• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

| ~ Pokemon Reversal - [M] ~ |

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years
  • LE GASP. HUMANS CAN HAVE ELEMENTS WITHOUT HAVING THE LIMITATIONS OF MOVESETS? WELL, THAT IS JUST AWESOME. I'm probably pushing my limits, but I'll go ahead and say, "Reserve me a spot for the Pokehuman, please."

For a start, I'll submit a few info about a character that was supposed to be for a magical story (which was cancelled xD). No worries, though, as she isn't completely recycled; the only things that I had progress with before were her name and the outline of her personality as well as the color of her hair.

Done! Not the best that I can present, but hope it's all right.

Name: Lyrica Frost

Wild Human or Pokemon: WILD HUMAN

Age in human years: 17

Appearance: A person with fair complexion and stands at flatly five feet, Lyrica is definitely one of those that get teased for being short for her age; thankfully, her weight of fifty-three kilograms doesn't add to the insulting part of her appearance. Aside from the noticeable 'lack of height', she is most often seen with her light icy-blue, past-shoulder-length hair in a messy state -- not to the point of being tangled here and there, yet it's obvious to everyone who takes a look at her that she doesn't brush her hair very much. That is true and is because this teenager thinks she looks better that way than being similar to the girls who obsess about their hair; she does give more attention to her full bangs, as they'd end up making her appear stupid if not taken care of. Lying a few inches below her full bangs, past the not-so-thick eyebrows, are her eyes that have irises colored in a tone that is somewhat darker than that of her hair. Her sense of sight is starting to get blurry and she would appreciate it if her future Pokemaster buys her glasses; she would have preferred contact lenses if only she wasn't so afraid of the possible blindness that they could cause. Then again, she can still see well, so she isn't too concerned about this… for now.

Nowadays, Lyrica typically wears clothes with any shade of blue, since she read in a random magazine that they help in making her feel relaxed. She isn't the type who follows fashion, thus her taste may come off as a little too simple -- she dons a semi-long-sleeved white shirt with deep sky blue horizontal lines and a pair of black denim shorts; as for footwear, it depends on her situation: when just travelling, Lyrica goes with flat open sandals, but if in a battle, she switches to doll shoes for the sake of her feet's protection. Sandals and shoes, they're both of the black hue, and whichever isn't currently used by her feet are kept inside a small rose pink backpack that she carries everywhere she may be.

Lastly, Lyrica has a silver necklace that has a pendant in the shape of a water droplet. She never takes it off, and should anything happen to it. Well. See below.

Elemental type: Fire/Ice

Personality: Lyrica's personality could be considered as weird, cliché, or unique -- it depends on how people think. Generally, she's hot-headed as well as impatient, but can be zealous about a thing or two... especially when it comes to those that involve a pen or pencil and a paper. She doesn't like waiting for too long and once her temper runs out for whatever reason, she'd go around showing her scowling face without caring what those around her might assume; she won't tolerate gossips, however, and will definitely not hesitate to snap at whoever's making one, which often gets her into trouble. Thankfully, Lyrica isn't a violent person -- she actually dislikes physical pain, and hating it is one of her passions (or so she claims); therefore, she'll try her best to control herself when it comes to hitting others out of anger. Now that the world has changed, she's merely preparing herself for whatever hurt she'll inflict and be inflicted with; due to her nature, Lyrica will most likely specialize in attacks under the special category -- she believes they aren't as painful as the ones in the 'opposing' class.

Thanks to her fiery temperament, Lyrica usually repels the people that try to approach her, thus making friends is quite a problem for her. She makes a sincere attempt to lessen her outbursts, but it's hard for her. A simple pet on the head is enough to calm her down, though, and if anyone manages to do that, then they can be rest assured that they have been automatically included into Lyrica's small circle of companions.

She does have a soft side, and it can only be seen when she's doing something that she really likes, especially when it's playing the piano. Whoever's with her will notice a bit of a drastic change in her attitude: the hyper, touchy Lyrica is momentarily replaced by a gentle Lyrica who wants nothing but to achieve her dream of becoming a professional pianist; she's also quite fond of drawing despite not being good at it and when speaking about her works, a tone of modesty is always present. She wishes to get better, yet given the current situation, she has presumed that she'll never be able to reach her goals. Still, that doesn't stop her from trying to improve whenever she gets the chance to do so.

From what was written above, it could be said that Lyrica isn't too bothered with the whole reversal stuff -- it's half-true: she's actually quite excited to know what type of element she'd possess as well as what she'd be able to do with them, like if she'll learn moves similar to those of the Pokemon or if they'll depend on her. She's hoping that it's the latter, as she wants to develop her creativity. Excitement aside, Lyrica is worried about being trapped inside a dimension of nothingness -- she is, after all, afraid of total darkness because it makes her feel like she's blind, which is her worst fear. To end up in the hands of the wrong Pokemaster would totally be disastrous for her.

