• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokemon Platinum VX: Vanilla Expanded (Completed)

Lord Pent

Vanilla Expanded hacks creator
Years
  • Last year I made Pokemon FireRed VX. Well, now it's time for Platinum! Ahem-

Pokemon Platinum VX is a hack that adds more playable Pokemon to the game with a gentler approach than your average hack. The difference is that nothing is added that really does not need to be added; no new moves, no type changes, nothing. Also unlike many enhancement hacks, Platinum VX integrates all these new Pokemon as smoothly as possible. As the name Vanilla Expanded suggests, this hack is about expanding the vanilla experience without fundamentally changing the feel of the game.

Platinum VX features:
    - All 210 original Pokemon from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum (with some given much-needed easier ways to catch them)
    - 155 newly catchable Pokemon, added in the same locations you can catch them using postgame-only features like the Poke Radar or the swarm mechanic
    - Updated teams on opponent trainers to use all the new Pokemon
    - Alternate methods to get trade evolutions (this was not changed in FireRed VX, but trading is much less realistic on DS emulators)
    - A complete database of everything you will want to know about the game, including a Pokemon list, encounter tables, boss teams, and other small but impactful changes
    - Postgame update: Play through the postgame with encounters and gym leader rematches updated to match the rest of Platinum VX
    - Great Marsh update: Even more Pokemon are integrated into the main game, bringing the total from 347 to 365

Platinum VX specifically does NOT feature:
    - Pokemon new to Gen 4
    - Moves new to Gen 4
    - Items new to Gen 4
    - Fairy types or other type changes
    - Other excessive changes of any kind!

Pokemon Platinum VX Trailer

Downloads
    Pokemon Platinum VX
    Version List

Hack tools used to make Platinum VX made by:
    JackHack96
    SCV
    Alpha (Alpha Splash)
    Spiky-Eared Pichu (Markitus95)
    Kurt (Kaphotics)

Screenshots Gallery
    Spoiler:

Reply with questions and problems.
    If I don't respond within a few days, that means I haven't been on PokeCommunity. In that case, yell at me on Twitter and I will get over here - @pentreglay

If you stream, let's play, or do any kind of public playthrough of Platinum VX, please show me! I am always happy to see how people play my hacks!

Check out my other hacks if you like the Vanilla Expanded concept:
    Pokemon FireRed VX
    Pokemon HeartGold VX

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    This game lied said it has fairy type That bull cause Mawile is pure steel type

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Platinum VX specifically does NOT feature:
    - Pokemon new to Gen 4
    - Moves new to Gen 4
    - Items new to Gen 4
    - Fairy types or other type changes
    - Other excessive changes of any kind!

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Where do i get the not selected starters in this hack? Trading-in-game?
    (Asking this since they don't appear on the pdf that comes with the patch)

Back