• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Season One Favorites

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    I've just started watching pokemon season one and i just wondered what everyone thought about it. just say anything like your favorite episode in the season, your favorite pokemon, favorite character, favorite gym battle, favorite town, anything you want!
    Here are a few of my favorites:
    . Favorite episode- the one where are the clefairys build a space ship
    . favorite gym battle- thunder badge
    . favorite character- pikachu

Jebel35

Legendary Seeker
    Years
    I couldn't stand the episode with the clefairys, I didn't like the geeky little scientist guy, can't remember his name.
    My favourites would have to be "Here comes the Squirtle Squad!" orrrrr "The Tower of Terror" (where Ash first meets the Haunter he uses to battle Sabrina)

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    I couldn't stand the episode with the clefairys, I didn't like the geeky little scientist guy, can't remember his name.
    My favourites would have to be "Here comes the Squirtle Squad!" orrrrr "The Tower of Terror" (where Ash first meets the Haunter he uses to battle Sabrina)

I just like the episode with the clefairys because the scientist is such an idiot and then because of clefairy and jigglypuff's little brawl
    the tower of terror is really funny too
    i also like the episode where pikachu and Ash are training with the police pokemon (the growlithes)

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I've been rewatching series 1 recently because I've got it all on DVD now! Anyway, random things I noticed:

- Fillers usually have more story
    - Team Rocket seem to take up more time here than Sinnoh (do they actually? They're more annoying here, anyway)
    - It's not this region that holes and Team Rocket go together...maybe Orange Islands or Johto?
    - Misty never gets a serious battle because of Psyduck
    - Goldeen is non-existant
    - Staru/Starmie and Horsee and Pidgeotto are practically non-existant (unless Team Rocket are around...)
    - Brock's fancing every girl thing is funny because he doesn't go crazy everytime.
    - The only gyms Ash actually earns badges in is the 3rd and 7th gym. The 3rd is the only good gym battle. I rewatched Charizard vs Magmar and thought it was alright, not great. The 5th gym only gets 30 SECONDS of battle time. What...
    - Ash has the craziest (which was actually serious) idea he's ever had - make Pikachu into a police dog
    - 4Kids kept small bits of Japanese text in (random episodes I can remember) Go West, Young Meowth (Meowth dancing around with letters behind him...I suppose they couldn't edit moving text) and The Ultimate Test (the days of the week on a poster) and there were other times, too
    - However, 4Kids usually did extremly bad edits done on computers, which you could tell from a mile away. I mean, it would actually stand out. Me and my sister had fun picking out 4Kids edits...

Best episodes:

Electric Shock Showdown
    The Ghost at Maiden's Peak
    The Ultimate Test
    The Breeding Centre Secret
    Holy Matrimony!
    Go West, Young Meowth

Worst episodes:

Clefairy and the Moonstone (BORING.)
    Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village
    Hypno's Naptime
    So Near, Yet So Farfetch'd
    Beach Blank-Out Blastoise

Episodes that are EXACTLY the same

- Tentacool and Tentracruel
    - Dig Those Diglett

They have exactly the same plot, people are destroying the Pokemon's habitat, even the "you get free hotel tickets if you help!" part o.O

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    I listed some more things

.lamest gym battle- soul badge
    .funniest gym battle-rainbow badge
    .most intense gym battle- thunder badge (the most awesome gym battle ever)
    .lamest thing on the show- team rocket's disguises lol
    .weirdest episode- the one with the boy and the kangkaskhan
    . awesome pokemon- pidgeot, pikachu, tauros, bulbasaur, charizard, nidorino, many others

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Soul Badge battle was okay, charmander K0'ed golbat too quickly though

My fav gm batle in season 1 is definietely the thunder badge battle. That's also porbbly my fav episode, cuz Misty actually identifies TR with disguises, Pikachu owns a Raichu, and Nurse Joy completely owns Ash and Misty XD

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
    I know! This guy was so annoying. And his name was Seymour. He was so annoying! Couldn't stand that darn episode.

