• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Recondite

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2021
    Updated-5/26/19
    This project is NOT dead. Great, now that we got out of the way I can say what I've been doing. I have been working on this game on and off due to irl stuff and to give myself a break so I don't overwork and make something I'm not happy with. That being said, the game will look completely different. I like to call it a graphic overhaul because I'm replacing/editing a majority of graphics into something that are objectively better and/or something I can say I made. That being said no progress on the actual game has been done because why make something and have to go back cause I'm using new tilesets or etc. The way I want to make this game is have all the assets ready so I can go full steam ahead on the game itself. The current schedule of sorts for the game will be:
    1- finish graphics to the extent of what I think I'll need, time frame = month(s)
    2- finish off adding whatever music I'm going to add to the game, time frame = week
    3- scripting stuff, essentially add the features I know for sure I'll have, time frame = week(s) - month(s)
    4- update what's been made with new assets and such, time frame = week(s) - month(s)
    5- Play test for Pokemon Recondite Version 0.1, time frame = week(s)
    6- New Content!
    Once I manage to finish up what I have planned with graphics, I can give an approximation for when Version 0.1 will be out. In order to speed up the process I would need someone to help me make trainer sprites/ overworld sprites.

Introduction/Summary
    You and your parents move into a seemingly boring town in the region of Petra. Petra is one of the regions that Kalos was at war with 3000 years ago. You and your rival, Xavier, are taken into an adventure by a mysterious Pokemon that kick starts your journey. You soon learn that defeating gym leaders no longer grants you entry into the Pokemon League, if that's even your goal. As you try to discover the past, the present stands in your way with a new twist and turn at, probably not, every corner. Each tide that tries to change this region has its own ideal, which do you believe?
    Knowledge or Power
    Slow and Steady vs Radical and Revolutionary
    Past or Future
    Reality vs Intention
    Or return to zero...​

New Features
    -Ability to chain pokemon in the overworld like in Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
    -Custom Story with a brand new region and lore
    -Overworld Battles (Will be explained at a later time)
    -Gym leaders are replaced
    -More Than 10 New Terrains (an example of an existing one is Electric Terrain)
    -Gen 4/5 graphics (95% or more gen 4 and little gen 5)

Common Features
    -Sidequests
    -Pokemon up to generation 7 (includes alolan forms and possibly meltan/melmetal)
    -Mega evolution (potential for custom megas)
    -New moves
    -Important characters like Frontier Brains, Elite Four, and leaders of significant groups
    -Pokemon Changes which includes types, stat redistribution, moves, and etc.
    -HMs will be replaced with key items

Potential Features
    -Challenge Mode which could consist of:
    Randomizer
    Nuzlocke
    A custom challenge mode I make
    -Multiple endings (I want to say there will be I just don't see myself there yet in terms of game progress)

Screenshots
    Pokemon Recondite

Credits
    Spoiler:

Team
    Allan5829 - Lead Developer, Everything Else

Want to join the team? / How to help?
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=421604

Any feedback or questions are greatly appreciated and have a great day or night!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2021
    This sounds interesting, will there be any fakemon?
    No there won't, at best there will be new mega evolutions if I manage to get some art. I don't want any fakemon in Pokemon Recondite because this is my first game. After I finish Pokemon Recondite, I will be more open. The biggest obstacle would be making the art because I cannot.

Years
    No there won't, at best there will be new mega evolutions if I manage to get some art. I don't want any fakemon in Pokemon Recondite because this is my first game. After I finish Pokemon Recondite, I will be more open. The biggest obstacle would be making the art because I cannot.

Would you at least try to include the Seventh Generation Pokemon as well as Alola Forms?

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2021
    Would you at least try to include the Seventh Generation Pokemon as well as Alola Forms?
    I'll think about the alola forms but other than that I have no current intention to add 7th gen. For me it's more of an extra feature rather than something necessary. Also, I've already made a good amount of trainers and to not have accounted for 7th gen it would give me more work. Essentially everything I've done with gens 1-6th I have to with 7th. I'm not trying to be mean but those 80 pokemon won't make a big difference in how you play the game. I will not be including z-moves because personally I'm not a fan of them and they don't impact battling so much that they are a must have in any game. I don't want to put my focus on extra features when I want to focus on the content of Version 2 which is more important than adding new pokemon. This is how I want to make this game and I'm sorry if you have a lot of favorite pokemon from 7th gen.

Last edited:
    Years
    I'll think about the alola forms but other than that I have no current intention to add 7th gen. For me it's more of an extra feature rather than something necessary. Also, I've already made a good amount of trainers and to not have accounted for 7th gen it would give me more work. Essentially everything I've done with gens 1-6th I have to with 7th. I'm not trying to be mean but those 80 pokemon won't make a big difference in how you play the game. I will not be including z-moves because personally I'm not a fan of them and they don't impact battling so much that they are a must have in any game. I don't want to put my focus on extra features when I want to focus on the content of Version 2 which is more important than adding new pokemon. This is how I want to make this game and I'm sorry if you have a lot of favorite pokemon from 7th gen.

It's fine to me, and it is your game. I'm just throwing suggestions out there for you.

Back