again...^^
    I visit this thread almost everyday, but I only write when it´s really necessary. (LOL, that sounds great^^)

Blacksprite, the Idea with one trainer is great. I really like it.

A few questions to the starters:
    - I asked it once, but will you give Abra attacks, so that he could be a starter? (I love Abra^^)
    - What about Farfetche´d (hope I spelled it right)? If you don´t want to reveal it, don´t, but will you give starters without evos? (like Farfetch´d)

Anyways, good luck and HF,
    Bombah!

Its good to know we have a fan base.
    Blacksprite, the Idea with one trainer is great.

Which one was this? I'm probably miss reading it.

Funny story actually.

This was early on in the design stage, i believe it consisted of a lot of Burger king and those pink iced finger bread things? oh and some work getting done.

We were making all those key decisions like, How evil should we make viridian forest. etc etc

We were picking out good starting Pokemon the list, we aimed at 30 we thought it would provide a good amount of randomness.

Both Magikarp and Abra were both on the original starting Pokemon list.

We soon realized this wouldn't work.

So that'd be a no on the first question.

What about Farfetche´d (hope I spelled it right)? If you don´t want to reveal it, don´t, but will you give starters without evos? (like Farfetch´d)

*Skim reads the starter list.* Hacking my computer wont help either I don't have them digitally recorded =)

Hmmm... Maybey, maybe Not.

I can't answer that one.

~~~~Blacksp

PS hope this doesn't get posted twice.

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
    Years
  • Thanks for answering, but without Abra as a starter FORGETT THIS GAME!!!
    Lol, jk, I´ll have to catch one then...

The idea I was talking about was, that everyone is one trainer till the first badge.

My third question still is missing (lol).

Good luck, more luck, and HF,
    Bombah!

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    Funny story actually.

This was early on in the design stage, i believe it consisted of a lot of Burger king and those pink iced finger bread things? oh and some work getting done.

Burger King and pick iced finger bread things? WTF

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back