Background Story/History: Like every other teenager that chose to be linked to Pokemon, Lyrica had a dream that was connected to those creatures -- a dream to be a Top Coordinator. She was native to Hearthome City, the place where the best ordinary Contests were held, or so she believes, and watching every competition from an early age made her want to be a contestant as well. Her mother supported it while her father wished for her to be a pianist like him. Because she wanted to make both of them proud, Lyrica decided to spend most of her childhood with learning to play the piano before venturing out; during those times, it became apparent that she inherited her paternal parent's skills, and she eventually enjoyed making music through the instrument's magical, melodic voice. That ignited the desire to be able to be as good as -- or maybe even better than -- her dad someday, but that didn't mean she lost sight of her first goal… well, not completely, to say the least.

She began on her Pokemon journey when she was about sixteen and a half, as she got a little too engrossed with her passion for music; given how soothing the piano is, it's unknown how Lyrica developed into the hothead that she is now. No one knew of the reason except for her: thanks to being surrounded by classical, sweet melody for almost all the time, she 'forgot' how it felt like to be angry. She probably wouldn't have started on her way to become a Top Coordinator if her mom didn't snap her out of the 'trance' that she was in for the past nine years; the necklace that she has now was given to her to serve as a reminder of what her primary objective was, and so that she wouldn't revert to the 'endlessly happy' person she used to be if ever she plays with the piano again or finds another passion. It came as a surprise when her father actually agreed with her maternal parent; she thought he'd contradict his wife again, yet he didn't. That was when she realized there was something wrong… with her. To straighten out things, Lyrica left home with a Glameow that was a sixteenth-birthday present from her father.

To say their Adventure Time was filled with lots of fights that were caused by the human's fiery personality that had been released ever since she was 'freed' is the wrong stuff to state; actually, the Glameow -- who was nicknamed Mittens -- helped in controlling Lyrica's temper. Imagine a cat petting a person -- that's how it went for them. Due to the amount of the Catty Pokemon's control, she turned pretty twisted and somehow manipulated her Trainer to get into fights with other people and Pokemon so that she'd have her all to herself. It took a while before Lyrica noticed it and when she finally did, it was too late: the Reversal had already taken place. She was lucky, nevertheless, that her Glameow wasn't fully corrupted and still had the heart to set her free.

Right now, Lyrica is torn between wanting to go back to her Glameow friend despite knowing how risky it is, and finding a new -- hopefully nicer, kinder -- Pokemaster.

RP Example: Taken from The Shattered Era. :3
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Please reserve me for Pokehuman. This looks like such...creativity that I cannot pass by. This is just amazing. I'll have it up by the end of today. Hopefully my character isn't too...different or odd. Tell me if I went overboard.

Name: Aurora Sonata

Wild Human or Pokemon: Pokemaster

Age in human years: 19

Appearance: She's like an average Gardevoir: green short hair, white body, good figure, slim, and everything. Although she carries a light grey one-strap bag to carry utilities and such.

Personality: Despite the hatred she gained from Humans and many of her kind, she's known to be one of the funniest, flexible around. She's one to joke, and actually enjoys pranking others. Able to enjoy the suffering of others, she's very cunning and agile. Thanks to her jester-personality, she bottles up all her emotions and always seems to have a sinister smile. Rarely do you see her in a negative mood, and if you do, you wont even realize it thanks to her strange smile. A master at lies, she has lost the ability to be honest to strangers due to the sudden shift of human to pokemon. Once she opens up to you however, she's very loyal and spills her secrets and true intentions out. She lives by the motto of "don't judge a book by it's cover."

Background Story/History: She started out as a Ralts, shy and weak. Raised along with her 8 brothers and sisters, she started to grow left out from how similar they all looked like. Not only that, but every single one of them except Aurora had some special talent to show her parents. Envied and eventually depressed, she ran away into the woods. There, she evolved into a Kirlia and started to learn tricks. Not too long after, she was a bit baffled by a traveling caravan. Pokemon of all shapes and colors she had never seen before traveled with in it as well. Amused by their talents, tricks, and performances, she decided to approach one of the human travelers and was accepted right away. It wasn't a mistake to join either. Days started to pass as she learned even more skills, abilities, and acrobatics. By the time she had evolved into a beautiful Gardevoir, she was quite famous among small villages for this performances. However, this all changed when the pokemon rebelled.

