• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Peanut Butter

Atomic Reactor

If you want better maps then what you need is a better tileset, get kyledove's or alstair's or wesley's or something just get a new tileset..

NO! Just because you get a nice new tileset, doesn't mean anything! I've seen some horrible maps made with the tilesets mentioned above. Getting new tilesets will not help your mapping skills at all. You could use GSC tiles (from gameboy color) and make better maps then a map made with Kyledoves tiles. Although, those tiles you mentioned are beautiful... It's not going to increase your mapping skill! The only way to get batter at mapping, is to keep on trying.

If you don't like relying on people, then don't. Put more effort into mapping. Don't just quit after a few tries. It takes more than that to get better. Keep trying, read tutorials, look at other great maps and take some ideas from that. Don't just call it quits and have someone else do it...

jadored

Jay the Peanut Butter Queen.
    Years
  • Okay. I got a close friend to help out with the mapping. At least it's someone I can physically smack upside the head.

So hopefully maps won't be an issue anymore.

Other than maps, I REALLY want to know what people think of the new features before I get to far ahead.
    I mean I don't want to work really hard on something no one likes/wants.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • Okay. I got a close friend to help out with the mapping. At least it's someone I can physically smack upside the head.

So hopefully maps won't be an issue anymore.

Other than maps, I REALLY want to know what people think of the new features before I get to far ahead.
    I mean I don't want to work really hard on something no one likes/wants.
    In my opinion, most people in this forum are hardcore gamers. Heck, they're making games! But I don't think your game will appeal to people unless it has alot of unique and nice features, like a good story, well planned out maps, put lots of things to do in 1 map. I had a tunnel of caves going through 1 map just to spice it up a little bit. Anything you do that would be fun or good for the player is perfect. Also, try to change your map settings alot, like don't have normal routes all the time. Have a mountain route, or an icey route, or a desert even. If you know how to script your limit will not be easily exceeded.

jadored

Years
  • NEW New Bark:

Pokemon: Peanut Butter

Thank you Miss Ella for the edits, luv ya!

(The squares are events =/ )

So what do you think?
    Should I keep her? Lol.

Atomic Reactor

But still. The path looks kinda lame.
    Add more foliage and flowers and such.
    It's still kinda open. You may wanna make the town a tad smaller.

But eh, far better than the previous one.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    hay Jay this is looking good love the name by the way the maps are looking quite nice but maby make them a bit bigger to stick with your storyline that Johto is growing in size also id think about creating a new tile set the standard fire red one looks a little dull for johto, but anyway its looking nice keep it up

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • This looks really cool. :3 I like the features that you've mentioned, they all look really fun, and from what you've got written down it sounds like you've got a decent plot going too. And the name is awesome. =P

Good luck!

jadored

Years
  • eeeee.
    Thanks everyone =3

Yeah I'm working on remapping some places.
    I'm still working on it, just not as much.

I'm not far from a demo release though!

Aelous

Pokemon Kid
    Years
  • I can't wait to eat it..... I mean taste it.... I mean try it... I mean.. I can't wait to play it. oh, and I hope it's as good as it sounds, lol.

jadored

Years
  • Not dead!
    I have been working less and less on this but the other day buckled down and made some progress.
    I have almost finished the Demo.
    It goes up to the Ilex Forest.
    Why?
    Because, I want a demo out and Goldenrod is one of those cities I really want to take my time with.
    Anyway, (Violet is one of the last gyms BTW)
    So the demo will include, the first gym, first rival battle, first cave, first forest, one house you can buy, and 2 'special people' I haven't decided what to call them but they are the ones you can make friends/enemies/etc. with. Nothing much, or to exciting, mainly just a preview for what's to come in later versions.

I have also been questioned about the houses, mainly what are they for?
    Well I always thought it was strange to live with your mom after you're a big shot trainer but, in this game you can have a house. Only one at a time though and, they are quite expensive.

But why do I need it?
    You don't really, just a place you can heal your pokemon, have a roommate, have a pet pokemon live there, I'll try and think of some other stuff to add for later versions.

In the first demo, however, there is nothing much to do in your house. Pets have not yet been introduced and, there's only two people you have as a roommate. Nothing to special. =/

Last edited:

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • *looks at the title* Huh, must be being made by Jay. *enters thread* Good call o_o

This sounds very good (and tasty d: ) I can't wait to try it.

Back