• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihaveaquestion

idonthaveaquestion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2008
    which pokemon sex do u think is better... male or female??? give specific reasons why and explain please... because i can't decide...

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    was it an issue in G/S/C? because some people claimed it made a difference.. this also could've been one of the myths of course for stat difference when EV wasnt known yet..

by the way; welcome back ;), great first thread.. the title..

ihaveaquestion

idonthaveaquestion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2008
    thanx for the welcome back...

but i think i prefer males/nonsex pokemon just because i like blue instead of red

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    It depends, some Pokemon just don't look right to me unless they're a certain gender (Gardevoir, Lopunny, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee come to mind right off the top of my head). Other than that, I don't really care.

MasterBalls

Banned
    Years
    I believe that male pokemon are a lot better because...

1. They can breed with ditto to make the same pokemon so the female isn't needed.
    2. They can pass on pokemon moves.
    3. I like blue better than red.
    4. I'm a guy.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Me being a girl everyone expects me to choose the sex female being the best but I'm not like that. the best sex is male because the father passes down HM's and TM's

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

MasterBalls

Banned
    Years
    Does that mean that if you attach an item to the pokemon, it can reproduce it?

If I wanted to teach Stone Edge to more than one pokemon, could i just give it to a male and hatch an egg?

Can you do this with masterballs?

Years
    Male. For breeding reasons, like everyone said. and because with the new picture differences the bigger horn/fin/whatever looks so much better.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Does that mean that if you attach an item to the pokemon, it can reproduce it?

If I wanted to teach Stone Edge to more than one pokemon, could i just give it to a male and hatch an egg?

Can you do this with masterballs?
    No, you teach the father the TM/HM and if the pokemon that is bred can learn those moves it will be born with them, not the items.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Some Pokemon just look a certain gender. I kept getting Ralts that were the right nature, but male, when I was trying to raise a Gardevoir, but I persevered enough to hatch a female Ralts with the same nature. Took almost a day.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Pokemon Sex

... yes please!

For the longest time I thought that males had higher Attack and Defense, whilst females had higher Special Attack and Special Defense. I was waaaay wrong!

I do agree that some look a certain gender... I mean, a female Machamp? If that is a girl, it must've been beaten with an ugly stick. And a male Gardevoir? Maybe just a flamboyant.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    ... yes please!

For the longest time I thought that males had higher Attack and Defense, whilst females had higher Special Attack and Special Defense. I was waaaay wrong!

I do agree that some look a certain gender... I mean, a female Machamp? If that is a girl, it must've been beaten with an ugly stick. And a male Gardevoir? Maybe just a flamboyant.
    And Lopunny, come on!It can be male but it's totally HOT!

*Kisses Lopunny plush*

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    Here is another question. Never mind which gender is better I'm wondering what gender is more common. If I'm going to use a gender-specific attack, I'm going to want it on a pokemon gender opposite of the masses.

Richard

Wildlife Warrior
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    When it comes to Pokemon like Zangoose and Lopunny, I go with female. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back