• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Silica

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    This is just an idea I've had for a while now, and I've finally decided to give it a try. For those who do not understand the title of the game, I'll elaborate... This is to be a hack of Pokemon Crystal (The best Pokemon game), and crystal is defined as 'the transparent form of crystallized quartz.' But I knew that quartz had already been used in a previous hack, so I decided to go further. Quartz is defined as 'a very hard mineral composed of silica'. So then came about Pokemon Silica.

As I've mentioned the game is a hack of Crystal version. Following is the basic info.

STORY

After the basic intro sequence, where you name yourself and state the time, you are awakened by a call from downstairs. When you go downstairs your mother will tell you that today is the day you begin your journey, and follow in your fathers footsteps, your father is the Hero of Johto, the one who, 20 years ago thwarted Team Rocket and brought peace to the region.

After you arrive at the lab you find that Prof. Elm is there (the son of the Prof. Elm from the original game). You then get the choice between the three Johto starters, after you choose a boy and girl step in and demand what belongs to the Corporation. They then take the remaining two Pokemon, the girl takes the Pokemon who has a type advantage over you, and the boy takes one whom you have a type advantage over. They then reveal their names are Agent X an Agent Y, they tell you to remember their names.

After they leave Prof. Elm asks you to report the theft to the Police, who have an outpost outside of Cherrygrove City.

Please rate my story, there is more, though I don't want to reveal more at the moment.

Also, could you recommend the best tools to use for hacking Crystal, most tools on this forum are for R/S/E or FR/LG.

Col~

Effeler
    Years
    i know that this is the scraps board,
    and that you just post ideas here
    (mine is Pokemon Gamma Project)
    but it would help if you had put up
    some screenies.

just advice.
    check out my thread for Pokemon
    Gamma Project.

Cerebrawl

g/s/c ROM Hacker
    Years
    Yeah, the point of the scrap box is to throw ideas around before you start you're hack. I understand and respect that you don't want to give away much of the story, but from what you have told us here there seems to be very little deviance from the original story, as well as being sort of generic. Maybe just a little further into the plot because from the little you have told us it's a little hard to give decent feedback

-Cez

EDIT:Good work on hack a second generation game, there needs to be more of us

Back