I've been recently watching the first season as well.
    • Favorite Episode: The Tower of Terror
    • Favorite Gym Battle: VS. Lt. Surge
    • Favorite Pokemon: Raichu
    • Funniest Thing: Gengar, Haunter and Ghastly in The Tower of Terror. They were pretty funny.
    • Most Annoying Episode: Clefairy and the Moon Stone
    • Most Annoying Character: Seymour! *grrrr* DIE!

Twero

ii'
    Years
    My favorite Season is the 9th. The battle were awsome and a exciting history.
    My favorite episode... hm...
    Maybe the battle against Brandom in the Final. A really cool battle.
    And when Anabel appears and the couple of episodes in Great Festival in Kanto.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I've just got up to the part where Ash loses the league and wow, Team Rocket are REALLY annoying! They wouldn't leave Ash alone! At all! I've never been more annoyed with them

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    I've just got up to the part where Ash loses the league and wow, Team Rocket are REALLY annoying! They wouldn't leave Ash alone! At all! I've never been more annoyed with them

gosh, i know what you mean
    i've also noticed that team rocket was a little bit more demon in season one than any other season. in the other seasons they show their soft side a little more.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    Season one pwns the other seasons!! =p
    LOL, favourite episode would be uhh when ash taught Pikachu wanted to stay with its own kind... What was it called again? Goodbye pikachu? Pikachu party? Anyways, i actually cried watching that episode... Duh, i was like what? 7 or 8?
    Favourite gym battle would be the earth badge battle, when Giovanni left his gym and put Jessie and James in charged of his gym... Also the spoiler for Mewtwo.
    Favourite character is Togepi!! Its freakishly super cute!! Too bad it evolved and left...
    Most intense gym battle is the volcano badge battle... Charizard vs Magmar! Super awesome episode!

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Season one pwns the other seasons!! =p
    LOL, favourite episode would be uhh when ash taught Pikachu wanted to stay with its own kind... What was it called again? Goodbye pikachu? Pikachu party? Anyways, i actually cried watching that episode... Duh, i was like what? 7 or 8?
    lol i remember that episode. I cried too (when i was little) i also cried when butterfree left
    some people were talking about boring episodes earlier. well i think one of the most boring episodes in the season is when the gang runs into that ghost who thinks Brock is her missing love or something. Man I almost fell asleep watching that.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    some people were talking about boring episodes earlier. well i think one of the most boring episodes in the season is when the gang runs into that ghost who thinks Brock is her missing love or something. Man I almost fell asleep watching that.
    LOL! Is it the one with the Gastly? That episode is not bad actually... I mean its the first time i saw the combination of Venusaur and Blastoise! Venustoise!! Remember that??
    To me the episode that made me yawn to death was when Ash and the gang was in Mount Moon... Nothing much in that episode... BORING!!!

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Favourite character is Togepi!! Its freakishly super cute!! Too bad it evolved and left...

Too bad it did nothing :/ I really noticed how it was just...an inanimate object o.O

lol i remember that episode. I cried too (when i was little) i also cried when butterfree left

Are you talking about The Ghost of Maiden's Peak!? I LOVE that episode! It's so funny!

Years
    Favorite part: It had Verionica Taylor as Ash instead of this new girl.
    Favorite character: Ash
    Favorite Episode: the episode with the guy who looked like Trunks (DBZ) with a mustache who surfed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2010
    I haven't any episodes since the Johto season, but the first episode will always be one of my favorites. I remember being really young when I first saw it and being awed by the inclusion of Ho-oh. When I started playing the games, I was disappointed that this rainbow bird Pokemon wasn't in it so I searched the web until I found info about it on some half-translated Japanese website. Ho-oh kept me eager for Pokemon Gold/Silver and got me into the TV series.

Back