• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ranger.

Sajiri

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    Just wondering about the Manaphy egg, i saw a video on youtube showing text like:

"The egg can only be transfered once. Do you wish to continue?"

Im guessing that means once PER SAVE FILE, not specific to either that Ranger cart, or D/P cart.

I know I could trade the hatched egg to Pearl from Diamond, but i want two of my own for completeness.

Therefore, if i complete the game on Ranger, and transfer it to my Diamond, can i restart Ranger, and then get another Manaphy egg to transfer to Pearl?

Actually Im pretty sure its once per catridge. I havent played my Ranger for a while, but the ranger net missions (special missions after you beat the game, one of them being the manaphy mission) are supposed to still be there even if you restart it. I assume they keep the player and lv from the original save?

Either way I specifically remember reading that you could only transfer manaphy ONCE and not get the egg twice. I may have misunderstood it though (I highly doubt I did) but I havent got around to restarting it since then.

I found the majority of the game easy, it was just capturing entei at the very end I couldnt do. Once I got the pattern of his attacks down and the right time to start drawing loops I found it easy. Other than that the only trouble I really had was Tiffany's two camerupts that were a pain in the butt

Years
    Actually Im pretty sure its once per catridge. I havent played my Ranger for a while, but the ranger net missions (special missions after you beat the game, one of them being the manaphy mission) are supposed to still be there even if you restart it. I assume they keep the player and lv from the original save?

Either way I specifically remember reading that you could only transfer manaphy ONCE and not get the egg twice. I may have misunderstood it though (I highly doubt I did) but I havent got around to restarting it since then.

I found the majority of the game easy, it was just capturing entei at the very end I couldnt do. Once I got the pattern of his attacks down and the right time to start drawing loops I found it easy. Other than that the only trouble I really had was Tiffany's two camerupts that were a pain in the butt

That seems really stupid! I mean it makes sense if each person had one Ranger, and ONLY ONE of either Diamond or Pearl. But i have both (not tarteed yet), so if I transfer Manaphy's egg to Diamond for example, after restarting it and completing the game again, i STILL wont be able to transfer another egg to Pearl... :surprised:

What are my options? The cloning glitch, not that i know how to do it. And possibly buying 2 Rangers, but why would i wanna do that...

Sajiri

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    well it is a special mission for a legendary. Legendaries are meant to be hard to get, thats why you have to go to events for so many of them.

The whole point is to make you get Ranger so you can give it to Diamond or Pearl. What good would it be if you were able to get it as many times as you wanted? Then people would be giving them to all their friends.

At first I wasnt happy with it, but hey, at least it means not everyone and their grandmother is gonna have a manaphy. The answer, just deal with it and have a single manaphy like everyone else. Be glad you get it, alot of people dont have Ranger so they'll never get a manaphy unless they're lucky enough to be given one by someone very generous

Back