• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon ReBurst

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2020
If you don't know what this is then Google it I guess.. But anyway I found it and It was really good but there's only 11 chapter translated out of 72 O.O I honestly don't get why its not getting translated

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Probably because people would have to google it to find out what it is. But yeah, it sucks. I already had read ReBurst and I really want the rest of it to come out and all. I don't have a book store nearby, nor the allowance to buy manga

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2020
I'm pretty sure its not even sold in US for some reason, thats really the reason why if anything....

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
It's not getting translated probably because VIZ doesn't believe that they can make enough profit of it or because they think that putting their resources into publishing other mangas such as PokéSpe and the Pokémon movie mangas is more lucrative. And I say that's BS.
This manga fits VIZ's profile almost perfectly: multiple volumes and a fan favourite. What might be an unattractive factor for VIZ is that this is an original Pokémon manga (bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_manga#Original_stories), meaning that it's not based on the games or the anime. The games' and anime's popularity increases the manga sales. This manga has support from neither the games nor the anime meaning that its sales might be lower than Pokémon mangas that are based on the games or anime.
Then it's also the fact that the anime and Pokémon Adventures is stealing the spotlight from all other Pokémon mangas. Also, have anyone ever seen advertising for English Pokémon mangas that wasn't in a VIZ / Chuang Yi product. I haven't.

Kinokuniya sells all eight Japanese volumes on their website (kinokuniya.com) including their US website (kinokuniya.com/us/) and in their stores across the US (kinokuniya.com/us/index.php/fho003) and some other parts of the world.

Pokémon RéBURST vol. 1: kinokuniya.com/us/index.php/fbs003?common_param=9784091232007
Pokémon RéBURST vol. 2: kinokuniya.com/us/index.php/fbs003?common_param=9784091233370
Pokémon RéBURST vol. 3: kinokuniya.com/us/index.php/fbs003?common_param=9784091235374
Pokémon RéBURST vol. 4: kinokuniya.com/us/index.php/fbs003?common_param=9784091236494
Pokémon RéBURST vol. 5: kinokuniya.com/us/index.php/fbs003?common_param=9784091237057
Pokémon RéBURST vol. 6: kinokuniya.com/us/index.php/fbs003?common_param=9784091238108
Pokémon RéBURST vol. 7: kinokuniya.com/us/index.php/fbs003?common_param=9784091238870
Pokémon RéBURST vol. 8: kinokuniya.com/us/index.php/fbs003?common_param=9784091240071

Follow these steps to find a Japanese Pokémon manga on a Kinokuniya site:
1. Go to Bulbapedia's Pokémon manga article (bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_manga). Choose the desired Pokémon manga and copy it's Japanese name. RéBURST's Japanese name is ポケットモンスターRéBURST.
2. Go to a Kinokuniya site (kinokuniya.com), paste it, choose "Japanese Books" and hit enter.
3. Done.

Back