• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Real Adventure

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2017
    Pokemon Real Adventure

First Small Demo coming 16/12/2017

Pokemon Real Adventure is a Pokemon game like none before. what sets Pokemon Real Adventure (PRA) apart from the rest is that no longer does the player simply go from city to city only passing a couple of routes, instead each town is separated by long routes and many towns in-between that gives you a fell that each city isn't simply a half hour walk away. Instead travel distance gives a much more realistic distance like that of Ash traveling in the T.V Show with towns in-between each gyms each integral to the story. No longer does the player simply reach a town heal their Pokemon and leave, rather each place has something special which sets it apart just like Ash as he roams regions collecting gym badges. by the time you reach the elite four you really feel as though you've lived a life with your Pokemon. as far as the size of the region it will likely be about the size of between two and three regions. To compensate for the larger region the Pokemon leveling system will be slower meaning more exp is needed to level up however i feel this is good as not enough time is spent with each Pokemon in its pre final evolution forms, and this is half the fun of playing the game - evolving your Pokemon so with this system it keeps the suspense.

Features

MASSIVE REGION - a truly big world encompassing a predicted 30 Towns and City's with many long winding routes as you truly explore the Kukri region.

Slower leveling system - enjoy your Pokemon at their pre evolved state for longer and take in the excitement of having them finally evolve after training them harder.

An actual post game - I Dont want to spoil to much but after beating the elite four theirs a spare working 'champions' gym available as well as a Pokemon world championship. Explore more of kukri as you hone your training ability. [/S]

Plot driven game - The Story is truly one of interest as you explore the region with your friends and helping people along the way and learning about Kukri's mysterys along the way.

Trainer College - Spend a year at trainer college as you make friends and receive your first Pokemon in preparation to become a Pokemon trainer.

Your first Pokemon is truly your partner - I'm undecided on stater Pokemon so ideas would be helpful however i currently have two ideas one where you get an Eevee with elevated stats so when it evolves it has 560 base stats it would also follow you on the map or your stater Pokemon is reflected by a choice system much like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and it follows in your footsteps as you travel on your journey.

Customized Pokedex of about 300 Pokemon as i feel having to many choices takes away from the game

No HMs

Plot
    The player is the son of a famous berry farmer and after preforming very well in trainer school the player is selected to go to a prestigious Trainer college run by Professor Oak where many friends and rivals are made that carry on through the adventure. after completing a year of college the player is ready to set off and become the Pokemon champion in competition with many of their class mates and other trainers of the region. The classic Team Rocket are back with two of their grunts constantly on the tail of the young hero. A connection with each Gym leader as you get to know their individual personalities as you travel throughout the huge region and uncover the ancient secrets it holds.

im relatively new to game making so any help like mapping would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    instead of slower leveling, can you put a level stop at some point...thus lets say we can have 15 20 max level pokemon...instead of it being slow. and what games are inspireing you to make a super long game like this?

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2017
    instead of slower leveling, can you put a level stop at some point...thus lets say we can have 15 20 max level pokemon...instead of it being slow. and what games are inspireing you to make a super long game like this?

yea that may be a good idea however i feel like it takes away from the added difficulty of the game as its still in early stages i havnt sorted out the leveling system yet, i enjoyed HGSS but felt like after reaching kanto it got a bit boring but i loved the length of it so thats inspired me as well as just the general story of the tv series

Back