• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Pokemon Polania Beta - Graphics

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2018
    Hi. My name is Pannadela. I'm new here. Some weeks ago I reached to create a Pokemon Emerald Rom Hack named Pokemon Polania. Main game's region - Polania is inspired... Poland. I need someone who could help me in creating graphics to this ROM hack. I have Pokedex entries to Pokemon, but no talent in creating graphics. There will be above 300 Fakemon and Dark and Ghost types will be replaced by Light and Soul types. I need a Trainer sprites too. Trainers are not created yet.
    Dzi?kuj?! (Thank you in Polish ;) )

Years
  • This is a massive request and, I'm gonna be blunt, probably will not be fulfilled. Tilesets are already very time-consuming to produce, and you want over 300 custom Fakemon sprites as well? You would be extremely fortunate to find someone willing to do this, especially without anything more than an idea.

My suggestion is to use public tiles, first of all. You can find them out there on Deviantart and such. Here's a massive tileset[/ur] as an example for you to start ripping from.

As far as the fakemon go, your best bet is to learn how to do pixel art and start making them yourself, really. You might be able to find some public fakemon sprites out there, but of course they won't be the ones you envision and mixing sets (finding a full set of 300+ from one artist would be incredible unlikely) can lead to clashing art styles and varying levels of quality.

Finally, if you're still intent on amassing a team to do all of this for you, you're going to need to make yourself known. Think about it from the perspective of an artist: Would you invest hundreds of hours into creating all of these graphics for a relatively unknown person, with no guarantee the hack will ever be finished? Nothing personal against you, of course, but this is how people are going to see it. Start making simpler stuff and make a name for yourself. Once you have a reputation, you have a possibility of getting people to join in and form a team with you.

I'm sorry if it all seems a bit harsh. It's just that graphical work of this level takes monumental amounts of time, and you are going to have an extremely difficult time finding anyone to do this for you as things are right now.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    As long as it's only the graphics, I can help. Can't really help out with other things if you would want me to.

Back