• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special RAWS

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    So, I live near Mitsuwa Marketplace in Edgewater, New Jersey (read: 1 town away, 10 minute bus ride), which contains a Sanseido bookstore - where, I might add, RAW volumes of Pokemon Special can be purchased within 1 day of the release of a volume in Japan (trust me. I've tried).

I have volumes 29-31 with me at home (poor high school student can only afford one volume at a time).

As I am NOT Japanese, I wanted to see who would be interested to work with me in a future scanlating project. As in, scanners, cleaners, and most importantly, translators. Since we all know the depth to the poorness in how the Pokemon community handles its best manga, Pokemon Special, I'm ambitious in that I want to create a new era for the D/P/Pt arc of our favorite manga.

And I checked, asking for help for something that could be a completely separate project is completely within the rules of the forum. 8D

kazukiPP

Manga Fan
    Years
  • I´m a great Editor of manga scans, that project interest me a lot.
    Count on me =D

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2010
    Why don't multiple people who know a little bit of Japanese get together with dictionaries or whatever and try to translate it?

It would be a great opportunity to not only expand the Pokemon Scanlating fanbase, but to also learn Japanese!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    That's a lot easier said than done. I can speak Japanese just a little bit (but enough to get me by at the bookstore), but the idea of translating an entire volume (considering I would need hiragana charts) with such limited knowledge of the language is DAUNTING.

BTW, I will not provide my raws if I can't get at least a team together, because then I'll feel like I'll have been doing all that work of buying volumes and scanning them for naught. =/

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • Well, my Japanese is in similar situation as Aestivate's. Of course, I can read Kana fully. Also, the Kanji doesn't scare me. I can read a quite bunch of them (and when I can't, I have the JWPCE dictionary). But that's not enough to translate the entire volume especially considering that I suck in Japanese grammar. I know basic particles and stuff but the word-endings in Hiragana are mostly ununderstandable to me.

But still, I would like the scans of Volumes 30 and 31. I will try to do something with them.

Not to mention that it's very hard to find a translator here, so I suggest publishing RAWs, if they're the best that we can have.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    Well, Pokespe is written almost completely in hiragana (and the Kanji has furigana attached to it) so deciphering kanji not the biggest issue.
    Just, accuracy in translations in general, and level of prowess of translations, e.g. Dia and Pearl's manzai routines.

I COULD take the time and scan the raws, but not until after AP's/SAT's are over.
    Again, the woes of being a high school student.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • Well, Pokespe is written almost completely in hiragana (and the Kanji has furigana attached to it) so deciphering kanji not the biggest issue.
    Just, accuracy in translations in general, and level of prowess of translations, e.g. Dia and Pearl's manzai routines.

I COULD take the time and scan the raws, but not until after AP's/SAT's are over.
    Again, the woes of being a high school student.

OMG. Exams suck.

But it's of course understandable. We'll wait.

I just hope you don't disappear somewhere in Space-Time as most people who promise scans do.

Back