• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon: PurpleHeart Version

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    Pokemon: PurpleHeart Version

Name:
    Pokémon PurpleHeart
    Hacker: SnapTime Entertainment

Base:

Language:English

Visit The Official Website:
    www.SnapTimeNow.com/PurpleHeart
    Story:
    You start off in your room, in Origin Town, and you are really excited. Today is your 13th birthday, and you can finally start to become a Pokémon master like you cousin Ash. He is your role model, and you want to be just like him one day. You go downstairs, and your mother gives you some basic tools for your journey such as, Town Map, Running Shoes, and a Sim card ( cell phone ) She tells you to go to professor Ori's lab, and get a Pokémon that he caught for you. You go to his lab, and he's missing, his assistant tells you he's out raising Pokémon. You go to the closest route, and find professor Ori battling off a gang of Team Toxic. Professor Ori finally defeats them, but comes out hurt. He tells you next time they will become even stronger and he might not be able to fight them off. He needs your help to become a Pokémon master, and help defeat Team Toxic once and for all. Later in the game, you find out that Team Toxic is searching for the legendary ultimate physic Pokémon Mewtwo. While following your dream of becoming like Ash, and defeating the elite four, you must also overcome the challenges that face you. Whether it's Team Toxic, your rival, or even just helping innocent citizens,
    good luck to you.

Info:

Professors- Ori and Donray
    Region - Etzion
    Starters-

Rival starter-

Gym Leaders-
    Spoiler:

Gym Maps:
    Spoiler:

Features:
    • New Region Etzion
    !
    • New Leaders and Elite Four!
    • New Rival!
    • New evil: Team Toxic!
    • Get your national dex early in the game!
    • Catch all Pokémon of Regions Johto, Kanto, and Hoenn!
    • All Pokémon Legendaries Available!
    • New ways to evolve trade evolutions!
    • All New sprites!
    • All New events!
    • All New Tiles!
    • MANY after Elite Four events!

Screen Shots:

Beta 1 Full Map:
    Spoiler:

Progress for Beta 1
    Overall: 50% - Goes up to after getting your first badge. Use the map above to see where that is.
    All Pokemon Animated Sprites- 100%
    Tiles 100 %
    Mapping 100%
    Scripting 30 %
    Trainer Sprites 10%
    Overworlds 0%
    Title Screen 0%

Now taking trainer/city name requests. Leave a comment to request one.

Team:
    -Snaptime

-Farful
    -PlayTime
    (If you would like to join, please pm me or leave a comment.)
    Artwork:
    Spoiler:

Banners:

https://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x447/SnapTimenow/purpleheartbanner-2-1.jpg

Bugs:
    -Truck rumble in your room at the start of game Fixed
    - Door animations are not inserted yet.
    Credits:
    GreenCharizard - Tiles
    WesleyFG - Tiles
    Kyledove - Tiles
    Reck- Tiles
    Wichu - Inserting Hg/Ss Sprites

Last edited:

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    The story is a nice start, not good but not bad either I guess. Like the graphics/tiles you implemented. :)
    The choice of starters are, in my opinion, a nice mix. Your hack is called PurpleHearts, so I figured the Pokemon would be poison types (and this new Team Toxic was a good hint as well!) Good luck with your hack, and Happy New Year!

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Nice hack here :3
    Great story and tiles although the houses seem a bit off to me :/
    anyways it all looks good :P
    Are you going to change the hero ?
    if so i could help you with overworlds ;)

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    The story is a nice start, not good but not bad either I guess. Like the graphics/tiles you implemented. :)
    The choice of starters are, in my opinion, a nice mix. Your hack is called PurpleHearts, so I figured the Pokemon would be poison types (and this new Team Toxic was a good hint as well!) Good luck with your hack, and Happy New Year!

Thanks for the support! Happy New Year to you too!

Nice hack here :3
    Great story and tiles although the houses seem a bit off to me :/
    anyways it all looks good :P
    Are you going to change the hero ?
    if so i could help you with overworlds ;)
    Thanks xD
    and yeah, we need a new hero. Pm me with some work you have done before and what you had in mind for ours :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2019
    Lovely except the starters, to me they're the worst turn-off D:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    I happen to like the starters. It's creative. I would though change Nidoran and Ghastly.

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
    Years
    Well I really like your tiles, their bright and colorful. I also like your long list of features. My only gripe is the starters, there isnt much type variety. Other than that it looks as if this game has lots of potential!

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    I happen to like the starters. It's creative. I would though change Nidoran and Ghastly.

Well I really like your tiles, their bright and colorful. I also like your long list of features. My only gripe is the starters, there isnt much type variety. Other than that it looks as if this game has lots of potential!
    About the starters,
    at first it was going to be just one poisen pokemon as the starter and your rival got an aron. (Kind of like in yellow version), but I wanted to give a choice. Thats why all three are poisen type. But which ever you choose, the game play will be pretty much the same until you evolve your starter and they begin to learn other type attacks. Is there any other reason you dont like the starters? Im open minded to changing things.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    UPDATE! :)
    Here's my rough draft of the inside of the first gym. It's bug type, so i know i have to change the chikorita sprite. Like I said, ROUGH DRAFT lol.

