• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online Project Need Programmers.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Pokemon Online: Rage Of Chaos (Need Staff)

Pokemon Online Project Need Programmers.

Project Title: Pokemon: Rage Of Chaos

Q: Why this will this be successful?
    A: because we already have a large community backing us up.

Options, we could start from scratch and use the material we are given for educational purposes or we could tweek with the old source data and edit it from there.

Me and a group of people were members of a Pokemon MMORPG the game is slowly dying out and the members want to try and remake the game in their own glory. Basically, we need a scripter who can help us. We are preferrably looking for someone who knows Visual Basic 6 but we are desperate for programmers. We need a Head Programmer in our team who will be highly credited. This game will be fun online and will aim to bring pokemon fans together from all around the world, in an exciting, trading, dueling and catching atmosphere.

The gameplay is basically the same as the GBA/DS game Pokemon though players may interact, battle eachother or even trade pokemon to eachother. It will be just like the handheld console version except with players.

The Gym Leaders, Elite4, Champion, Police, Team Rocket will all be player ran. There will be 2 Islands which users may select which Island they would like to start on.

The old source which we gathered contains: several maps, weather feature, clan feature.

The game will have special features such as Clans, Police, Crime Syndacates. Other features will also be; auction houses, trading, dueling (PvP), player houses, multiple islands feature different species of Pokemon.

Currently we have the Eclipse Client and Server data and also old source Client and Server data from the old MMORPG what was discontinued and given to me but I can't seem to figure it out. We need a programmer to take a look and work with us.

Other Staff Positions Open:
    Mappers
    Spriters
    Writers.

Mainly looking for a Head Programmer role and when other programmers are recruited, you will be incharge of this department.

More information upon request. (please PM for links and more info) We are looking forward to hearing from you.

If you are interested, please visit our forums: Forums

We also have a live chatroom (which is mainly used by staff members or for address staff members): Live Chat

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2009
    I've worked with Eclipse before, and I have some knowledge of Visual Basic. I'd like to help in any way I can.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Right we need another Scripter who will be working on a scripting system once again, I think VB is nessasary. You will get benefits aswell as a happy time in-game. Also you will get adminship and a decent rank. We just need more people to get involved with the project. So we're looking for a Head Programmer now.

Right we need another Scripter who will be working on a scripting system so the game is user friendly towards staff members who dont know how to script. once again, I think VB is nessasary. You will get benefits aswell as a happy time in-game. Also you will get adminship and a decent rank. We just need more people to get involved with the project. So we're looking for a Head Programmer now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2009
    We still need another Programmer

I am the head developer of Pokemon Rage of Chaos currently we are still looking for a experienced programmer in Visual basic 6, who has preferrably had experience with eclipse and game programming pm me or aruzo/Unknowzero and we'll give you the link to are website. We are also looking for some Graphics artists.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Yeah as I have said the programmer will get a lead role and will be highly credited. Please, somebody help us out. This is a big opportunity the game is getting closer to completion, just needs a coder.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2022
    Do you still work on the project?
    The forums are always empty and no one contacts me :\

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2010
    hey i can help, im pretty good with scripting

im also good with mapping as soon as i know which program im supposed to use and get used to it (that takes about a day or 2)

Last edited:

JWhitt

Who knows, who cares?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    I can pull off some nice writing, if I do say so myself. Also, if you decide you need original music compositions, I'd be glad to try my hand at that, too. I have an extensive knowledge of both writing and music, and can work within a scheduled time and with tons of originality. Just PM me if you want to hire me.

Back