• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Pokemon red/blue - high-level language

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    Hello,
    Did someone already recreate the game Pokemon red or blue in a high-level language like java? With libGDX or similar?
    I saw many things about RPG MAKER XP and Pokemon Essentials, but is this the only way to make your own ROM HACKs? This is made for PC and with some twists, you can apparently play on your Android, but it's not optimized for it right?
    I d'like to edit the red/blue version to make it as an app for Android, and simulating the LINK CABLE with bluetooth (and also implement some small changes). Like a stable, easy access and fun version of this legendary game, but for Android.
    What do you think about that?
    This may sound a bit crazy I guess. I am just a nostalgic fan of this game, atm I am enjoying it again alone on my Android but this LINK CALBLE thing is badly missing. I have some programming skills and I d'like to spend some time in such a project, for fun. If I can avoid starting from scratch, it would be nice.
    Thx.
    bb!

EDIT: do you thing we could easly (with AI?) transform a RPG MAKER XP + Pokemon Essentials to a android-java-code?

Last edited:
    Back