Im taking requests for trainers names and pokemon.
    Anyways, let me know what you think of it in the comments xD

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
    love the story man, you seem to prtty good with photoshop as well XD, i wish you good luck, ill keep an eye on this!

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    I actually like the starters. Even though they're all poison, each has a different secondary type, and a different fighting style. For instance, Crobat is a physical attacker, Gengar is a special attacker, and Nidoking is a mix, plus they have very different movepools. I'll look forward to the release, the game looks great. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    I actually like the starters. Even though they're all poison, each has a different secondary type, and a different fighting style. For instance, Crobat is a physical attacker, Gengar is a special attacker, and Nidoking is a mix, plus they have very different movepools. I'll look forward to the release, the game looks great. :)
    Thanks for pointing that out to everyone! :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2019
    Please explain why?
    I personally think they are great to fit the style of the hack.

Why not a popular dark or whatever the type is. In Pokemon games i wouldn't dare catch any of those pokemon because they are over-used to the fullest in caves and so on

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
    Years
    Why not a popular dark or whatever the type is. In Pokemon games i wouldn't dare catch any of those pokemon because they are over-used to the fullest in caves and so on

Zubat is always common in caves, granted, but Nidoran isn't that overused, and Gastly is, while always available because there are so few Ghost-types, often night-only and hidden away in out-of-the-way locations. Perhaps I'm biased, being a Poison-type-lover myself, but I think the starters are fine. As has been stated above, they're all different attacking types, and to be perfectly honest, the Dark type offers precious little variety in terms of attacking variety. There are powerful physical attackers, and there's Houndoom. This isn't even mentioning the fact that most Dark types either don't evolve or only evolve once, making them unsuitable for starters.

And, finally, very common wild Pokémon aren't always worthless. Zubat is common as dirt everywhere - but Crobat is awesome, as are the slightly rarer Nidoking and Gengar.

That turned into a bit of a rant, but my point is essentially that the starters seem to me to be perfectly good choices.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    hey, looks awesome and i love the starters, its always nice to have a new team every time i play. is there an .ips file yet?
    Thanks!, but not yet. I dont have much time or any time on weekdays to work on this. But, I have a lot on weekend. Im estimating there will be an ips patch in a month.

Zubat is always common in caves, granted, but Nidoran isn't that overused, and Gastly is, while always available because there are so few Ghost-types, often night-only and hidden away in out-of-the-way locations. Perhaps I'm biased, being a Poison-type-lover myself, but I think the starters are fine. As has been stated above, they're all different attacking types, and to be perfectly honest, the Dark type offers precious little variety in terms of attacking variety. There are powerful physical attackers, and there's Houndoom. This isn't even mentioning the fact that most Dark types either don't evolve or only evolve once, making them unsuitable for starters.

And, finally, very common wild Pokémon aren't always worthless. Zubat is common as dirt everywhere - but Crobat is awesome, as are the slightly rarer Nidoking and Gengar.
    Good Point, and in the caves of this game, or in fact, any area there will be no "dirt" pokemon. It will be balanced out so that pokemon are spread out through the region. That way you can get all 386, and you will never get annoyed or seeing geodude and zubat in every cave lol.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    hey, looks awesome and i love the starters, its always nice to have a new team every time i play. is there an .ips file yet?
    Thanks!, but not yet. I dont have much time or any time on weekdays to work on this. But, I have a lot on weekend. Im estimating there will be an ips patch in a month.

Good Point, and in the caves of this game, or in fact, any area there will be no "dirt" pokemon. It will be balanced out so that pokemon are spread out through the region. That way you can get all 386, and you will never get annoyed or seeing geodude and zubat in every cave lol.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Everything seems like an okay start. However one thing is offputting to me, the title. A purple heart is a US military award given to those who are either wounded or killed by enimes. How that has any relation to what you have so far, I don't know. Now I realize most Pokemon titles don't actually relate to the content in the game however since your title isn't a random color, element, or stone, but an actual award. (Granted you might not be a US citizen or know what it is but one would think that if you use it in the title one is left to wonder.) I'm not trying to bash or anything so I apologize if I had given off that message.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    Everything seems like an okay start. However one thing is offputting to me, the title. A purple heart is a US military award given to those who are either wounded or killed by enimes. How that has any relation to what you have so far, I don't know. Now I realize most Pokemon titles don't actually relate to the content in the game however since your title isn't a random color, element, or stone, but an actual award. (Granted you might not be a US citizen or know what it is but one would think that if you use it in the title one is left to wonder.) I'm not trying to bash or anything so I apologize if I had given off that message.
    lol, yeah im a US citizen, i live in California.
    Honestly, I never made that connection between the military award and my game. Purple is my favorite color, and I think its funny that nintendo never made a purple game. But, I might incoorperate it into my game. Maybe, after saving MewTwo (if you are strong enouph) then you can get that ward called the purple heart. Thanks for the idea.

Back