• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Soulstones [POSTGAME RELEASED]

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2022
    Hi there!
    Thanks for the great review. I'm glad you're enjoying the game. Regarding revamping the overworld graphics, a lot of the Gen 3 assets come from other games that I've credited such as Reborn and Rejuvenation. I have been making some revisions for special areas, but for the most part they are assets I have borrowed. I wouldn't be looking to update this game to Gen 4 style as that's a pervasive thing that you can't do to just one area without looking out of place. Part of the things I want to go back to improve upon later is to revise the look of some of the early game areas all the way up to Treetop Village as those are some of the very first maps I created. I've since learned a lot more and the quality of them definitely has gotten better over time. Unfortunately, if people only want to play Gen 4 games and not Gen 3 games I will lose them as an audience. If this wasn't the point of your feedback and I misunderstood what you were suggesting I amend, please let me know?

2. I believe one of my mods, Angie, in the post above, responded to this. The wiki has basically almost fully developed by one player that started doing it by himself single-handedly (a few others have helped too here and there) so I have him to thank for the status of where the wiki is right now. When I am finished building the post-game, I plan to continue updating the wiki, but it's only to the point that it is right now because of the generosity of some players :) ! If you are stuck though, feel free to join the Discord as I only check the PC post periodically.

Thanks!
    - Jos

Hey Jos, thanks for your prompt reply!

For the overworld graphics, I just mentioned that so you may consider it in any new games you develop. Revamping can be an option if little effort is needed (which I assume is not the case) but is definitely not necessary. I was indeed saying that if people prefer better graphics they may move to other games. Just mentioned this point cuz this game should get more popular and that is probably a reason I could think of. For me it is not a big deal, especially with all the positives I have mentioned in my previous post.

Looking forward to any updates on the post-game!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi Angie, nice to know the Wiki is IP. Is there a way I can contribute? For example the page about Epoch Gengar, it cannot learn Thunderbolt (by level up or TM) as the Wiki page currently suggested.

Hi Shagust,

I suggest joining the discord as we have a small group of people updating the wiki. It is currently not locked down to allow people to edit it as they run into small inconsistencies such as the E. Gengar Thunderbolt inconsistency. The most current information is available via .txt documents posted on the discord that show everything from detailed TM compatibility to movesets to TM locations, so that way you have a reference point for what actually is official.

Further, if you want to be a person that makes a bunch of contributions, I would definitely like to recognize you in the discord and in the credits of the game for helping make the game a success so strongly encourage you to join. We're a small but growing community of active users so the more the merrier :) !

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2022
    Hi Shagust,

I suggest joining the discord as we have a small group of people updating the wiki. It is currently not locked down to allow people to edit it as they run into small inconsistencies such as the E. Gengar Thunderbolt inconsistency. The most current information is available via .txt documents posted on the discord that show everything from detailed TM compatibility to movesets to TM locations, so that way you have a reference point for what actually is official.

Further, if you want to be a person that makes a bunch of contributions, I would definitely like to recognize you in the discord and in the credits of the game for helping make the game a success so strongly encourage you to join. We're a small but growing community of active users so the more the merrier :) !

sure thing, I'll see what I can do :)

Tenshi333

I love Fairy Tail and Fairy types
    Years
  • Hi Angie, nice to know the Wiki is IP. Is there a way I can contribute? For example the page about Epoch Gengar, it cannot learn Thunderbolt (by level up or TM) as the Wiki page currently suggested.

You actually can. You can create an account on the Wikia site and change the information there yourself, but it'd be better if you check the info throughly with the Discord. Sometimes what happens is that we decide to change a Pokemon's info and the Wiki gets a bit delayed when compared, so making sure you're changing it correctly is a priority.

Years
  • Props to you! This games goes on the top tier list side by side with pokemon Uranium for me. It was by far one of the most interesting stories i had played you managed to make it like a single player game but with pokemon. The flow of the story was really good, even without gyms the goals you had for the next towns made it very interesting, i didn't miss the gyms at all. All the Epoch versions looked awesome! (except for seel). The house of the old people complaining was a highlight,10/10 i laughed so hard one that one x'D.
    Have you ever read "the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy? Breloom 9000 reminded me of the robot in that book (Marvin). I loved the interactions with it.
    Looking forward to the post game content! Keep up the good work.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    I'm thinking of playing this game, sounds really interesting... My question is... Is the music for the game original? I'm kind of tired of hearing the same ol' same ol'. I think the music makes the game more interesting along with new regions and new Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Props to you! This games goes on the top tier list side by side with pokemon Uranium for me. It was by far one of the most interesting stories i had played you managed to make it like a single player game but with pokemon. The flow of the story was really good, even without gyms the goals you had for the next towns made it very interesting, i didn't miss the gyms at all. All the Epoch versions looked awesome! (except for seel). The house of the old people complaining was a highlight,10/10 i laughed so hard one that one x'D.
    Have you ever read "the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy? Breloom 9000 reminded me of the robot in that book (Marvin). I loved the interactions with it.
    Looking forward to the post game content! Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you liked the game. At some point, I plan to go back to update the sprites of the less interesting regional variants and improve them as some were my very early works. It's an ongoing work in progress as I get better and better at sprite art. I haven't ever watched/read the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy but I am aware of the pop culture reference. Breloom 9000 just happened to be a small easter egg I threw in but it wasn't designed after any one particular robot personality in mind.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm thinking of playing this game, sounds really interesting... My question is... Is the music for the game original? I'm kind of tired of hearing the same ol' same ol'. I think the music makes the game more interesting along with new regions and new Pokemon.

