• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon show silly questions

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    So I used to watch Pokemon back as a kid and basically stopped about Ash got to the Indigo Plateau in Kanto and lost to that other kid who had a pikachu because Charizard wouldn't listen to him and then went on to the Orange League. That was WAY!!! back then. I've kind of seen a couple of the newer generation episodes, but they don't interest me as much. A couple questions I have are:

1. How will the anime end? Everytime a new game comes out, Ash seems to move on to the next region without "completeing" the current one. I think the only region he managed to beat was in the Orange League where he beat Drake and "won" the league. In the later episodes, does Ash win any more leagues? If Ash just keeps on moving along, will this anime ever have a true conclusion? Any thoughts on how the anime will eventually end (pokemon master of all regions..haha)?

2. How do the regions work? So you have Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, etc. Are these places like different continents that Ash has to travel to i.e. North American and Europe? Or is it smaller stuff like going from one country to the next one?

I was thinking about this a lot yesterday, so if anyone can help me here, that would be awesome! I'll try to think up more questions too..haha.

Years
    1. How will the anime end? Everytime a new game comes out, Ash seems to move on to the next region without "completeing" the current one. I think the only region he managed to beat was in the Orange League where he beat Drake and "won" the league. In the later episodes, does Ash win any more leagues? If Ash just keeps on moving along, will this anime ever have a true conclusion? Any thoughts on how the anime will eventually end (pokemon master of all regions..haha)?
    We don't know how the anime will end. Ash hasn't won anymore leagues, but he did beat the Battle Frontier (7 extremely powerful trainers.) and was offered a spot as a Frontier Brain (A member of the Battle Frontier), but declined. The anime will end when Pokemon ends, I don't think Ash is going anywhere for a long time.

2. How do the regions work? So you have Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, etc. Are these places like different continents that Ash has to travel to i.e. North American and Europe? Or is it smaller stuff like going from one country to the next one?
    It's even smaller than countries. It is assumed that Pokemon regions are based on areas in real-life Japan, the hints the anime gives (IE: Hoenn is southwest of Kanto, Sinnoh is north) supports this.

Spoiler:

Ignore the Sevii Islands, Ash hasn't been there. He is heading to Isshu though, which is assumed to be based on New York. That's quite a distance if you ask me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    The game locations in the anime are similar to what they are in the games. Kanto and Johto are connected by land, I think Ash even just walked to Johto.

Hoenn is far away, as is Sinnoh. I think Ash took a boat to get to both areas (and May took a boat to get to Sinnoh when she participated in a Contest). Isshu is presumed to be just as far as Hoenn and Sinnoh is, if not farther.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    Ah neat. Thanks for that map diagram too! I might just watch that Battle Frontier arc since it sounds pretty good.

Even though no one knows how the anime will end, is there any spectulation about how it though? I keep on thinking about it, but can't think of anything that would be a fitting ending to the series.

Also, does the battling in the anime have very little to do with the level of the pokemon? I would think that pikachu is at a "high level" but seems to lose to random pokemon (Gary's Electivire). I find it hard to believe that Gary is so much better trainer than Ash that he could easily take out Pikachu because Ash did win at the Johto league against Gary (I think..)

Thanks

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    No one has any idea on how it will end. It's all just guessing so whatever you think is just about as good as anyone else's idea. My guess would be that Ash finally becomes a Pokémon Master.

The are no levels in the animé. Just because Ash beat Gary in the Johto league doesn't mean that he will defeat him in every battle.

Back