• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special RP

PokemonDreamer

<3 GAGA
    Years
    "I'll talk to them and say I meant to write Wailmer but Snorunt came out..? Yeah they'll buy it," she giggled. When they got to the beach it was 12:50 and it looked as though everyone was there, even Robbin. "I'm gonna go talk to the main guy real quick, I'll meet you back here."

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
    Flocks of people were congregated on the beach. The sun summoned grey clouds in front of it for a respite- it looked like a chance of rain. But the air was warm and sea salt was dissolved in the refreshing breeze that swept over the scene. There were four battling fields set up in the expanse of sand on the beach, each guarded by an official who shooed anyone that came too close away. A podium was set on the porch of the snack shack, and that was what everyone was crowded around. With Lily off taking care of her own business and Robbin standing in the crowd but seemingly isolated, this was Fletcher's chance. He swallowed hard, and approached the girl who had the most attractive looks in Slateport, who had an infatuating aura about her, who had an amazing Ninetales and who had Fletcher's main interest.
    "Are you in the tournament today, Robbin?" he asked casually, standing next to her. Of course, he already knew the answer. Her eyebrow arched as she looked him up and down quickly.
    "Well duh, I'm not waiting here because it's fun." Wow, if anything could kill his confidence, that was it. Still, he maintained himself.
    "Maybe I'll see you in the finals then?" Fletch's lips curled into a flirty smile.
    "Considering our beginning brackets are right next to each other, that won't happen. The only time we'd battle is if we both advance past the first round, into the quarter finals. Which I presume will happen... If I'm not mistaken, you've got several badges under your belt, am I right Fletcher?" The rapid fibrillation of his heart ceased for a moment; she knew his name and his accomplishments! Upon further reflection, they weren't like strangers- obviously she knew his name. HE STOOD A CHANCE.
    "I've got five, soon to be six!" he announced confidently, which surprised him.
    "Right. So you're no stranger to battling. I guess I'll see you in the quarters then." Robbin gave a small, a very small smile and then walked closer to the podium. Two people had come out of the shack and were standing a few steps behind the podium, and so the crowd had quieted as they knew the owner would present himself soon and commence the battling. Despite being alone, Fletcher had a huge smile on his face, and his thoughts drifted to Lily...where was she? And where could Fletch see this bracket that Robbin had evidently studied!?

Last edited:

PokemonDreamer

<3 GAGA
    Years
    By the time Lily was done talking to the man in charge there were so many people on the beach she could barely find Fletcher. Having Sparky help, she found him standing there with little Milt. "Sorry it took me so long. But he said it's fine if I use Whitney!" she said happily, then noticing he had a smile on way too big for his face, "What happened while I was gone?".

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
    He had barely glanced at Lily when a voice was projected through the area from speakers mounted on the beach. The shop owner was about to start!
    "Good afternoon, citizens and friends of Slateport!" Fletcher noticed that he was tall but very round in the belly. Giant sunglasses masked his eyes and he wore a large sun hat that hid his head, but the man's cheeks were bright red and one could guess he was suffering from a bad sunburn. "I thank you all for coming out to participate in my mildly annual Mr. Pop's Shack's Pokemon Tournament! Of course, the coveted prize is a case of 24 of my famous soda pop!" The crowd cheered and whistled in approval, and "Mr. Pop" ate up the attention happily. "Thank you, thank you!" They quieted down. "The tournament consists of 16 trainers who shall all battle in a 2 on 2 double battle. No subsititutions allowed, no hold itemsm the usual. Trainers who win the first round shall proceed to the quarter finals, and then to the semi's and finally to the championship!" The man was an adroit public speaker in the way he built up his words and created suspense- the crowd went wild everytime he paused. "Trainers, please consult the brackets being posted here and there." As he spoke, several people began taping pieces of papers to lightpoles, the side of the shack, etc. "Spectators- no interruptions please and let's see some nice sportsmanship today, shall we?" More cheering. "Good luck to you all, and I'll be waiting anxiously to present the grand prize to this year's champ!" Fletch turned to Lily with huge eyes.
    "C'mon, let's check out those brackets!"

PokemonDreamer

<3 GAGA
    Years
    "Hopefully, I don't go against Robbin," Lily spoke quiet enough so only she could hear. Sparky was energized with all the people around, barking and bouncing like a little puppy. As the Lily and Fletch approached the bulletin Lily's face light up secretly. "I go against Blake Winters first." As Robbin to Fletcher, Blake was to Lily. He was cute and nice, and rumor has it he doesn't have that great of Pokemon either. This was going to be a fun and easy round. "Fletch, you're with..." her voice fell.

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
    "...I'm with that little twirp Maddie Piper! You know the one that owns like an entire flock of Wingulls." He turned to Lily with a look of anger, but it quickly melted. "This is gonna be a breeze! I couldn't have asked for an easier opponent, not even your brother!" Filled with glee, he read the details under his own couplet in the bracket. "I'm on court 3 at 1:15." Since there was 8 battles to take place and only 4 courts, half of them were at 1:15 and the other half at 1:45. "When do you get to fight Blake?" Fletch had no problem with Blake; he was nice enough, maybe kind of a whimp though, but not at all problematic.

PokemonDreamer

<3 GAGA
    Years
    "Maddie Piper?" Lily grinned when she imagined Fletcher defeating her so easily. Lily glanced at the sheet again to see what time and what court. "Uhhhh, court 1 at 1:30." Lily checked her watch, 1:05. "Fletch you better head over to your court! I'll be on the sidelines cheering for you, buddy! Goooooood luck!".