One day, the pokemon in the circus started to talk in a sinister tone about rebellion. She couldn't help but listen. It got so far that the circus' Mr. Mime asked if she would join in their rebellion. A bit shocked, she immediately refused and ran off the circus. Aurora loved to prank and mess with people's heads but...she had a thing with humans. They were different, and for some reason she could relate to them more than her kind. Hiding in the forests, she watched as pokemon started to rebel and overthrow the humans. Days turned into weeks, weeks into months, and she still can't believe the drastic change that had taken place to this world. One faithful day, she came across a battle between a human and a few pokemon. Not wanting to get caught, she hid among the shadows and watched as the brave human defeated pokemon after pokemon, not wanting to be taken away from the only freedom he had left. By the time he was finished, he was exhausted. She didn't hesitate to leap out of the shadows, front flipping and catching the gaze of the human boy. He threatened to take her life if she were to take his only freedom, but she could see he didn't have any strength left to show. Instead of capturing him or any of the sort, she started to play around with him. She showed him a few tricks, actually healed him, and at one point teased about using her "pokeball" on him, but of course she didn't capture or use it. After a few minutes of reading his mind, using psychic and confusion to make him float and move around, she let him go and just stood there. She missed playing around like she did in the circus, but obviously he was fighting for survival. She could hear the footsteps of other pokemasters coming closer. A bit reluctant to leave him, she told him mentally to go. Aurora didn't know if he understood her, but he left anyway. It was obvious he would; he didn't want others to come and find him in the condition he was.

A few more days passed as she watched humans being captured by others. It wasn't long until she bumped into another Pokemaster. He eyed her curiously, wondering why she didn't have a Pokehuman. She didn't want to say "because it's wrong and I can connect more with humans than pokemon," so she simply said, "Oh, um, you know life....these little critters are too fast!" The Pokemaster was easily convinced, telling her she needed one or else she could easily be defeated by others. A bit pressured, first thing that popped into her mind was that human from not too long ago.

RP Example: This is from Elite Army, by the way
    Spoiler:

Others: She's....afraid of heights.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    Reserving for a pokehuman, I should have my sign up ready by the end of the day. Also, How would the flying type work in this Rp?

Last edited:

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
    Years
  • Skittish and DannyBoy, you are both reserved (: Otherworld you are (of course) accepted!

Which means right now that the Pokehuman spots are now FULL.

Pokeman, I've seen your past SUs and I have to say that they're not long or detailed enough compared to the other RPers here. Are you perfectly sure that you'll be active here and that you'll post decent lengthen/detailed posts? I can't really afford to let this die. I've spent a lot of time on this.

Same question goes to everyone else xD Make sure you guys stay active :3 And remember not to post one-liners~

Oh and good question Danny. Flying will give your Pokehuman decent speed. Also as they progress throughout the RP they WILL be able to have flying abilities.

Last edited:

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    I'm just hoping that we'll start soon; by the way my RP is looking so far I may want to either start drinking or focus my time and energy into a different RP... and I don't very much like the idea of drinking

As much as I like to RP, and I suppose without tooting my own horn so much I can say that I'm good at it, but when it comes to RP ideas that I come up with they flop slow and painfully here XD

... so yeah I think I won't have too much problems with staying active on this RP TT w TT

|Equinox|

Years
  • I'm sorry to hear that Scarf >.< We just need two more Pokemasters.

Your 'Jack' thing at the RP Discussion thread was priceless though XD Anyway, if you have any good active RPers then do invite them in!

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    I get some funny ideas at times ;b

Though I don't know if I can do that; it looks like the friends I had aren't that active nowadays XD

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    I hope this starts soon, but I will be so mad if it starts on whatever day a week this June I am busy

|Equinox|

Years
  • I'll try not to start it on that day, Gen.

Well basically this RP will follow the Gym Route :3 And um Scarf any Pokemaster you wanna be with right now? So pairing won't have to be so frustrating

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Well I honestly had separate thoughts about starting at the camp, but long story short I can make it so my character winds up near it regardless. As for a Pokemaster, I would have to say Genevieve's Azula may be a good fit. I've kinda worked with her back in the day, and I can see her character working with mine well. Azula's desire to get revenge at first will balance out Haru's natural passiveness until she gets out of the idea, but that will be good because if left unchecked Haru may get chummy too soon and it'd be odd when everyone else is still in that love/hate phase and Haru's the only one trying to hold hands with his master skipping down the road whistling a merry tune... funny visual though XD

Also, it would be interesting and possibly dramatic to see Azula's coldness towards Haru's old Pokemon that you decide to throw their way. It'll help shake things up a bit.

|Equinox|

Years
  • but that will be good because if left unchecked Haru may get chummy too soon and it'd be odd when everyone else is still in that love/hate phase and Haru's the only one trying to hold hands with his master skipping down the road whistling a merry tune... funny visual though XD

I can imagine it now.... XD

But I'd expect everyone NOT to be so friendly so quickly. It would be even better if perhaps one team stays unfriendly to one another througout the entire Roleplay. What i'm trying to do is to just create different 'teams' with the current 5. One would be happy, one would be neutral etcetc.

