• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Shining Orbs

Which name is better?

• Total voters

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
I am back guys! I need a mod to do 2 things to this thread.
1. Change it's name into "Pokemon Shining Orbs"
2. Move it into the showcase.
Also, feel free to PM/VM me, believe me, I forgived everyone who spammed me, Like Neo-Spriteman, Evil Arms, Conception, except KingCharizard. Cause he told me that I am a pig headed. Also, Thank you for reading my journal at DeviantArt and Watching my videos at YouTube. If you want to follow me at dA or YouTube, See the links at my signature.

Y'know, there are certain rules for going into the Showcase, right?

An introduction to your project.
Your thread must open with a concise introduction to the project, including things such as why you started developing the project. This introduction does not include the plot - they are two separate things.

The plot.
You must include a minimum of three paragraphs (15 lines) of plot for your project.

Screenshots/videos.
You must include at least twelve in-game screenshots in your thread - maps, title screens, and game over screens do not count toward this. You may also include videos in your thread if you prefer.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Well, its is by far the worst game i've seen on PC to date, and i've seen some pretty bad games.. every single screen you showed here is horrible... no, just no.. you seem like a damn little kid who's arrogant and has no reason to be..

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Well, its is by far the worst game i've seen on PC to date, and i've seen some pretty bad games.. every single screen you showed here is horrible... no, just no.. you seem like a damn little kid who's arrogant and has no reason to be..

That was extremely mean. You don't help people by telling them their game is horrible. You give them criticism. And I suppose I'd be considered a "damn little kid" because I'm only 13. Think about what you say before you go trolling and yelling a kids over the internet. What's wrong with you... Bully...

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
I am sick of you, KingCharizard. If you game develop, show us your progress, you are the WORSE graphic editor EVER! And your avvie is too boring, also, you can't make a sig like me, You must be kicked out of Game Development. And no, you are not the worse graphic editor, you are the WORSE USER AT PC, Others say Good Luck, and trying to help me, and you, Mr. Graphic Editor, say: omg thes gaem saucks et es teh wawrs gaem aever. Also, your not helping us, and calling me at my PPSK thread "pig headed" You are a big pig headed, also I am not gonna forgive you, You called me a stupid guy, and spammed all of my projects. UN-GOOD LUCK then, KingSpaghetti.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
I am sick of you, KingCharizard. If you game develop, show us your progress, you are the WORSE graphic editor EVER! And your avvie is too boring, also, you can't make a sig like me, You must be kicked out of Game Development. And no, you are not the worse graphic editor, you are the WORSE USER AT PC, Others say Good Luck, and trying to help me, and you, Mr. Graphic Editor, say: omg thes gaem saucks et es teh wawrs gaem aever. Also, your not helping us, and calling me at my PPSK thread "pig headed" You are a big pig headed, also I am not gonna forgive you, You called me a stupid guy, and spammed all of my projects. UN-GOOD LUCK then, KingSpaghetti.

Lmao, you know I actually liked this reply ^^^, you'll see my project soon enough, but i can assure you when you do it will be completed, and most people here probably wont play it because their stuck on B&W features/look and i dont blame them the game is impressive... But back on topic... You want critics why this game is... well.... bad.... I'll tell you then, your maps are bland, dry, too open and poorly tiled, your graphics are at best basic. your story isn't even your own, your doing absolutely nothing for this project but a little but of spriting, so should a thread been posted? no, How it got approved is beyond me.. buy any how good luck with this...

That was extremely mean. You don't help people by telling them their game is horrible. You give them criticism. And I suppose I'd be considered a "damn little kid" because I'm only 13. Think about what you say before you go trolling and yelling a kids over the internet. What's wrong with you... Bully...

No you wouldnt be because your not acting like snivy are you... I called him a Damn little kid because thats how he acts... Trolling? Funny, I have about 800 posts, and most of them are helpful, its hard to give criticism on such a horrible project...

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Okay you guys. Let's give AND take criticism in a mature, polite manner. There's no reason to tell someone they have the worst game ever. And there's no reason to say you're sick of someone. If you don't like the tone of someone's post, report it and let us, the staff, take care of it. If I see any more posts in this thread where people are arguing about stuff, I'm going to close it for a period of time to let everyone calm down. Got it?

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Lmao, you know I actually liked this reply ^^^, you'll see my project soon enough, but i can assure you when you do it will be completed, and most people here probably wont play it because their stuck on B&W features/look and i dont blame them the game is impressive... But back on topic... You want critics why this game is... well.... bad.... I'll tell you then, your maps are bland, dry, too open and poorly tiled, your graphics are at best basic. your story isn't even your own, your doing absolutely nothing for this project but a little but of spriting, so should a thread been posted? no, How it got approved is beyond me.. buy any how good luck with this...

No you wouldnt be because your not acting like snivy are you... I called him a Damn little kid because thats how he acts... Trolling? Funny, I have about 800 posts, and most of them are helpful, its hard to give criticism on such a horrible project...
Enough dude hes a newbie so he will get time to become normal,
you shouldn't brag him like that calling him **headed or some thing like that it's useless you get banned not him, because you bragged over him...
let him know every thing, it takes time.

