• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Revolution

Revolution

Da Bestest Pokemon Master
Years
  • Today I am releasing my site that i have been working on for sometime now, I would like comments and suggestions on everything. I also made the layout all divs so it loads really fast please tell me if it loads fast.
    www.pkmnrevolution.com

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Ah... That's what I call a good site. I have few things to tell you about the site. I'll give a good feedback. ^^

The site:

Your site's layout is awesome. It's all well placed and it makes the site fancier. The colour is good, even though you should have other kind of blue. You could try various kinds of blue like: Azure, Aquamarine, Ultramarine, Royal Blue, etc. Overall, the main page is good.

Instead of creating a new post on the same day, edit your post. You should include in your post's title " EDIT ". It will attract the viewer's attention. When you post a list or something else, be sure to have a description of what you posted. Also, I noticed that you include the information's source. That's really good!

For the games section, I would tell you to work on details. You should add way more information regarding the games. Specially Pokemon Diamond & Pearl since they are the lastest Pokemon Games for Nintendo DS. Also, you should add more screenshots in the sections. Some of the viewers don't even bother to read the information. [S-HIGHLIGHT]Screenshots are very important on a site.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

I hope that all I said didn't offend you. To tell the truth, I really, really, really like this site. Specially the main page. It's gorgeous. There are still few issues here and there but it's okay. They aren't that bad.
    ~
    I would like to tell you " keep your site alive! "

-I'll put this site in my Bookmarks-

Last edited:

Lord Kokkei

Whooplaz!!!
    Years
  • To Vavavoom:

1: If you read the text above the Charizard, which you probably didn't it ways "Pokemon of the Week". It's got nothing to do with the site's masgott whatsoever.

2: The news is an include code from PokeFeeds. Tyler's just being lazy XD.

3: This is not a positive comment. Do you know how long Tyler spent writing those? God, if no one ever read those pages, then what would be the point of writing them? Screenshots? Nobody ever learns how to EV train by looking at screenshots...

My comments to Tyler: The banner is excellent. The color of the Navbar heads and the actual nav bar are too close. The news head's kinda green. Doesn't fit in. Content wise it's good.

EDIT: https://www.pkmnrevolution.com/mech/ev.php

Green doesn't go well with such a bright blue...

EDIT2: I thought you were gonna release on Sept.1...

Last edited:

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
    Years
  • I haven't spent time in the Webbies spot for a long while now ^^

Anyways, nice site. Some things I've noticed:

- I don't like the shade of blue. I don't know why... but it seems... too bright? But it is a nice, clean, and organized layout.

However, the "Islanders" text goes off the banner, at least one Firefox.

It might also be a good idea to write the news up yourself. I dunno if you have plans to do so in the future, but, that's just what I've always felt a webmaster should do.

Other than that, you've got a fairly good amount of pages. You might wanna try adding some more info to your movie pages though. Like, more than just a synopsis. And I know I need to do the same on my website, but it's still something to keep in mind.

Nice site :)

BluePhoenix

http://www.pokefusion.com
    Years
  • Overall your site is good! It has a good amount of content/pages.

1: Your link to the "Base Set" in TCG Section, does not work when you click it. You have to remove the, ?id=
    I think the other ones are fine.

2: Like Saul said, the Network links, "Project Anti", is a bit out of the banner.

3: Also like Saul said, write a bigger synopsis and add some paras here and there, it looks kinda mashed up together.

4: You should have kept CuteNews. Why did you change? It was running perfectly...I don't like that fact that PokeFeeds puts, "[POKEFEEDS]" in every news title...Even thought they have a disclaimer at the bottom.

5: I think your mid section's (News section, content section, whatever you like to call it XD) color is too dark/bright...You might want to change that...

---
    That's all, it's a nice site, and it shows you have worked hard on it! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    To Vavavoom:

1: If you read the text above the Charizard, which you probably didn't it ways "Pokemon of the Week". It's got nothing to do with the site's masgott whatsoever.

2: The news is an include code from PokeFeeds. Tyler's just being lazy XD.

3: This is not a positive comment. Do you know how long Tyler spent writing those? God, if no one ever read those pages, then what would be the point of writing them? Screenshots? Nobody ever learns how to EV train by looking at screenshots...

My comments to Tyler: The banner is excellent. The color of the Navbar heads and the actual nav bar are too close. The news head's kinda green. Doesn't fit in. Content wise it's good.

EDIT: https://www.pkmnrevolution.com/mech/ev.php

Green doesn't go well with such a bright blue...

EDIT2: I thought you were gonna release on Sept.1...

Ah... Okay. ^^' My opinion has nothing to do with yours. So if your against it, that's your problem. All this is feedback. It's not a fight or something. No need to argue on this anymore.

Get feedback on it, talk about graphics, layouts, web hosting, etc.

Last edited:

Revolution

Years
  • Thanks everyone, some reason the Islanders thing and the links with it are all good on mine, maybe because i have a wide screen monitor, but idk. Otherwise, I'm cleaning a lot of the pages and making them better. Also Kokkei I figured that I'd just release the site already, because i was done with it. Also i work for PokeFeeds.

Years
  • Your site shows some true potential for sure.

1. The banner out does the whole layout.
    2. You may want to find a background image. Like a line drag or something.
    3. Find a better way to divide you games section. The centered-bold text doesn't look too great.

That's all I really see, layout issues. Once you find a way to make it flow smoothly it'll be all down hill [in a good way] from there. Nice job!

Revolution

Years
  • Thanks for all the great comments. I made a new layout out of tables with the old stuff since divs didnt work to well for what i needed them with. Also i made a Login System so you can join that. Not much right now but later im planning on letting the site use that for contests and other great things.

Revolution

Years
  • Sorry for this double post but I'm trying to get a Co-Webbie, i want one that will make pages and post news when they can. I'm also looking for staff members like News Writers, Game Experts and Anime Experts. If you would like to be my sites Co-Webmaster or Staff PM or email me at [email protected] .

Also, I closed the site for about a week just to fix a script that i made that is for the site, and get a New layout up.

~Tyler

Lord Kokkei

Whooplaz!!!
    Years
  • yay, the layout's not eye hurting anymore XD.
    there are still some stretching problems with Safari, but I'm sure you can fix it.
    Nicely done.

Revolution

Years
  • I have just reopened the site, so the layout is a lot better. I have coded a News System and a lot of other cool things. But please check it out.

Back