The music is unique in that it is not from the canon games, however, there are a lot of assets that are borrowed (with permission) from the Reborn/Rejuvenation teams, so the theme music is kind of unique in that regard, but not if you've played those games before. There is some other music that are from other popular games (especially Blizzard franchises) that are all credited. I've tried to make sure the mood and ambience is well-reflected throughout the game so I do encourage you to give my game a try!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    The music is unique in that it is not from the canon games, however, there are a lot of assets that are borrowed (with permission) from the Reborn/Rejuvenation teams, so the theme music is kind of unique in that regard, but not if you've played those games before. There is some other music that are from other popular games (especially Blizzard franchises) that are all credited. I've tried to make sure the mood and ambience is well-reflected throughout the game so I do encourage you to give my game a try!

Thanks for the reply! Will give it a go.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Curious, can we get a shiny when picking our starter, or is it locked to regular sprite?

You can get a shiny, yes. In general, shiny rates are greatly improved with 1/100 chance so you shouldn't have to re-roll too much to get your team to be shiny. There are a number of quality of life NPCs splashed throughout the game to turn your team into the best it can be (nature, IV, EVs etc.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2021
    You can get a shiny, yes. In general, shiny rates are greatly improved with 1/100 chance so you shouldn't have to re-roll too much to get your team to be shiny. There are a number of quality of life NPCs splashed throughout the game to turn your team into the best it can be (nature, IV, EVs etc.)

ya I realized the sprite (when naming the starter) doesnt show it as shiny... I wish I knew that much earlier... I rerolled for like 4 hours before i said screw it... and when i went to check its stats I found out I had a shiny lmao.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2023
    Anyone ever tried this with joiplay? I'd love to play it on my way to work.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Joiplay is not officially supported but there are a few players that have joined the Discord that have managed to successfully play this using Joiplay and have not reported any issues. If you encounter any bugs though, I would be hard-pressed to assist because I don't know how to resolve issues that crop up on when played on phone.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2023
    Joiplay is not officially supported but there are a few players that have joined the Discord that have managed to successfully play this using Joiplay and have not reported any issues. If you encounter any bugs though, I would be hard-pressed to assist because I don't know how to resolve issues that crop up on when played on phone.

Thanks for the quick response man. Alright. I'll just join the discord and ask around. Looking forward to playing your game man!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Do you have permission to use Pokemon Reborn's music?

Okay, no response in a prompt time; I'll be deleting this until further notice and letting the Reborn devs know.

Yup. GlitchXCity assets are free to use, as are Reborn assets. I mention them in the credits and indicate that they are a big source of inspiration. Hope that helps clear up any concern of yours?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2022
    Yeah, I also did this wonderful thing called reading, and it helped a lot. I deleted the original post, 'cause I was a Coalossal b-word, but, thanks for clearing it up.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi everyone!

I am pleased to announce the release of the first major Pokemon Soulstones Content Patch: v1.5!

This patch features among several other changes
    - 85 NEW Epoch Mons!
    - NEW ZONES: Amity Coast, Oceanview City, Route 117 and Mt. Diadem are now available to access!
    - Implemented a text skip feature. Simply hold down the "F" key on your keyboard to speed up through certain cutscenes. Note that this might result in some odd results with pathing on events which look funny because they were created without the text skip feature in mind. :star: :star:
    - Almost every boss team that had monotype teams have been changed
    - The Move Reminder will now also be able to teach your Pokemon egg moves.

Please refer to the main post on page one for the latest changelog and download links. Enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    The audio does not work on the joiplay app, im not sure if this is the case for everyone or if it is just happening to me but I play games like these on my phone which is an android A51, so if you could help me out with this; that would be great

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    The audio does not work on the joiplay app, im not sure if this is the case for everyone or if it is just happening to me but I play games like these on my phone which is an android A51, so if you could help me out with this; that would be great

I tried playing Pokémon Essential games on Joiplay too and I cant hear the audio also. I don't know how to fix it, but im pretty sure most games including this one doesnt have support for Joiplay, maybe try joining the Discord and asking there? iirc there are a few people who play using Joiplay on the Discord..

Back