• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Pokemon Shiny Badge Quest

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 11, 2023
    Pokemon Shiny Badge Quest

The Challenge:
    This challenge essentially, is before every gym battle you must find and capture a shiny.

Rules:
    1. Before every gym battle/trial, you must encounter and catch a shiny Pokemon. You may use any methods you want to achieve this.

2. Hacked in Shiny Pokemon do not count towards the challenge.

3. If you catch a shiny Pokemon from another game, you can trade it in, but it doesn't count towards the challenge.

4. By the end of the game you should have at least 8 shiny Pokemon.

5. You can catch non-shiny Pokemon, but they are not to be used in battle, only for HMS.

6. Please Update after every gym.

Standard Completion
    GSC: Beat Lance a first time.
    RSE: Beat Steven the first time
    FRLG: Beat rival (champion) at E4
    DPPt.: Beat Cynthia the first time
    HGSS: Beat lance the first time
    BW: Beat N at the E4
    B2W2: Beat iris the first time
    XY: Beat diantha a first time
    ORAS: Beat Steven a first time.
    SM: Beat Kukui a first time at E4

Extra Challenge
    Challenge 1 extra shiny pokemon for each Elite Four Member and Champion.

Mega Completion
    1. Complete Shiny Badge quest once in each 6 generations (You cannot get shiny pokemon in Gen 1)
    2. If playing B2W2, Play in Challenge mode
    3. Only Random Encounter (Hard, AmIRite)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • sure, i'll bite. i'm already kind of doing this since this was my plan upon restarting heartgold recently. don't expect updates too often, of course... :) lol

user: sydian
    game: heartgold

currently SRing for a shiny starter; i don't have a goal in mind, just whoever shines first.

Years
    • Age 20
    • Seen Oct 14, 2021
    I shall enter:
    User: initialshock
    Game: OR
    I really wanna do a SBQ but I feel like I need something to hold me accountable :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Doing it
    User: Pumpkaboo92 (Game name Princess)
    Game: Polished Crystal, it's a rom hack that is gen 2 styled after heartgold soulsilver, has shinies.

RebeccaRain43

Dark Queen
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her/Her's
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    User: RebeccaRain43
    Game: FireRed

Sounds like a nightmare I love it

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Spr_HGSS_Kimono_Girl.png

shiny hunter ellie | badges: 0

155.png

coriander lv. 9 / 1900 soft resets
    blaze / relaxed
    tackle / leer / smokescreen

we were greeted by shiny cyndaquil at a crisp 1900 resets. i had been hunting for spinarak the past week, but realized there's a better area for that later, so i'm just going to get ready for falkner and move on to another hunt. i've been dual hunting on other games as well, so guess we'll see how that goes. i think i might lose my patience trying to hunt in one game at a time, but i know they only count in the challenge for this game i signed up with. but man it moves slow lol.​

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 11, 2023
    Well! A few years after I posted this idea I see it caught on fire!

Oh wait

But wait! Tonight I started a new save file and less then a hour later.

Let's go!

Attachments

• B52B0583-99B1-4403-A38B-41EFC3B6C813.jpeg
      B52B0583-99B1-4403-A38B-41EFC3B6C813.jpeg
      2.3 MB · Views: 6

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • oh wow aha. so like. i still shiny hunt this file but i've been very slow. i ended up staying on route 32 bc i wanted anything but a rattata. i found two of them, both under odds, but i didn't count. then i found a bellsprout, also under odds, but not counted. i completely forgot i ever had posted to this thread for this run. i don't have a fancy update, but the fact i'm still playing this is funny haha. i also hunt Very slowly, so like. the under odds is nice, but the fact i only shiny hunt when i feel like it which isn't Always often. lol

Back