• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Pearl/Diamond Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devion

Dark Psychic
    Years
    I would wish for three (and a half and a half) things:
    (1) held items that offered either immunities (or at least improved defenses), as in:
    example 1: copper wire enabling GROUND-type immunity to ELECTRIC attacks.
    example 2: flight jacket enabling maximum DEFENSE against FLYING attacks.
    example 3: bubble bag enabling STEEL-type immunity to POISON attacks.
    there should be at least one immunity held item for all 17 types.
    If feasible, these items should be double-edged:
    for example, the copper wire could make the holder susceptible to poisoning.
    immunity should be balanced by susceptibility.
    *** POKEMON should be able to hold 2 (or more) items. (that's a 1/2 wish.)

(2) better arcade games than slots and roulette.
    personally i enjoy Hi-Lo where you guess higher or lower for the next card revealed.
    however, any games that allow you to strategically (exponentially) build a nest egg would be preferred. currently, the slots seem pointless (or perhaps just not intuitive to me). the roulette tables are slightly better but it takes forever to build winnings.

(3) the limited ability to custom create a pokemon (a la the MEWTWO-theme).
    you should be able to:
    - specify one or two types somehow dependent upon your trainer status.
    this would include gym badges, contest ribbons, battle points and so on.
    - use vitamins/minerals or something to determine its base HP, ATTACK, etc.
    for example, you're allowed to use a total of 32 vitamins (CARBOS, ZINC, etc.)
    to configure its base stats (new vitamins may be needed, see below, to
    influence, accuracy, evasiveness, luck, attractiveness, etc.)
    12 CARBOS, 10 PROTEIN and 10 IRON would lead to a pokemon that is
    speedy with good attack/defense but sacrificing HP and special attack/defense.
    - use berries/pokeblocks to determine its nature (SHY, TIMID, RASH, etc.).
    - specify a known ability (somehow regulated and limited).
    - specify upto 12 learned moves.
    of course, the learned move choices would have to be regulated (like TM's).
    for example, FLAMETHROWER could only be learned at (or above) level 40
    (level 40, 45, 50, 55 specified by the trainer) and learned only by FIRE types.
    the pokemon would start at LEVEL 5 with 2 "baby moves".
    then the pokemon could learn moves every 5 levels (upto level 55).
    - the pokemon would not be able to breed or be traded, etc.
    - use a default roar, size, shape, etc.
    (something like a modified EVEE with the type (or types) trainer-specified.)
    there's probably a lot more to this but this is a wishlist after all ...
    *** show all stats including accuracy, evasiveness and luck (that's a 1/2 wish, too.)

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Er... the Ground type is naturally immune to Electricity. >> I assume you mean Rock.
    I'd like to see all Natures with increased stats and decreased stats. I'd also really like the worlds to be much bigger. They're tiny. And more side-quests.
    I'd like to be able to do more with your Pok?mon. =]
    And yes, the people on the games are morons. I agree with Iron Mankey. I want them to have more personality.
    Bring back the Pok?Gear, depositing money, the radio stations, etc. And just more detail. I'd like to see a tuned up GSC game, actually. Crystal was pwnage. I'd like night and day back - spelt properly - with rain making Water and Bug Pok?mon out more, snow making Ice Pok?mon come out more, strong sunlight making Fire, Grass, and Electric Pok?mon common, and so forth. ^_^ Or Thunderstorms for Electric types.

Last edited:

BROOKE_&_LUGIA

Certified Pinkaholic
    Years
    I would love it if it was in 3D, since it's going to be on DS! It would also be cool if every time you ran into a Pokemon, the actual Pokemon image showed up right before you battled it, instead of waiting to actually get into battle. I also would like it if you could go to all the regions (not including Orre), 'cause remember in G/S/C when you could also go to Kanto! That was so cool. It's means you can raise a lot more Pokemon to higher levels, 'cause you'll be battling A LOT more trainers. And please bring back the visible night and day & the radio, like in G/S/C. And please make the weather more realistic, and please add seasons, including snow!!! And a feature where you had to enter the date at the beginning of the game, and a calendar, to organize events, in game and real life!!! And I didn't like the selected text in R/S/E/FR/LG! I'd like it if you could actually type in the text! And about 200 more Pokemon!!! I hope Diamond & Pearl are going to be the best Pokemon games ever!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2005
    id like to have a story line that includes a girlfriend.(no serious relationship)
    and real life actions.(eating, moods, trips to places like a tour of some new place)

Outermon

Really Bored
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 23, 2012
    Erm... Pokemon level 255! Yay!

Dawson said:
    Having 3 regions would extend the games length but by the time you get to the 3rd region most of your Pokemon team will be around the lvl100 mark so the end of the game will either end up too easy or boring and repetitive.
    I've thought about this stuff for my fan game ;).

