• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon: Pure Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    Introduction:
    Hello. I recently started making a hack called pokemon pure shadows. It is a hack based off of emerald and although I'm new to hacking, I'm making faster progress than I would of thought I would have into two weeks (I only get on my labtop for about an hour a day.)

Story:
    You (player) are raised on tales of mighty pokemon, who were so powerful they could destroy the world and control all pokemon if their powers were combined. These pokemon were known as legendary pokemon. Nobody could ever try to capture these pokemon because they could not be summoned. And even if they could be summoned they would not listen to those that wished to control them
    But that all changed when Team Geneis heard of Prof Stag's discovery of the POKEMON BIO GENE. Which is the gene that brought life to all pokemon. The gene was that of mew's.

Finally you reach the age of 12, where as fit each boy or girl gets their own pokemon! You head over to Prof. Stag's lab to get your pokemon. When you get their you see his lab a mess and two cops. Turns out a strange fellows came during the night and stole the bio gene, and all of Prof Stag's pokemon for all new trainers. Since Prof Stag has no pokemon you go looking at the beach to see if their are any fishermen willing to give you one.
    When down their you meet wallace. He tells you that last night he stopped the theifs from taking a Mew Egg in the lab (that happen to hatch in the night). Althbough he was not able to protect the bio gene. Wallace takes out the pokeball to show you mew, when the pokeball floats to your hand. Since mew decides it wants you as it's trainer you get mew as a first pokemon. But what of the bio gene? What will happen?

Features:
    *new pure version of special legendaries
    *shadow legendaries
    *New team out to make chaos
    *New region (yet to be named)
    *Orignal storyline
    *Fimailar faces
    *new faces
    *Few new moves exclusive to pure/shadow legendaries. (NEW MOVE NAMED! SHADOW GLIDE)

more to come as hack progress

Team:
    OW spriter: yadayada
    Trainer battle image spriter: open

ScreenShots:
    ingame shots-
    NEW INGAME SHOTS
    screen1f.jpg
    screen2viu.jpg

screen3c.jpg
    screen4u.jpg

alpha 1 shots (no longer ingame)
    pic1sg3.png
    pic2dx1.png

pic3yl0.png
    pic4zf3.png

World map rough draft- not finish or ingame yet.
    mapv1qa3.png

SHADOW POKEMON:
    emespr151mn1.png
    suicunelz1.png

May take longer to get new faces in than I hope since I am no good at spriting.

I am not very artist. the only thing I can do is map maps using advance maps for graphics side. So if anybody is willing to redo the map for me I will be most thankful and I will be sure to include you in credits. Also if someone just plain wants a job with doing all graphic stuff that would be just awesome. All credit will be given.

CREDITS:
    Maker of Advance Map
    Maker of Pokescript
    Maker of Start Map Chooser
    pokemon editor pro
    unlz
    irfanview
    cygnus
    pho

Last edited:

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
    Years
  • That's a really cool storyline, but there's only one problem. Mew does not listen to trainers with no badges. It'll act up, and enrage you to the point of releasing it and getting a worse pokemon. Maybe if you abolish the entire gym/badge system and go for something else, the player can start out with all the badges, making mew cooperate.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2010
    That's a really cool storyline, but there's only one problem. Mew does not listen to trainers with no badges. It'll act up, and enrage you to the point of releasing it and getting a worse pokemon. Maybe if you abolish the entire gym/badge system and go for something else, the player can start out with all the badges, making mew cooperate.

That kind of seems like the point. In the story, it says that the "Legendary" pokemon are huge badasses, and rightfully so, they would not listen to some 12 year old with no experience.

However, I suppose you are right. Perhaps you could start out with a weaker "Legendary" such as one of the three birds, and work your way up.

Oh also, when you say shadow legendaries, what exactly does that entail? Are you perhaps going to reskin some legendaries, or is it figurative?

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
    Years
  • haha, I don't know if any legendary will listen to you. I once tried exactly that. Starting with a level five mew. All it did was sleep, and occasionally hurt itself.

