• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rangers- The Unknown Apocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
Years
  • I noticed that there were few, if any, pokemon ranger roleplays here, so I decided to bring one in. THe Unknown Apocalypse!

Plot:
    It was an average day, or whatever it was there, in the Unknown Dimension. The only pokemon that live there are the Unknown, as you may guess. There is one type of Unknown for every letter of the alphabet, as well as two kinds that look like an exclamation point and a question mark. Hundreds of Unknown of each kind drifted about the Unknown Dimension at that time, but this was about to change. Shrieks and screeches of frightened Unknown filled this strange world as a mysterious ball of light appeared in the center of the mass of pokemon. Unknown began disappearing, one by one, at rapid speed into a white vortex of light now opened up in the glowing ball. Soon, all of the Unknown were gone, except a select few. One of each type to be exact, but these scant remains of a once common species (in their world at least) were terrified and wanted more than anything to get their friends back. So, in one desperate struggle for hope, the last Unknown set forth into the pokemon world you know and [hopefully] love, to seek out humans for help. The particular humans they had in mind for solving their mystery, were the Pokemon Rangers. Pokemon Rangers are people who help other people and pokemon with their trusted pokemon partner, as well as friend pokemon that they capture using their stylers. To the Unknown, these Rangers fit what they were looking for completely, so each one found a Ranger to help with solving the mystery of the Unknown Apocalypse!

Setting:
    Although part of this RP will take place in the Unknown Dimension, a lot of it will be stationed in a land called the Harken Region. This region has seven main cities. Clorand City is a large port town in the south where most ships coming into the region are docked. Connecting Clorand City to Shavine Town is the vast Shavine Forest, a dense coniferous forest where wild pokemon that like moderately cold climates and of course, forests live. Heading east, you will find a prarie filled with electric pokemon, as well as some grassland pokemon, with a long dirt road that taked you to Yukabur Town. South of Yukabur is the Gallis desert, home to many desert-dwelling pokemon and one small oasis that is surrounded by the homes of the Gallis Village. Even further sout of that is the only other port in the region, in a place called Jaystroy City. This city is much smaller than Clorand, but it is still an important port. East of that is a huge area of marshland that contains the boggy city of boardwalks raised buildings known as SumtreeTown, where it is said that rare pokemon like dratini can be found. The final town is far away from the others, way up to the north of the Shavine Forest and surrounded by snow and ice. That final place is known as Adrequa City, and though it is cold it is the second biggest city in the region, next to Clorand City. All of these cities and towns have ranger bases, and here is a list of their leaders: Clorand- Brent, Yukabur- Kelly, Gallis- Hunter, Jaystroy- Gabriella, Sumtree- Richard, (oops I forgot Shavine) Shavine- Collin, and Adrequa- Shay.

Rules:
    1) Remember, you aren't a super-ranger that can capture any pokemon easily with one loop or capture an extremely powerful one without your styler suffering from damage, keep your abilities believeable.

2) No controlling other member's characters, simple as that. ANYONE who does this without permission and proof will face my firey wrath, so beware.

3) Begging makes me want to kill people, so please no "but I really wanted that Unknown, can you please please make and acception this once, please oh please oh please?" because if you do that then bad things will happen, very bad things.

4) Stay active, please. The worst thing is when you haven't posted for a long time and then everything has moved far on when you come crawling back to this thread. So unless you have a legit excuse for not posting, (ie. going on vacation, computer breaks down, etc.) then you will be kicked off the RP.

5) USE PROPER GRAMMAR!

6) I can't think of any other rules... so have fun. I may add some more to this later though, so be ready for updates.

The Sign Up Form of Doom:

Name- First and last, middle is optional

Age- Between ages 13 and 30 please

Gender- Male or famale, can be gay if you so wish

Appearance- I expect a lot of detail here. You may add a picture, but I need to see a lengthy description no matter what you do. Remember, they have a uniform.

Personality- This also needs some detail. Try to make it at least four lines. Thank you.

History- Also needs to be lengthy, so start typing!

Partner- This is your partner pokemon. No legendaries, please, or shinies. I want this to be just an average, everyday pokemon, it can still be rare though of course. Also, we will be going with the partner rules from the first ranger game, so this means you only get one. I expect some detail on your partner, too.