TheMarkCrafter

Years
Guyss...

I have updated the thread, made it CSS (css is not by ~jv~), I am training at CSS, made the thread look official. And that time, I added a video category at Media Category, also I will update the screenshots.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
What is with the "u mad" and the part after that on the first post? I did not get it? As for your video, why does everything look so... swirly?

The story isn't bad, I see it's a continuation of N from B/W, makes sense. The introduction is weird though, it does not sound like Pokemon. I didn't know people went to school in Pokemon. Why don't we watch Ash in school then?

TheMarkCrafter

Years
What is with the "u mad" and the part after that on the first post? I did not get it? As for your video, why does everything look so... swirly?

The story isn't bad, I see it's a continuation of N from B/W, makes sense. The introduction is weird though, it does not sound like Pokemon. I didn't know people went to school in Pokemon. Why don't we watch Ash in school then?
First of all, HI DASPIRIT FROM DA!!!
Okay, now lets explain, hmm.. "u mad?" was just a thing like a story or plot..
And, for the video. Because I made the mode like Diamond/Pearl

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016

well actually, in the pokemon books, ash goes toschool. they just edited that out when they made the show, just like they edited out how he really got pikachu.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
First of all, HI DASPIRIT FROM DA!!!
Okay, now lets explain, hmm.. "u mad?" was just a thing like a story or plot..
And, for the video. Because I made the mode like Diamond/Pearl

Yeah, I've had a Pokecommunity account for like 4 years now and go on almost daily, I just don't post much. I still fail to see the relevance of the "u mad" part. Does it have anything to do with the story? If so, then you should edit it into the story section. If not, I think you should remove it, because it is very random and confusing.

As for that mode, It doesn't look too good. I think D/P still used real 3D for the overworld. That mode only angles everything based on the player. It would make sense if you put the other walls for the building and that they get more visible depending on the angle of the building.

Cool website, by the way. The banner on the top that shows trees, you should edit that to show Pokemon instead.

TheMarkCrafter

Years
Yeah, I've had a Pokecommunity account for like 4 years now and go on almost daily, I just don't post much. I still fail to see the relevance of the "u mad" part. Does it have anything to do with the story? If so, then you should edit it into the story section. If not, I think you should remove it, because it is very random and confusing.

As for that mode, It doesn't look too good. I think D/P still used real 3D for the overworld. That mode only angles everything based on the player. It would make sense if you put the other walls for the building and that they get more visible depending on the angle of the building.

Cool website, by the way. The banner on the top that shows trees, you should edit that to show Pokemon instead.

Thanks.
-----------------------------------------------------
Anyways, A Shiny banner is coming.

Minezumi

ミネズミ
Years
Doing my sectional rating system for this.

The Game 4/5

I respect the choice of starters, but a tad bit overused, correct?

U mad? 2/5

Eh? That was confusing...

wut? 1/5

Nice to know... Not that important, though...

Introduction 4/5

I love it. Elaynii put a lot of effort into this. Only thing I find
wrong with it is that the video bears no resemblance to this...

Story 3/5

Needs to be written better. Snivy, you sure you can do all that?

Screenshots 3/5

This is where I say no. The graphics are horrible and look like
you spent 15 minutes on it n MS paint. The rooms are still way
too spaced out. The scripts arent modified at all. The systems are
all the basic ones from Venom's kit. Your outdoor mapping is very
bland. The trees are also cut off. I lost to give you something?
No, I forgot to give you something.

Video 3/5

Why is Mom humping the counter..?

Total: 20/35, or a 60% D.

You need to work on this. A lot.

TheMarkCrafter

Years
Guys, I am sorry for the 1-day offline. And, Neo-Spriteman is my mapper.

Last edited:

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
You'd be better off reporting your own post, then telling them you want the thread name changed. Because, if I recall, both Yuoaman and Cilerba are on a brief leave.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
This actually looks quite good! I do agree with Minezumi's post about the whole overview of the game however. Your video is alright, but the music actually... destroyed my ears, I'm listening through headphones but I'm using a HD Audio Program which increases volume significantly so I'm not really in any position to criticize you for that. Either way it's a good idea and I'll be keeping a close eye on this one, I wish I could offer you some help, but I'm working on some projects of my own over the summer.

TheMarkCrafter

Years
This actually looks quite good! I do agree with Minezumi's post about the whole overview of the game however. Your video is alright, but the music actually... destroyed my ears, I'm listening through headphones but I'm using a HD Audio Program which increases volume significantly so I'm not really in any position to criticize you for that. Either way it's a good idea and I'll be keeping a close eye on this one, I wish I could offer you some help, but I'm working on some projects of my own over the summer.
Thank you! I know why the music is DAT ANNOYING! Don't worry, Minezumi will give me some new music.
------------------------
EDIT: Edited the main thread.

Sorry for the double post, but why nobody will comment?

Last edited:
Back