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    I can't seem to find any to get mew to obey without catching the real mew itself, which if caught will be lv 30. which I believe would be way to high to start out.

I can't seem to add one as a new pokemon right now either because I keep getting an error for the program comdlg.ocx. So that is out for now until I can somehow fix that.

Does anybody have any other ideas for starting out with mew? I guess I could do another pokemon but I don't know any others that would fit the spot without mew.

So any help to get mew to obey would be helpful.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • Well, the only way to get mew to obey is with the last badge, whatever that may be.

Really? Is that programmed into the Generation III games, to make sure you don't use a Mew to beat all the gyms? It definitely isn't true in Generation I, because I used the Mew Glitch and went through seven gyms with a completely loyal Mew in my party. It makes sense that there'd be something to make sure you don't beat the game with just some legendary, but this is the first I'd heard of it.

But still. Where's the challenge in starting out with a mew?

Agreed, and I've experienced this personally. Even a very low-level Mew can trounce most Pokémon around it, including higher-level Pokémon, without any type advantages, just because of its high stats.

Here's an idea: why not create a "fakemon" Mew? Like, make the game think it's a new Pokémon, but give it the exact same sprite and name it MEW? That might bypass whatever it is that makes the regular Mew disobedient without eight badges, plus you can lower its stats so that it isn't unfairly strong, and even change its moveset if you'd like. Unfortunately, that'll probably confuse some other parts of the game--like the Pokédex, for one--but you could probably pass that off with some silly in-game explanation like "MEW is so amazing, even the POKÈDEX doesn't know what to make of it!" Just a suggestion. And people make Fakemon-filled games all the time without trouble, so it shouldn't be that hard.

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    Hello there everyone.

Well I took a little break from the story itself to get a new title screen. Only I cannot seem to get it working. So can anybody help me with the tiles screen?

Also I'm having trouble with sprites stay disappear after I take one step. So if anybody can help me with these two problems I would appreciate it.

Vallander

Close your eyes...
    Years
  • lol to be honest i dont know what you guys mean about mew not listening lol ive never had that problem before. and no i didnt hack the game to make it listen i got one from my friend david.

on a better note: this game sounds kinda cool! story seems good too.

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    lol to be honest i dont know what you guys mean about mew not listening lol ive never had that problem before. and no i didnt hack the game to make it listen i got one from my friend david.

on a better note: this game sounds kinda cool! story seems good too.

Well the point was that nintendo made it that if you got mew through any other way, beside the event, it won't listen to you. In this such case for it being a starter it wouldn't work either. That is why i entered the starter mew as a new pokemon. So now it listens and I also edit the moveset and the base stats so it wouldn't overpower the other pokemon right from the beginning.

EDIT:Until I can get some help, I will be focusing on a few more smaller things before i go back to the main plot. like for instance the recoloring of pokemon. You already saw shadow mew in my avatar, now see mew and shadow suicune. (yes suicune does have a vital part in the storyline)
    emespr151mn1.png
    suicunelz1.png

Last edited:

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • Hey, nice sprites! And I wish you luck in figuring out how to get Mew to work as a starter. I still like the idea of this game and hope you'll be able to make some good progress on it soon.

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    Hello there everyone. Well I'm still working on Palmer's basement. Where you should battle Pike. Your rival is willing to do anything to beat you.

So just a small update but i didn't want to leave this thread high and dried without any new news.

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    So I have finish putting in palmer basement and you now have a rival. Although for some reason the inserting sprites was messed up. So I will have to fix this later.
    Also I am planning to add two exclusive moves along with the idea of giving the user a choice of making their legendary shadow or pure form.

The moves I need help with naming. Probably something like
    Shadow....
    and
    Pure.....

Any help for that is great.
    And should I make the shadow pokemon so that a player may get either the shadow form and the pure form or just the normal and pure form.

Also looking for a mapper and spriter....

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    looks nice i can be a tile inserter

Alright cool. Once I get a tileset made(or found) I will send you over the hack so you can insert it. Thanks

And Mew listens because it is actually entered as a new pokemon. I also made mew a bit weaker than a normal mew (can't have an overpowered mew, no can I?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back