Genevieve, what do you think about this? (:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    sure that works with me :3 It'll be pretty interesting seeing how Haru reacts to the way Azula acts.

and Azula will not like Haru's old Pokemon, she'll probably hate them more than others. And yeah Azula will eventually be nice to Haru but that probably won't happen for a long while, as in maybe the seventh gym if not the Pokemon League, but not to anyone else lol.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    I guess gym seven is as good as any place; may be a bit long, but I would assume certain parts may be faster/slower depending on the Pokehuman's typing. I'm also interested in seeing how Azula's competitive side will play out; so far it doesn't look like Haru is 100% capable of seeing her dream through. Granted that's the point at the beginning, but he's never been a champ.

Then again, I sometimes find it boring after a while when I see numerous "He/She's competed and won all the Leagues, Frontiers, and shook hands with each and every Legendary Pokemon out there" in everyone's SU's. I don't mean that offensively to those whom add those plot points, but sometimes it won't kill people to have a more modest history.

... eh, oh well. I should head off to bed now because I have a busy day tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be online in the morning but if not I'll be on later that night. 'Night all!

|Equinox|

Years
  • Well I'm proud to say that THIS Gym Journey would be hella different from the old ones. Really different even. I'm sure there'll be conflicts between the Pokemasters and Pokehumans, and that's a good thing.

I can't wait to get this startedddd but we still need 2 more.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    Name: Alyssa Hernandez

Wild Human or Pokémon: Human

Age in human years: 16

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Elemental type: Flying/water

Personality: Alyssa once had a happy-go-lucky attitude which helped her a lot when trying to deal with a loss, however it has since disappeared thanks to the recent events. She's now rather depressed & who wouldn't if the world was thrown into chaos. As a pacifist, she is very reluctant to fight instead preferring to escape from any enemy & being as agile as she is nearly guarantees escape. Alyssa hates this new way of life and dreams about how it once was. She's had to make a number of sacrifices to adapt to the new Sinnoh & thus will take any luxury with great gratitude. Alyssa doesn't like the idea of being captured; always trying to avoid it at all costs but how long can she keep it up for?

Background Story/History: Alyssa was once a very potent trainer, frequenting the Sinnoh Pokémon league very often. However she never made it past the qualifying rounds, peaking at the top 16. She didn't mind her failures at first, instead she thought about how they could win the following year. However, after losing for the 5th time in the Pokémon league she became disheartened & started to stray away from battling. Her Pokémon eventually lost respect for her & one by one, they started to abandon her, until she was finally left with a single Pokémon, her Gardevoir. However she too became fed up with her master, who had become nothing more than a depressed pacifist.

Then the Human Pokeball was created. The Pokémon started to rebel against their trainers in mass numbers, as Alyssa watched civilization start to crumble under her own two feet. A single idea popped into her head & without giving it a second thought, she ran straight out of Eterna city hoping that the madness wouldn't spread to the rest of Sinnoh. However after four days of travelling she arrived at a very changed Jubilife. Distraught, she attempted to travel through the city. In only a matter of hours she had drawn a crowd of at least 7 Pokémon, each one wanting to capture what would become their new pet. They were very persistent, staying on her tail for a few hours before she managed to escape into the wilderness of route 203…

Others: Alyssa has a huge fear of bugs..

BTW my time zone is GMT +12 & I won't be on during the weekdays until 3-4pm everyday. During the weekends I will be for any period of time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    Yay, can't wait to get started. On a side note how are battles going to work in this rp? Will they work similar to a normal pokemon battle or be vastly different?

|Equinox|

Years
  • Similar. You will know how Gym Battles would work once you get to the first gym, but I'll talk about the normal battles.

As I said in the OOC thread, Pokemasters CANNOT fight against other Pokehumans. They also cannot use their abilities to severely hurt anyone unless it is necessary (brink of death etc).

In normal battles (NPCs/PvP), the Pokemaster would be like the ordinary human being, standing behind and yelling out orders. They can also stay silent and let them human defend for himself as well, so it depends on the character. The humans will have to fight until one gets knocked out, exactly like Pokemon Battles.

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • sorry to here that they aren't good enough, but how long would be a decent length post, if it's over... 5 or 6 lines then I probably won't be able to do it.

Back