• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rusty II

When would you like the game to be released?

• Total voters
    Years
    dude people arent homophobic, its just people in different areas have different words and vocab. no person talks the same as the next. the way one might say gay, another might say bad and another could say stinks. its all just our different vocabs. but yeh he could of ment it in a homophobic way, but who knows. just dont jump to conclusions.

Years
    alright everyone! lets not turn this into a big fight about vocabularies and derogitory terms. everyone has their own opinions, respect that!

no more discussion about that now.

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
    Hey meerkat, I found some hidden abuse in your game,

lol

don't worry, Im not going to steal anything from it though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2005
    i downloaded the demo and got the error 'can't open file vehicle' what do i do?

Years
    i have not stolen anything! i have used other people's charasets in my game but not claimed credit for them.
    lt. surge, i don't exactly know what your talking about.. hidden abuse? would that be the occasional swear word here and there?

your not going to steal any of it? any of what?

I made the hiro charaset (well, modified if you want to be picky)

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
    Krazy_Meerkat said:
    i have not stolen anything! i have used other people's charasets in my game but not claimed credit for them.
    lt. surge, i don't exactly know what your talking about.. hidden abuse? would that be the occasional swear word here and there?

your not going to steal any of it? any of what?

I made the hiro charaset (well, modified if you want to be picky)

Does this ring any bells:

(this quote is taken from your game)
    Hey mother *******
    How Are you reading this
    lil *******

Years
    only did that cuz i was bored. there is no way to get to it other than opening it with rm2k.

never tell me that i have stolen anything when i havent

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    awkwardsilencer said:
    who cares lol, people swear all the time, maybe its good you put that in to show that pokemon isnt just for kids.
    ... and there's tons of little kids who are perverted, and tons of adults don't swear... how does swearing prove a game being for kids only or not? If people are willing to judge after researching about something, they'll know from the carefully planned mechanics of the Pokemon game that the game is for kids and adults.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Simple, frostweaver. It's not so complicated. It has to do with game ratings. The ESRB (www.esrb.org) rates each game based on things such as language, sexual themes, etc. It goes from Early Childhood, to Everyone, to Teen, to Mature, to Adults Only. A game with mild language still falls under the category of Everyone, but language such as what Meerkat used would earn it a spot in Teen, or even Mature based on how much of it there is. Little kids don't buy M games because they're not allowed; they buy EC and E games. Therefore, EC and E games are kids games, although older people may play them. The fact that there is swearing instantly makes it not a kids game, because it no longer will fall under the kid-safe rating.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    (Sorry to go off-topic but)

Those are safety ratings so that parents will know what are the contents within the games... And include swears/sexual themes will instantly make a game prove itself that "it's not just for kids?" A joke... I lost track of how many little kids in elementarys playing GTA3 (a game that I hate absolutely with all my heart). If others do not understand the Pokemon game and refuse to play it because it's "childish", let them think that way then as they'll be missing out. But why should we degrade our own morality values just to get a higher rating? It's the content and quality of a game that will determine if a lot of people will play it or not...

(back on topic)

Really... seems like close to no one thought of a way to repulicate the battle system in Pokemon yet for RM2K(3). So without working out the mysteries of the battle system, how will this project or any others ever be finished?

Years
    hehe, battle system's back in my hands now. lots and LOTS of work will be done now :D *has waited so long to work on it again*
    Frostweaver, whether you think it will be done or not is one thing, but whether it will be done or not is another. I have alot of faith in this and to have it completed would be the most wonderfull thing in the world. I don't think any of us that are working on the game plan to not use a pokemon-based battle system. I can't wait to share our battle system with everyone else that needs to use it. :) i have to go shortly, bye

Back