• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rise to Destiny

Should this game include wild pokemon. Even though you wont be able to capture them.

• No. Because I dont like them.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Okay. Since I am having trouble with battle backrounds and need blizzy to answer a question for me. I'll post a map of the Arcon Region. There is a key and I am only showing the map and locations but not naming them or saying what gym leader or anything like that. I want the game to be fun and challenging. Here is the map. It is pretty large but then again, it is going to be a pretty long game.

Oh, and I resixed the pokemon, so they look great now. I'll post as I said before some screens when I fix a battle backround problem, which aint a bug just a little problem.
    Well. Heres the map.

The squares are only important locations. there are going to be routes. You could consider most of the lines connecting to the boxes as routes .

Last edited:

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    this game looks great also this is the inside background that you have been asking for
    Pokemon Rise to Destiny

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Thanks but I already found backrounds.

What did you think of the map? Comments?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Okay. Here is the new and improved battle system. I know the pokemon are above the meu but for now thats the way its going to be unless I find a way to fix it. Anyway. Here are the pics of the new and improved battle system with resized pokemon.

I had an idea of moving the choice menu a little to the right, and the pokemon down. What do you guys think. Anyway, here are the screens, hope you like them and please post a comment.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Does anyone have a comment at all about the new battle system. I believe it looks better than the original one. I also posted up a map of the Arcon region you can see it at the first post as an attachment.

I am also beginning work on a new custom menu and a pokedex. Hopefully I could get them done for the first demo which will I have decided feature up to the second gym leader. It will be pretty long maybe an hour or two, or three(if your're really slow) to beat. You can save and all that, but for now you will only recieve certain pokemon. Like special ones, or if someone gives one to you, but thats about it. This isn't my final decision but for now this is going to be how its done.

The first recivable pokemon is Pinsir which yes will be able to, at some point in the game to evolve into a heracross.

I hope your're okay with this pokemon. I think it is one of the strongest if any the strongest bug pokemon. Hopefully you will support this idea.

Anyway, I will post some new screens and no way am I posting gym screens. The gyms are more tougher now then in the other games, and if i posted a screen you'd get through it so easily. I told you I was giving you a challenge.

Please post a comment, so I dont have to keep double posting and because I enjoy reading what you guys have to say.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    I've gotten the hp and pp bars working now. Below are some attached pics of what it looks like. Also I am now trying to create a sutscene for special battles. I'm still trying to get it to work, so when I do you could be sure I will post a pic. Below are the screens and PLEASE, PLEASE POST A COMMENTS ANYBODY. It is so annpying to have to post something up and no one has anything to say about it. So please post a comment.

By the way the bars do go down, they arent like little pictures. I just want everyone too know. lol

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    Nice screenshots, do you need any help with spriting, mapping, scripting?

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Not really. I plan on doing everything by myself. In the near future maybe I'll round up a few beta testers. We'll see how it turns out.

Anyway The battle system I can tell you right now is awesome. I love it, although I need to fix a small laging problem when I show, like people talking during the battle, messages, but that'll be easily fixed.

So far I can see a very good game in the near future and a possible demo as well. I got a little screen I want to show you of the little scene before a special battle.

Here it is. Hope you enjoy. And please tell me if I can fix anything or give opinions. I want to this the best pokemon game it could possibly be.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
    wow
    the battle system looks COOL!
    donno about the agath thing looks funny 2 me?

anyways theres something I noticed!
    the enemy pics looks wasted!

But the battle system looks very cool!

Good luck

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    what do you mean wasted? Anyway, this isn't the final cbs. It is what I've done so far and trust me it'll get much better in the near future.

MasaXGPMat

Super Transcedent Milenio
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    nice screenies keep up the good work btw whens the demo out

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    it should be out real soon. Maybe two weeks. When I get enough done to realease a demo. I still want to have a better battle system before I post anything. As yu can see your main pokemon are above the ground. I still need to fix that, and also moving the menu to the right all the way.

Those wont be hard to fix though. I also need to get up to the second gym so probably two weeks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Okay I fixed the pokemon problem. Now its time to fix the menu problem and I should be able to have it doen by today. Whcih also means that the demo may come earlier than expected. It looks so good. I am goin to show you a screen. Check it out. What do you think. Better than the other ones?

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Okay I fixed the pokemon problem. Now its time to fix the menu problem and I should be able to have it doen by today. Whcih also means that the demo may come earlier than expected. It looks so good. I am goin to show you a screen. Check it out. What do you think. Better than the other ones?

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey your game looks real good & original mines kinda identical to original although im mostly coming up with my own pokemon and moves and graphix and storyline and stuff... but my battle systems same as gameboy game.
    But nice screens.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Trust. Me when you play they'll look better. It looks fine, dont worry. Anyway, when I get the menu moved, I'll be done with the cbs for the demo and release it sooner than expected.

Waudby

This looks gr8 i hope u finish it cos it wud turn out extremely gd!! Wat can we all expect in the first demo?

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    You could expect alot in the first demo. Here is a list.

Title Screen
    Complete Intro
    Gender Choice(Each with preselected pokemon. For now)
    Wild Pokemon
    Challenging battles.
    1 1/2 hours to 2 1/2 hours of Gameplay
    A pokedex(which I plan on starting today.)
    Two Gyms (With gym leader battles)
    Lots of battles (that all work)
    A Menu
    Map (Hopefully, if I can find out how or if someone shows me how.)
    2 vs. 2 battles /Although your opponent can have one in some cases./

Those are basically the big things that will be in the demo. If I find anything else I'll post it. The first demo should be really enjoyable. I am planning a release in two weeks. This game gets very involved after the second gym leader is deafeated so once this demo is released ut'll be a while till the second comes out.

I think this game will be great. And I swear I will complete it. I swear. This will be a completed pokemon game. You can count on it.

Back