Unknown- Which Unknown chose you? Ramember, there is only one of each kind, so if the name on the list below is crossed out, you can't have it, no acceptions. Althouth, they are all Unknown, so I don't get what the big deal would be anyway.

RP Sample- I'm going to need a sample of an average post, you know, something you would typically put on an RP.

The Great List of Unknown:

:t201-a:
    Unknown A

:t201-b:
    Unknown B

:t201-c:
    Unknown C

:t201-d:
    Unknown D

:t201-e:
    Unknown E

:t201-f:
    Unknown F Reserved by: Proddit

:t201-g:
    Unknown G

:t201-h:
    Unknown H

:t201-i:
    Unknown I

:t201-j:
    Unknown J

:t201-k:
    Unknown K

:t201-l:
    Unknown L

:t201-m:
    Unknown M

:t201-n:
    Unknown N

:t201-o:
    Unknown O

:t201-p:
    Unknown P

:t201-q:
    Unknown Q

:t201-r:
    Unknown R

:t201-s:
    Unknown S Taken By: Me!

:t201-t:
    Unknown T

:t201-u:
    Unknown U

:t201-v:
    Unknown V

:t201-w:
    Unknown W

:t201-x:
    Unknown X Reserved by: Dragax67

:t201-y:
    Unknown Y

:t201-z:
    Unknown Z

:t201-qu:
    Unknown ?

:t201-!:
    Unknown !

My Sign Up:

Name- Cassandra "Cas" N. Karstine

Age- 18

Gender- Female

Appearance- Cassandra stands at five feet and seven inches high weighing in at about 109 pounds. She has pale skin and regular brown hair that is slightly more blonde at the top from exposure to large amounts of sun. Cas has a small nose and mouth but the rest of her facial features are completely normal. Her ears are pierced and she usually wears some kind of small earring, but not anything expensive. As far as other jewelry goes, she wears nothing. Cas keeps her nails painted either dark blue or bright red, depending on what color she is in the mood for. Finally, she keeps her hair up with a cloth band tied at the top of her neck that stretches across the top of her head.

When slacking off, Cas wears jeans with a t-shirt and a sweatshirt, but she rarely does this because she spends most of her time on the job. Her uniform looks like the kind shoen in the second ranger game (it may be the same as the first, but whatever), only hers has a large rip down the left arm. She tore it when climbing up a tree to reach a pokemon, and never bothered to have it fixed up. There is also a small hole on the left leg, but no one ever seems to notice that, and Cas doesn't even know how it got there, so she ignores it. Unlike the rangers shown in the game, Cas wears thin black gloves most of the time, though they are sturdy enough not to get ripped.

Personality- Cas is lazy at heart and doesn't like the work to be piled on. However, she dutifully does what she is told to do and carries out her missions with as few flaws as she could possibly manage. Although she slacks, she seems to always know what is going on and some of the rangers at her base even think that she is psycic because she can sometimes figure out what a mission is going to be before it is assigned to her. With her acute sense of humor, Cas usually plays along and acts like she truely is psycic, although that is not possible. Sometimes, she is wrong about a mission but she turns her mistake into a joke making her feel less embarassed.

History- Cas was born and raised in Shavine Town. She enjoyed watching the Rangers work and was always fascinated by them, so she eventually decided to become a Ranger herself. In her early Ranger days, Cas didn't have a partner, but she still kept p well with her missions and never failed to impress some of the older Rangers with her fast learning. One day, while on patrol, Cas was asked to rescue an injured duskull that a lady had said was lying near the entrance to the Shavine woods. After capturing and helping the duskull, the tiny ghost-type bonded with Cas and became her partner. After many missions and patrols, the tiny duskull eventually evolved into the impressive pokemon he is today.

Partner- A large dusknoir that Cas calls Dusky is the partner to this interesting Ranger. It is a boy and ever so slightly bigger than a normal dusknoir, but this is hard to notice unless he is compared with another. Dusky tends to be serious and is usually the first one in the twosome to spot something interesting or important to the mission. He is good at finding things out and will do everything he can to communicate to cas, even put on a cute charade.

Unknown- Unknown S

RP Sample- I already know what my posts are like, I don't need an RP sample.

And there it is, the Unknown Apocalypse!

Last edited:

Dragax67

A Rookie Trainer raring to Go!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 14, 2015
    I'd love to reserve a spot in this RP, as I also play the Ranger Games!
    It sounds awesome, and I'd very much like Unown X if thats OK.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back