Maybe they could extend the levels system so it goes up to level 255! After all, it can already be done with gameshark (i think). So ppl are gona do it neway (when the cheat appears for D/P) so why not just make it possible to be done without gamshark. Have those gyms have pokemon over level 100 as well. Although the only problem would be attacks like amnesia or swords dance that double these stats that are already over 900 so they would't be able to implement the shorten things after 10 bytes like they did in G/S/C. And also a pokemon with swords dance, or even a slowbro with amnesia after level 200 would make the game really boring. (They would also have to enable stats that go over 999).

lok

Pokemon Battle Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2005
    my wishlist
    - night and day system like GSC
    - u can choose one of ur pokemon follow behind u like pokemon yellow's pikachu
    - the pokemon cries should be real. Like in pokemon yellow, pikachu cries "pika!" when it's come out in the battle, but not some weird sounds in other games.
    - pokenavigator includes clock system
    - more "mini movie" like in emerald (groudon battle kyogre)
    - random and more wheather.
    - more starters to choose.
    - presence of kanto, johto and also hoenn
    - E4 will become stronger and stronger or even change their pokemon
    - can choose more characters like Misty, Brock, Ash, or even Steven. Each character has different story line

SRV

Years
    • Age 34
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    chardude said:
    id like to have a story line that includes a girlfriend.(no serious relationship)
    and real life actions.(eating, moods, trips to places like a tour of some new place)

And may I ask why you would like a virtual girlfriend?

sonicblazer

Articuno Lover!
    Years
    i am hoping for the same features in g/s/c,r/s/e and also new pokemon like new baby pokemon of starters,legendaries,and also the new pokemon!

silverbullet2k4

\/ Can't touch this. \/
    Years
    - A weather system and seasons and Night and Day.

- Custom made trainer

- The Pokemon should actually say thier name insted of a gay sound

- The pokenav has a clock system

- More cut scenes like in emerald (groudon battle kyogre)

- SAME STARTER TYPES (fire>water>grass).

- Ability to go to one of the reigons after the E4, kanto, johto and and hoenn

- E4 and gym leaders will become stronger and stronger and even change their pokemon

-Pokemon will react to weather and Night and Day and Seasons

-Routes are extended and cities are larger

-Terrain, seasons, time of day, and weather affect the battle

-An exclusive region online available to people that defeted the E4. But only allow pokemon level 50 and below or an option of free levels.

-Something like but better than the Battle Frontier

-GOOD HMs THAT DON'T SUCK

-12 hours of play = 12 months in the game.

-HMs can be deleted by TMs with stronger power.

-An, Easy - Meduim - Hard mode options

The game should be good but not an easy piece of sh!t.​

Last edited by a moderator:

lok

Pokemon Battle Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2005
    sonicblazer said:
    lok you are right about everything it is awesome how you think! you want to be friends?plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

r u meaned me?
    if u want, i'll be ur friend.

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 11, 2005
    two regions, one with the new pokemon(at least 150) one with old.
    16 badges.
    I had idea where you start over in the second region with an old starter. neverming.
    "Sims" like pick of clothes.
    new format other then the same flat one as before.

random weather
    night and day always different pokemon so have of the pokemon only come at night
    3 regions. new one(with new pokemon), Hoenn(with hoenn pokemon), thrid one(with Johto and kanto pokemon because half of Johto is evoultions of kanto)
    more story lines

Last edited:

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
    Years
    I want: 3 Titan pokemon(The only legendarys) which are really strong but you need a pokemon to stay out of battle to keep it under control,
    So if you have 3 titans then they are the only pokemon that can battle.
    (Plus the pokemon helping out has to be at least half the titan's level.)And they should have somthing similar to slaking that says they can attack once every 2 turns.

The choice beetween 3d BATTLES and 2d ones. Just plain 2d for anything else but more refined graphics.
    I think it is impossible to have attacks for the microphone. Just a more interactive menu and battles. Like you can use the stylus and you can record your voice for you saying things like "Charizard go!" in battle. Wow. Alot of typing.

RoMeRz

Scotland The Brave
    Years
    This will sound odd - but i really hope you could get instant text - so i dont need to wait for it to scroll even on fast speed.

SRV

Years
    • Age 34
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    I just set it on fast. I've never heard anyone complain about the text speed..You must be pretty impatient :P

RoMeRz

Scotland The Brave
    Years
    Haha, im not THAT impatient when im talking to someone and they giving me info - but it annoys me when you click on someone that you didn't mean to - or you realise you have spoken to them before and you just want them to shut up :P

But then again - i even have the fight animation turned OFF so I dont need to wait the extra time to see them do their stuff. So saying that - i would also like a better version of fight animation values - e.g. so i can totally turn it off. So when with status effects like speed etc I dont need to see the blurry lines go through the body.

To sum it up - SRV is correct, i am quite impatient haha :(

SRV

Years
    • Age 34
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    At the top of your post you said you aren't, at the bottom you said you are...lol?
    I wouldn't mind seeing more pokemon based on Dinosaurs such as Aerodactyl, and with a name like Tyranitar, it classifies as a Dinosaur in my books. I'm not sure if Lairon would be classified as one, but my point is there aren't enough. They look pretty cool, and it'd be cool if they made more.

Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that they have run out of original names for the pokemon? I mean Krabby, Squirtle, Rattata, Ekans and Arbok(Ekans = Snake backwards, Arbok = Kobra backwards), pretty close to the actual animal. Now with names like: Glalie, Gorbyess and Deoxys? They seem to not care as much as they used to when it came to naming pokemon. I'd like to see some more original names.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back