• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjazakku

New Trainer
    Years
    I need help with pokemon ruby. Ok do you know the Eletric gym leader? He's the old guy.... I think he's in Mauveville city... you know where you can buy a bike go to the arcade that place! He's the third gymleader and I can't beat him so I was wondering what's the best pokemon to use to beat him? Right now I got a Grovyle,Tailow(Well it just involed to that swan or what ever) and a Ziggzagoon. So I reallllly need some help pretty plz with pokemon on top...and with legendary pokemon? hehehehhehe so could you please help me?

Years
    I think it is best if you catch a roselia, that thing seemed to help me what level are youre current pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Grovyle should do fine. His electric attacks don't do much to it. If you're having problem winning using Grovyle, level it up a bit.

ninjazakku

New Trainer
    Years
    Pokmon levels:

Name:Grovyle
    Level: 27 or 28 (I can't remember)

Name:Tailow EDIT: It just envolved a few seconds ago

Name:Zigzagoon
    Level: 13

Name:Maquwita
    Level:10 or 11 (I can't remember)

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Shadow Scizor said:
    You need a Marshstomp or Aron. Use mud slap or mud throw.
    At least give him a logical suggestion. He picked Treecko as his starter. He's not going to be getting a Marshtomp any time soon.

ninjazakku said:
    Pokmon levels:

Like I said, Grovyle should do just fine by itself if it has a 4-5 level advantage. Just use attacks that are super effective or normal effective.

Bashaamo

Gimme some Tempura Udon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    ninjazakku said:
    Pokmon levels:

Name:Tailow EDIT: It just envolved a few seconds ago

Name:Zigzagoon
    Level: 13

Name:Maquwita
    Level:10 or 11 (I can't remember)
    Swellow (Taillow's Evolution) Is weak against Electric Types. Don't use it unless you're going to Level-up. Why do you have a Zigzagoon in your team? Fill your team up by catching more Pok?mon. Let's see... You already know Grovyle's weak against Electric-types unless you Level-up. If you chose Torchic this would be over a LONG time ago. You get a Makuhita. That's pretty good, but it isn't strong against Electric-Types, just normal against them. Also, get a Shroomish and evolve it to Breloom, it's a Fighting-type, and it's good against Electric-types. And, err... yeah, get a Geodude and evolve it to Graveler. And if you get and Electrike and evolve it to Manectric, it's an electric type but strong against its own type, same goes with Minun and Plusle. You can find them right above Mauville where the old lady stands and under the Bike Bridge/Route w/e.

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    blaziken77 said:
    Swellow (Taillow's Evolution) Is weak against Electric Types. Don't use it unless you're going to Level-up. Why do you have a Zigzagoon in your team? Fill your team up by catching more Pok?mon. Let's see... You already know Grovyle's weak against Electric-types unless you Level-up. If you chose Torchic this would be over a LONG time ago. You get a Makuhita. That's pretty good, but it isn't strong against Electric-Types, just normal against them. Also, get a Shroomish and evolve it to Breloom, it's a Fighting-type, and it's good against Electric-types. And, err... yeah, get a Geodude and evolve it to Graveler. And if you get and Electrike and evolve it to Manectric, it's an electric type but strong against its own type, same goes with Minun and Plusle. You can find them right above Mauville where the old lady stands and under the Bike Bridge/Route w/e.

He might have zigzagoon for pickup and makuhita is a fighting type which is strong against steel,but it needs to level up.Thats all I have to say.

ninjazakku

New Trainer
    Years
    HOW AM I SUPOST TO GET A CICKEN TAME TORCIHCK OR A hmmm... what is mudkip? HOW AM I SUPOST TO CATCH A CHICKEN NAMED TORCHICK AND A CAT NAMED MUDKIP!!!!!!!!!!! hmm.. YaY!!! My Ziggy involved!!!!!!!! Like ohh... hmm...6 hours ago...umm... Yay I can lock this thread now cuz all I have to do is train Maqawita and use whirlwind!!! Yay!!! umm.... there's a ity bitty problem now..... HOW DO I LOCK THREADS!

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    blaziken77 said:
    You already know Grovyle's weak against Electric-types unless you Level-up.
    o_O What? Grovyle is a grass type. Grass types are resistant against electric attacks.

ninjazakku said:
    now cuz all I have to do is train Maqawita and use whirlwind!!!
    And whirlwind will help you win? What logic is that?

Bashaamo

Gimme some Tempura Udon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Simon said:
    o_O What? Grovyle is a grass type. Grass types are resistant against electric attacks.

:D Yeah... I forgot about that... sorry... *sweatdrop* But still. Its attacks won't kill an electric type.
    Simon said:
    And whirlwind will help you win? What logic is that?
    HAH! You're right. I think he thinks that he could whirlwind the Pok?mon away, but you can't. It's A TRAINER BATTLE, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, A GYM LEADER BATTLE!!
    ninjazakku said:
    HOW AM I SUPOST TO GET A CICKEN TAME TORCIHCK OR A hmmm... what is mudkip? HOW AM I SUPOST TO CATCH A CHICKEN NAMED TORCHICK AND A CAT NAMED MUDKIP!!!!!!!!!!! hmm.. YaY!!! My Ziggy involved!!!!!!!! Like ohh... hmm...6 hours ago...umm... Yay I can lock this thread now cuz all I have to do is train Maqawita and use whirlwind!!! Yay!!! umm.... there's a ity bitty problem now..... HOW DO I LOCK THREADS!
    Look, I think this is just your 1st-2nd game or something? Torchic, is not a CHICKEN. It's Pok?mon, Mudkip isn't a cat, it's like a mud-fish thingy, I'm not sure and you can't catch them. They're STARTERS, like Treecko. Your Zigzagoon evolved? Now that makes it Linoone... Get HM06 Rock Smash at a Scientist's house in Mauville. He's across to the right of the Pok?Mart. Teach it to Linoone. And I guess that's all I could tell you.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    blaziken77 said:
    But still. Its attacks won't kill an electric type.
    Says who? So long as an attack does damage, it can kill. Grovyle is very capable of defeating the fat guy (I forgot his name...) by itself using Quick Attack and Absorb with the help of a Super Potion halfway through.

Years
    His name is Wattson I believe. I suggest just some more training in the grass areas before trying again, just so you don't lose anymore money then you already have. I'll send this over to GB strats so you can get some more help.
    ~MOVED~

Years
    Simon said:
    Says who? So long as an attack does damage, it can kill. Grovyle is very capable of defeating the fat guy (I forgot his name...) by itself using Quick Attack and Absorb with the help of a Super Potion halfway through.
    But almost all of his pokemon are STEEL/electric, and grass and normal don't affect STEEL much, therefore it'll take a long time for it to kill them. True, electric attacks may not do much to it, but it can be paralyzed and since it will take long to kill the steel types, you'll probably need more than 1 super potion unless you somehow manage to get it to a high level or evolve it. :confused: So, Ninjazakku, you should evolve Makuhita and get a Hariyama, because it's fighting attacks will do a lot more damage and it'll cost you less potions and time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back