• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon red gold (not a g/s remake)

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
  • This is not a gold remake!

mods, can you close this because this hack is dead because gold map can't edit the important areas and I can't find a scripting program for gold so I restarted this hack on fire red and would like to start fresh!

Hack of gold (won't be a remake when beta 0.5 or 1 comes out

This takes place in Johto 3 years before gold and silver

1. You start out in newbark town in Johto with only days before you move and a new family (the trainer from g/s and his mom) moves in. You go next door to prof. elm's lab and get a starter pokemon. Prof. Rowan (from D/P because he said he traveled to other regions before going back to sinnoh) is there and says prof. elm is at Mr. Pokemon's house. You get a pokedex from elm and go home to show your mom. Your mom sees that your now a trainer and gives you your first pokeballs she got with the money she won gambling. (she has a serious problem with gambling)

Bla Bla Bla

2. you get to violet city and a team rocket member is blocking the gym so you head to sprout tower to get the flash HM. When you get there you see team rocket is in there trying to get the 100 foot tall bellsprout that is rumored to be in the middle of the pillar. You get to the top after battling them and see the elder just lost to the leader of this job and he/she sees you and battles you. You win so the elder thanks you and gives you flash. Next is the gym. The leader is Winnona (from Hoenn). When beaten she says that she will go to Hoenn to train.

Bla Bla Bla

3. You get to Ilex forrest and see team rocket at the shrine. You beat them and Celebi comes. Team rocket attacks her and then celebi takes you 400 years in the past. You go to Rainmaker well (called Slowpoke well in the future) to try to find celebi. You find her after fighting team rocket (yes, the same team rocket only this team rocket is led by Giovanin's Great Great ect. Grandfather and few know about the rockets because they are an under ground organization until Giovanni becomes the leader in your time.

Bla Bla Bla

4. Goldenrod city (nothing exciting happens yet but there are some things different from g/s here.)
    Game corner-just built, nothing here except a few boxes and a pokeball holding the coin case
    Bike shop-a pokemon card loving kid lives here and will trade you his bike for a pokemon card with mew on it
    Radio tower is not built and the tower that is there is made of wood
    No magnet train. regular pokemart with the owner talking about adding more floors

Thats all for now because I have to go. More will come later

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

*note*
    is it possible to hack w/ just the vba because I don't get how to use the hacking tools on this site other than the map and sprite editing ones.

Beta 0.1 will just be edited maps and PLEASE tell me if any of the warps are wrong I only changed some later in the game around olivine. I also edited some people so report ANY bugs you find. There probably will be ALOT of them.

Beta 0.2 will have a few sprite changes. My favorite is the pokeballs because they look more like they do on tv.

BETAS:
    beta 0.1
    beta 0.2

mods, can you close this because this hack is dead because gold map can't edit the important areas and I can't find a scripting program for gold so I restarted this hack on fire red and would like to start fresh!

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Hmm...not bad! I'm doing a GS hack myself! I could help you out a little! Maybe...

Oh, FIRST POST, yeah!

Icalasari

The Icy Basilisk
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 20, 2015
    That sounds great! I can't wait to try it myself!

Icalasari

The Icy Basilisk
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 20, 2015
    :O We did

Anyways, I think he has a good idea, revealing the plot like that. That way, people can point out fallacies in it

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Next time read the rules. I like it but hey you didnt read the rules 2 know any hack ideas for hacks need to be ceated by the idea creator. Or something like that.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Good luck, remember to list a list of features. Looks like you are serious on this hack and have planned it all out.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • OK.
    So you have everything you need to start hacking.
    Go over to the toolbox and get yourself some gold hacking tools
    Go to Google and get a Pokémon Gold ROM
    Get learning and make this idea a game :)

I say use Gold because i prefer it and it will have all the maps you need (well, a large % of them)

whatman

RomHacker4Christ
    Years
  • this sounds cool. i would use a fire red or leaf green rom cause its closer to what your trying to do than anything else. But also you could try hacking pearl or daimond becuase the team battels would make sense. But no matter what rom you use it sounds like a good game and i cant wait to play it.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • I know a great website to get ROMs from but I can't tell you because if I do I would be breaking the rules.

Does anyone know how to use the hacking programs?
    Thanks!

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • Its not a remake because it isn't the same story (or at least won't be when I get to the scripting part, I'm doing this different than other hackers because I'm new at this.

Back