• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon SoulSilver Team ; 6 Hours Gameplay!

Kinggex

Poke-Manic.
Years
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    Here it is:

Poliwhirl : Level 30
    Surf
    Strength
    Bubblebeam
    Body Slam

Togepi : Level 14
    Sweet Kiss
    Charm
    Extrasensory
    Metronome

Quilava : Level 30
    Cut
    Fire Blast
    Flame Wheel
    Ember

Red GYARADOS
    Bite
    Dragon Rage
    Twister
    Hyper Beam

4 Gym Badges.

HM'S Gained:
    Cut
    Surf
    Strength
    Rock Smash

Rate or Hate?

HunterX101

Always Up for an IV battle
    Years
  • You should have a crappy pokemon to teach you HM's to. Like geodude or something.
    Also you should include further info such as nature's...
    Oh and if the togepi evolves you will have an extreme electric weakness.
    and get rid of Cut on the quilava

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • Gyarados' final moveset should be something like the following:
    - Ice Fang
    - Bite
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall

First use Dragon Dance, then do whatever. That'll make for a pretty unstoppable Gyarados.

Why Strength on Poliwhirl? Or Cut on Quilava? Surf on Poliwhirl I can understand, however. Ever think of using HM slaves? Those are Pokemon that can learn 2-4 HMs and are used purely for moves outside of battle. For example, I use a Nincada on Emerald with Cut and Flash. I don't use it in battle, but I do use it in the field for Cut and Flash.

Using HM slaves frees up spaces for better moves on your main team.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    you have too many of the same type of move, quilava doesnt need fire blast, flame wheel, and ember

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It's hard to really tell you anything when you're not getting ready for the Pokemon League or something, but I'll try to help any way I can.

Poliwhirl : Level 30
    Surf
    Strength
    Bubblebeam
    Body Slam

Why do you have two water types? Anyway, Surf is fine I guess. It's better to have on Poli than Gyara imo. But what are you evolving it into? That's the question. I like Politoed just cause it's cute, but you might consider Poliwhirl because it's a fighting type. Can't help you much with this one til it's evolved.

Togepi : Level 14
    Sweet Kiss
    Charm
    Extrasensory
    Metronome

It's already underleveled. If you're not gonna bother with the little guy anymore, just ditch it. If I were you, I'd keep it and trade a Shiny Stone before the League and get a moveset like Air Slash/Aura Sphere/Roost/Nasty Plot. I think Nasty Plot has to be bred for though, so maybe Thunder Wave or Fly. It's only in-game, so not too much strategy is needed. If you can't get Togekiss right now and keep it a Togetic, Fly/Extrasensory/Ancient Power/Wish. I can't remember if Wish is learned via level up though. :<

Quilava : Level 30
    Cut
    Fire Blast
    Flame Wheel
    Ember

Sweet Jesus. Take a load off the poor little guy. Say good bye to Ember at least. Delete Cut when you get to Blackthorn...that's just ridiculous. Say hello to Earthquake when you pick it up in Victory Road. I can understand having Flame Wheel and Fire Blast, but Ember? No. Personally, I would ditch Fire Blast. It's powerful, but inaccurate and not the best for wild encounters because of the low PP. Try something like Flamethrower and that way you won't have to worry about keeping Flame Wheel and you can have more in your set. Rollout+Defense Curl combo isn't too terrible of an idea either. Another alternative to Cut could be Swift. Always hits, ya know. And Typhlosion has a good sp. att.

Red GYARADOS
    Bite
    Dragon Rage
    Twister
    Hyper Beam

o lol. This isn't generation I. Hyper Beam on Gyarados is about as useful as Ice Beam on Rhydon, maybe a little more just cause Rhydon's sp. att. is that bad. But still. For Gyarados, you definitely wanna end up with Waterfall/Dragon Dance/Bite (or Earthquake for Electric types)/Ice Fang.

Hope I helped a little bit.

Back