• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Soul

Years

Pokemon Soul

Hey everyone. This is my first official fan game. Since I was younger I've attempted at making a Pokemon fan game. First messing around a bit with the rom hacking and having absolutely no idea what I was doing. But now that I've matured and spent time learning the RPG Maker XP program I'm ready to post about my upcoming game Pokemon Soul. The intro, and story to this game have gone through so many phases, and rehauls since the idea came to me. Now I'm finally able to post about it here.

Pokemon Soul

The Region
    In the Remora Region the Champion, Elite Four, and Gym leaders are chosen through a tournament held once every 10 years. Once the strongest of the trainers are chosen the locations of each gym is chosen by the Elites. A group of retired champions traveled to the Remora region together 45 years ago to challenge the league. Since those days, trainers that completed their region's league challenges all travel to the Remora Region to challenge this league. With every coming year the competition throughout the region has become tougher and tougher to the point that people now refer to it as the Region of Champions.

The Story
    5 years after the previous Champions tournament, the current 8 gym leaders start disappearing one by one. This sends both the elites and the traveling trainers into a panic. At the same time a young trainer, and his rival (who both completed the Hoenn League) moved to Beica Town in the Remora Region to attempt the hardest league challenge in the Pokemon World. So many mysteries await them during the travels throughout the Region of Champions.​

Features to be included
    • 8 main story gyms, and 8 Post game gyms
    • Gen 7 Pokemon
    • Branching story
    • Challenge Modes
    • Champion's Tournament Participation
    • And more

Features Wish List
    (Features I would like to include, but aren't a priority)​
    • New Megas
    • Battle Frontier
    • New Legendaries

The full list of features will be posted when they are all 100% done and implemented (don't want to promise something and not be able to complete it)​

Pokemon Soul

Story
    Spoiler:

Scripting
    Spoiler:

Spriting
    Spoiler:

Mapping
    Spoiler:
    .​

Pokemon Soul

Gameplay
    Spoiler:

Towns
    If you have any criticism on these maps, please feel free to comment them. I'm constantly trying to improve with this game. I want it to be as great as it can be.
    Spoiler:

Routes
    Spoiler:

Dungeons (Caves, Forests, etc.)
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Soul
    Currently I'm working by myself. I've done most of what's within my ability. I'm not a great writer, I'm not great at creating custom sprites, nor can I do anything with tiles. So I'm looking to recruit some talent to help me work on this game. I want to preface this by saying I will NOT abandon this project and all I ask is that you be like minded. And inspired to help create something with me.

Spriter
    Spoiler:

Artist
    Spoiler:

Writer
    Spoiler:

If you're interested in working with me you can PM me on here, or add me on discord Zay#1061
    Other positions might be needed as the game progresses. Will post here as the development moves forward.​

Scripts/Scripting
    Spoiler:

Sprites
    Spoiler:

Tiles
    Spoiler:

Graphics/UI
    Spoiler:

Other
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back