• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon pack v1

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2013
    Hi guys!
    I'm sorry but what should i do with this pack?
    Should I just copy the files and paste them into the right folder or something more?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
    Open up the ZIP and read the READ ME file. You clearly have not even looked at what the file actually is, or you would have seen it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2013
    there is no read me file in this pack, only 3 folders:
    audio
    graphics
    PBS

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
    I assure you, there is a READ ME file. If you cannot be bothered to look again, I wonder if you can be bothered to even start making a game.

Even without the READ ME, it should be evident as to how you can figure out the answer to your question. Look at the essentials folders with the same names, now back to the Pokemon Pack folders, now back to the essentials folders, now back to the Pokemon Pack folders...

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
    ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™, no need to be so harsh.
    Some people aren't accustomed to using computers like the rest of us. This might be the first time he is even doing something like this.

gia22, simply copy the folders from the Pokémon pack into the Pokemon Essentials folder overwriting everything. The pack includes all the graphics for all Pokémon which aren't in the Essentials pack.

The folders have been separated to save space when Essentials releases new versions.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2013
    thank you tImE,
    i've put everything is in the pack into the right folder and the game ran, then i modified the first city's map and tha game began to crash...

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
    ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™, no need to be so harsh.
    Some people aren't accustomed to using computers like the rest of us. This might be the first time he is even doing something like this.

gia22, simply copy the folders from the Pokémon pack into the Pokemon Essentials folder overwriting everything. The pack includes all the graphics for all Pokémon which aren't in the Essentials pack.

The folders have been separated to save space when Essentials releases new versions.

You need to understand basic computer operation if you want to make a fan game. If people better versed with computers fail to get anywhere with a project, in what world is a project going to get anywhere if the project leader can't find a simple READ ME file when they open up the ZIP? I mean, when you open the Pokemon Pack, there are 2 things. A folder, and a text file. A and B. Even basic troubleshooting such as looking in a folder to see if it is empty or not was all that was needed here.

Simply giving him the answer rather than guiding him to look at the basics is not going to help anyone, and only fosters the behavior that leads to question after question of the basics.

Back to my give a man a fish argument I was making in another thread.

Stop giving out fish, and start teaching them how to fish. If that sounds harsh, then it needs to be harsh. I am glad you are willing to help gia22 tImE, but you are not helping them in the way they need to be helped.

As for your crashing issue gia22, if you are experiencing a crash you don't understand, you can read the crash and follow the instructions at the bottom of the pop up window to copy the crash log. Posting it is the only way we will know why it is crashing.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
    I understand what you are saying ЩѻƦḽᶑ, but imagine for a second that this person just started. He has no previous experience with computers except for surfing the web, but he found out he can make Pokémon games. If he has no previous experience, even something as simple as knowing which folders to copy-paste or not may be hard.

I know the concept of teaching a man to fish instead of giving him one, but does that mean you should let him starve for the night if he fails to catch one?
    I also believe that setting examples is a good way to learn.
    Catch the man the first fish for him, so he knows how to do it. AKA teaching him to fish.
    Maybe now he knows how to copy-paste these kind of folders in the future.

I don't know. I know I should be harsher trying to get people to learn, but in this case, I think it's unneccesary. It's not like I'm giving him a finished map to use in his game or something. I told him which folders to copy. lol

@gia22: Like ЩѻƦḽᶑ said, give us the crash log or we won't be able to help.

Back