• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon ruby Secret Power dude gone

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2016
    I was wandering around Ruby in a new play through when I remembered about the Secret Power TM. I went back to that tree on route 111 where the dude should be, but he wasn't there. I checked my bag and I didn't have it, and none of my Pokemon had learned it. Does anyone know where I can find Secret Power or how I get the dude to appear there? Thanks.

Years
    Congratulations, your Pokémon Ruby version has become the meta-game. Perhaps you wish to replace it with 'Body Slam' in such an event as that actually coming to pass. Secret Power was, of course, an interesting attempt at reviving some fairly obscure status effects, and along with Castform had some amount of synergy in the game which was fairly interesting, and might have been worth looking further into. There's probably some fairly fun teams in there, with their own mode and interest. It also has a certain level of interest because, like Hidden Power, it is pretty much not used in certain forms of battle, although in any case this is here explicitly by design, rather than perhaps less explicitly so.

If you really want, you can probably pick it up from Slateport, assuming that you haven't used it yet. If it's not there yet, then you can be fairly certain that the trainer has not yet been met, and hence has not disappeared for that reason. Otherwise, it seems a bit strange that he hasn't appeared yet in your game, at least so far in your playthrough, perhaps he really has opted to follow the smell of adventure and depart from your path. I'm not sure if this is a known bug, anyone heard of such?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Essentially what illumine said in fewer words: check Slateport. There's a shop vendor that sells both Hidden Power and Secret Power. If he's not there, try talking to people and then return to where the man should be. There should be at least one person talking about Secret Power, and talking to them might cause the guy who gives it to you to appear.

Years
    Essentially what illumine said in fewer words: check Slateport. There's a shop vendor that sells both Hidden Power and Secret Power. If he's not there, try talking to people and then return to where the man should be. There should be at least one person talking about Secret Power, and talking to them might cause the guy who gives it to you to appear.
    Well, I mean, it's not that much shorter than that section. You might instead call it an expansion. It fits with the gen...

Oh, and ni.

Back