• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon refencing things not from pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    so i don't know if you guys have noticed but their are some neat non-pokemon references such as a physics after battle text saying "WOW! your pokemon's power level is over 9000" a reference to dragonball Z and i just found a beauty and the beast reference "beauty and the beast is an old fairy tale where a prince was turned into a pokemon and a women loved him despite it"

if there are others please tell =D

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    There was a reference I saw. I forget exactly how it went but it said something like "I played this awesome game where you whack things to the beat of music." Which I am 99.99% sure is a reference to HarmoKnights.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    In a Furfrou themed café in Lumiose City, a lady said something along the lines of "I kiss my 101 Furfrou's goodbye before I leave home!" Which is a reference to 101 Dalmations.

Years
  • Hey I just found the power level one!

On Route 10/Menhir Trail, the first Trainer is a Psychic and talks about power levels. At the end (if you defeat him) he says something along the lines of:"Wow! Your Pokèmon's power level! It must be over 9000!" Which is both 1. funny, as it's one of the most recognisable memes in the history of memes, and 2. awkward because Vegeta said it when Goku was only at around ~8000 power. A meme and a fail- WIN!!

Oh, and-

Dear Lysandre,

The 1980's called, and they want their Thunder Cat back.

Sincerely,
    Blackey448

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I came across this at Victory Road. Not my picture, though. My camera isn't that good to take such pictures but the result is the same.

Spoiler:

Seems like Gamefreak is into memes lately.

Back