• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Snap WiiWare Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
Years
  • [FONT=&quot]
    Credit goes to Negative-Zero for the awesome banner!​

[FONT=&quot]Welcome to the Pokemon Snap Competition Event!!!

[/FONT]
    Current Status
    Judging Period (Winners will be posted tonight.)

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]What Is This?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Pokemon Snap Photography Contest is just what it sounds like. Here, you will have the change to show off your camera skills by sending me your best picture. Winners will receive an emblem to show the whole world (or at least, the whole forum) their accomplishments. Sound good? Then, let's get started. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What Can I Do?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This event will consist of two contests: the photography contest and a storytelling contest. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Photography Contest[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Photography Contest consists of you taking your very best picture and having it judged by your fellow PC'ers. We are going to have no more than 5 judges. You score will be determined with a formula that I am not going to disclose at the time. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]NOTE: When sending in your image to me, please include the score that you recieve from Professor Oak and the Pokemon that the photo is focused on (if it's not that obvious). [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Storytelling Contest[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]So, you tried the Photography Contest, but now, you want something more to do. Well, this contest is just for you! Here, you will do more than just taking a photo; you have to take a series of photos and create a story for it! Feel free to edit the photos as you please. Add speech bubbles, props, whatever you want! Just make a story that we all will enjoy![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Any Rules To Follow?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Of course! A few ground rules that you should be sure to follow:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]You may participate in one contest, or even both contests; however, you will only win in one.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Please keep everything appropriate. Nothing over PG-13, please.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Follow the PokeCommunity Rules and Guidelines. If you know its not allowed, then don't do it here.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]All entries must be submitted by the date specified. No late entries![/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Otherwise, have fun. We look forward to your entries.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]How Can I Enter?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Well, that part's easy. There are two ways that you can enter:[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]Send the picture to me using the Wii Message Board. I will take care of things from there and upload it to the forums. For obvious reasons, this won't work for the Storytelling Contest. You can check your Instructions Manual for instructions on posting images. PM me with your Wii Friend Code number so that I can register you into my Address Book and you can do the same.[/FONT]
    2. [FONT=&quot] If you are uncomfortable giving out your Wii Friend Code, or you are participating in the Storytelling Contest, then you should use this method. Open up Pokemon Snap. Then, go to Gallery > Enlarge > and Press L. From there, take a picture with a camera. [/FONT]

What's In It For Me?
    [FONT=&quot]Well, the joy of having fun with your fellow PC members, of course. However, if that's not enough, then there's more. Each member who participates will get this nifty little emblem.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]There will also be emblems given out for winners of each contest.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Schedule[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Day 1 - Photography Contest Entries accepted.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Day 2 - Storytelling Contest entries accepted. Photography Contest Entries put up for voting.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Day 3 - Storytelling Contest entries put up for voting. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Day 4 - Winners posted. Awards given out.

Staff[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Host: Negative-Zero and rockman0

Staff Supervisor: bobandbill

Judges:

If you would like to be a judge, send me a PM. Of course, if you are a judge, you are disqualified from competing. :)

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]So, that's all you need to know. Dust those cameras off and starting taking those pictures! We look forward to seeing your entries!

Entries
    Shadowyxz
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    Spoiler:

The Wave
    Spoiler:

Two entries! Look for winners to be posted tonight!

Last edited:

Shadowyxz

Insert title here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    ill enter :D
    heres my pic
    Spoiler:

i got 8290 points for it

Last edited:

Shadowyxz

Insert title here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    I cant believe noone entered :O.
    not much of a victory if youre the only person

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    No worries, your saviour is here! (lol not really)

Perhaps a bit late, but here's my entry anyway. It's in the attachments. ^_^;

I got 3500 points for it. I guess I wasn't a great photographer. :P

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • Congratulations to the Winners!

1st Place in the Photography Contest goes to:
    Shadowyxz

Emblems won:

2nd Place in the Photography Contest goes to:
    The Wave

Emblems won:

Thanks for participating. Not as many entries as I would have liked, and no one entered the Storytelling Contest, which I was looking forward to. :(

Plus, you missed out on Negative-Zero's awesome emblem:

It was still a good competition and the entries were awesome, both of them. :laugh:

Hurry and get your questions/comments in. Thread's gonna be closed later today. See ya next year! (Maybe >.>)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back