• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Sky Blue

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    this isn't 'hacking'. this game is being made from scratch using the sphere engine.

Waudby

I've decided to come up with a completely new story line, one that adds a more filled in background to the game, one which has a past.

It will feature, a good introduction to the past history of the new region, and later on in the game it will further develop on this history.

I am trying to get away from the usual, go around and get some badges and beat the elite four idea.

So what I have decided to do is make it so that you raise pokemon, and do alot of travelling, while you can also battle the gym leaders etc, there is also a good plot to follow.

It will start off something like this....

"A long time ago, when humans first started befriending Pokemon, a tool was developed which would give the user complete control over any Pokemon they desire.

For a long time, people believed this tool to be a myth, however, recently a group of Pokemon researchers found what they believed to be the ancient ruins of the Sky Temple, a mythical place which was written about in old stories.

The Sky Temple legend says that "Any trainer who can conquer the perils of the temple, will face the ultimate test, and if they succeed in passing the final test, they will be honoured by all Pokemon."

This made the Pokemon researchers believe this was the first step to discovering the ancient tool.

Whilst you are at home one afternoon, you see a Television show about the new discovery. This imediately captures your interest.

As it was only 3 days before you were able to gain you Pokemon Trainer License, you decided that you want to help find out more about the mythical 'tool' and set off around the region of Everglade.

What do people think to the new story line ideas? If anyone has any suggestions on how I could make it better, or extras bit they think should be put in.

This is only a brief outline of the storyline, I plan to make it quite an in depth and capturing story.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    i like it. so it'll be like, when you reach the sky temple (is it located in the sky? or on the groun?) you have to solve puzzles and after you solve a puzzle you battle a pokemon then when you reach the center you have to battle a legendary pokemon or something. thay'd be pretty cool.

Waudby

The Sky Temple is floating in the air. It is being held in the air, by the powerful minds of the worlds strongest physic Pokemon, who have been there for thousands of years.

These physic Pokemon will also play a big part of the story. As before you can reach the Temple, a rich investor, pays to go there, and takes away the Sky Temple's physic pokemon and it begins to fall.

And guess what.... you have to stop iut from fallign to the ground by defeating all of the capturers.

Waudby

Since there ha sbeen no screenshots lately. I thought I would post one of the day and night system I am workign on.

Its a lil more advanced than just putting a colour over the top as i have different tiles for the lights in the windows etc.

What do you guys think?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    It looks a little more like fog than darkness, maybe you could make it a little heavier. I really like what you have done with the lights though. And I may be mistaken but that looks like the entrance to Mt. Moon to me. Are you already working on Kanto or are you working on each region at the same time?

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    yeh i agree, it looks a lot like fog or mist or something. make it more bluish or something. it looks nice though, with the lighting and all.
    that is defiantly mt moon. :D

Waudby

I have alot of kanto already mapped, as well as hoenn and johto so I'm kinda, mapping them all as I go along.

It was only a test colour for darkness just to see about the light.

I'm gonna make it more of a bluish colour, and it will also vary through the night.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    wicked. and i think the windows should be a yellow color. for the light. that would be dandy.

Waudby

And a severe computer error causing me to lose everything. I decided to rescript some sections which were done really really badly lol.

Now with some help from legaia, i have a near fully working pokemon slection screen, with the ability to swap the pokemon around. My next move will be to do the summary screen.

Then I will rescript everything else. I just want to sort out my pokemon systems.

Heres some screens :)

If you look closely at the last screenshot you will notice a some pokemon have moved.

All these pokemon and levels were generated randomly so don't say anyting about that lol.

What does everyone think?

Waudby

After losing all my maps and everything.

I've decided to re-do this game with the new dp graphics. :)

heres a screeny;

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I like the D/P graphics, however you might consider editing them a little to make them your own, it would give a more unique look to the game. However I look forward to seeng Jhoto in a 3-d style.

Waudby

New bark town, the route after that, not sure what its called atm lol, cherrygrove city and the route after that have all been mapped already.

So more screenshots wen im next free to work on the game more.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    where did you found the D/P tiles please i need them for my game :(.... and the screeni looks nice :D

wish you luck with your game :)

Legaia

Ultimate Sphere User
    Years
  • I'm definately liking the d/p graphics. How exactly were you able to rip them though? I didn't think there were any roms available...

Back