• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Randomized Nuzlocke Race?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I hope I'm posting in the proper section, as I read the rules and couldn't see a clear section to post to. If I should move the thread let me know where to.:D I was looking at challenges but this isn't a new challenge- it's solidifying a current challenge while asking if anyone is interested to run it as well.

Heyy all. I'm looking for either people who would want to run a randomized Nuzlocke with me or help form a solid ruleset of things to keep in mind regarding a Nuzlocke. I'm always up for meeting new people and I figured that this would be a nice way in doing it. :3 I'm also working on a Pokemon hack but I don't want to advertise that here so if you want to know more feel free to contact me. Help and/or feedback is always appreciated.

Now, for those of you who don't know, there are several rules that define a Nuzlocke. This is what makes it challenging.
    Rules:
    -Only the first Pokemon in a new area can be caught.
    -You must give the captured Poke a nickname.
    -If a Pokemon faints it is considered dead and must be put into a dedicated box in the PC or released.

I will be playing with additional rules however:
    -You MUST keep your starter on your team at all times, unless it has fainted.
    -If a duplicate is encountered (I'm including the entire evolutionary line) the player has 3 more chances to try and catch a new encounter.
    -A limited number of revives (I'm thinking two, just to keep the run going)
    -If random legendaries are encountered in the wild (where else would they be?) the player is allowed to use them.
    -If a shiny Poke is encountered the player is allowed to bypass the dupes clause and if it is not the first encounter the player is allowed to catch it.
    -Pokemon that are given to the player count as them catching a Pokemon during the route/city.
    Ex.) The Player reaches Celadon City and obtains the Eevee from the Mansion- that Eevee counts as a Pokemon they obtained. They can now no longer fish for a Poke by the Game Corner or cash out a prize at the Game Corner.
    Ex.) If the player receives a Charmander in Yellow they are no longer allowed to catch a Pokemon in Route 25.

One rule I have in question is whether Pokemon needing to be evolved from a trade should be given an evolution based on level. Trading would be rather hard over an emulator and this would fix that. It wouldn't be breaking the game's integrity as it fully possible for the player to have the Poke given the right circumstances.

Randomized Rules:
    -Every Pokemon in an area is randomized, meaning that all slots of Pokemon will be switched with different Pokes. This does not mean that the Pokes switched out take the place of the Pokes they replace.
    Ex.) A Skarmory replaces Pidgey in Route 1 but a Spearow replaces a Pidgey in Route 2.
    -Hidden Items and Items on the world screen are randomized. Items given to the player will be the same (The potion you receive from your PC and the potion handed to you by the Pokemart employee will still be potions).
    -TMs are randomized, meaning any move can be become a TM.
    -TM compatibility is randomized, meaning Pokes can learn a TM that they originally weren't able to in vanilla.
    -Movesets/pools are randomized and Pokemon will have different moves at level up from vanilla.

Next will be items for the race. Is this a good idea and entertaining to watch or just troublesome? Should I include the Elite Four R2, obtaining items from Oak's Aides, and other various items scattered about? This would be all endgame and once the Nuzlocke team is (hopefully) complete. Otherwise the player could try to catch new Pokes in the Sevii Islands (assuming it's an area they haven't encountered before).

And finally, I figure a battle is a good way to end the series. Doesn't have to be in-game. I'm thinking Pokemon Showdown would be a good way to do this. Whether you'd want to participate or not, does this seem like too much trouble and too bothersome to watch or something interesting? I can run regular Nuzlockes, but I'd also like to do something a little bit more but it has no value, there's no point lol.

I'm considering Gen IV+ games in the future but at the moment I have no way to record them. That may change soon however. If I've missed any details or you have questions feel free to ask away. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions definitely comment. I'm hoping this may actually go somewhere.

Dale~

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • We've got a thread for this challenge in...go figure, Challenges! Check it out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back