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
    His dark eyes, thin eyebrows, soft cheeks, perky lips- Fletch's entire face lit up when she said this. Battling really ignited his spirit, and Lily had tossed the match in. "Alright Lils, I'll see you after I win," he told her, grinning uncontrollably as he ran to court 3. Maddie was already on the far side, sitting in the sand, petting one of her Wingulls. Fletch checked in with the ref and confirmed that he would be using Milton and Dallas for this match. 1:14 rolled around, and the ref had them step on the lines right outside the court designated for trainers. He reiterated the rules that Mr. Pop had stated, though more thoroughly. It was time to send out their Pokemon. "Get pumped, Milton and Dallas!" Both Pokemon came out of their balls as excited to fight as Fletcher was. The turn was then given to Maddie.
    "Munchy, Lumpy, let's go!" All of her Wingulls had obnoxiously dumb names, but when the red beams from her Pokeballs solidified into actual monsters, Fletcher lost his breath. A Kingler and Ryhorn stood awaiting battle on Maddie's side.
    "Not what I expected," he murmured, and then nodded at his two Pokemon to keep their spirits up, even if his was dimming.
    "Maddie has the first move," the ref announced, and then commenced the battle by dropping his flag.
    "Lumpy, Take Down on the bird, Munchy use bubblebeam on the dog!" The rhino came charging with unexpected speed at Milton, but Fletch was ready. Quietly he gave his orders.
    "At the last second, dodge it with Quick Attack to the side Milton, and then Quick Attack him from behind. Dallas, Ember those bubbles and fire back with a Shadow Ball." The Taillow waited until the most intense moment, and then swerved out of the way of the Ryhorn, who skidded to a stop. Before Maddie could react, Milton sped into the rock type with a powerful Quick Attack, earning a roar from the rhino. At the same time, Dallas easily countered the bubblebeam with flurries of fire and then launched a dark ball at the enormous crab.
    "Lumpy mud slap, quickly! Munchy, dodge it and then Vicegrip the dog!" Fletcher smiled as the slap of mud invisibly dissolved through Milton- he was flying type. "Air cutter, and then Quick Attack before it recovers. Dallas, Shadow Ball until it gets near you, and then Double Team." A razor composed of air from the bird's wings snapped against Lumpy, and then he was assaulted by the bird once again with a lightning fast Quick Attack. The rhino fell over.
    "Ryhorn is unable to battle!" A horrible squeal was heard from the other side of the field but that didn't stop the battle. The Kingler appaeared to limp, but none too slow, at the Houndour, who was spitting Shadow Balls out constantly, though none hit their mark. The Kingler then was in a few feet of Dallas when he split into dozens of images formed in a circle around the crab.
    "Faint Attack Dallas!" Each of the images was hazed by a black shroud, and each of them then pumelled the Kingler, though only the real Houndour did damage.
    "Vicegrip Munchy!" Maddie shrieked, and the Pokemon snapped his giant claw around Dallas, who began to howl. "Water gun!" The crab spouted a funnel of water onto poor Dallas, who collapsed in Munchy's claw.
    "Houndour is unable to battle!"
    "Air cutter Milton! Two in a row!" The Taillow, still blazing with a passion for battling, flapped its wings and set two successive shards of air at its opponent. "QUICK ATTACK!" But before Milton had collided with the Kingler, the ref interrupted-
    "Kingler is unable to battle; Fletcher is the victor."

OOC: Oh wow that was choppy and incoherent, but I was trying to do it quickly LOL

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    Alright, first off, your posts are a bit short, but I can see that that's understandable due to the fact that it's only you two RPing. What happened to the rest of the RPers?

Second off, don't put too much OOC in this thread, if you're going to do to the point of what you did before, then you might as well just PM or VM each other. Okay?

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
    OOC: Most of them quit because they were RP'ing at too fast of a pace or something, so we're trying to go slowly :3 And yeah looking back at this page some of these are pretty short, a few posts are only a couple lines- sorry about that, we'll try to lengthen them. And we'll keep the chat more to profiles...thanks for checking in!

PokemonDreamer

<3 GAGA
    Years
    Lily was about to run over and congratulate her friend when she ran into Blake Winters instead. Her heart stopped, his white blonde hair and tan skin made her melt, but she tried to remain cool. "Oh, hey Blake!"
    "Hi there Lily," he smiled. "Hey, I'm battling you today right?".
    Lily nodded, "Yeah we're bat- battling," she tried to get the words out, so awkward. "Well, I gotta go s-see Fletcher. He just, um, won!" She quickly ran away before she could stutter anymore. Why did she get so awkward around people that weren't Fletcher or her parents? No one knew.
    Lily ran up to Fletcher and hugged him good. "AWESOME JOB BUD!" she basically screamed. She checked her watch, 1:25. "Oh my gosh I've gotta go!! Wish me luck!" Lily took out Sparky and they both ran to court 1 and began to set up.
    On the other side of the court you could see the blond haired hottie talking to what looked like an Numel. A Numel? Lils thought, oh this is perfect. She laughed to herself. Finally, the official came out and read the rules to both Blake and Lily. "Please, send out your two battling Pokémon now!"
    "You guys ready to have some fun? GO SPARKY AND WHITNEY!" Lily jumped with excitement.
    "COME OUT FLAMES AND SPINDLES!" A little Numel and Spinda were presented on the court.
    "Now, play fair and good luck. May the best trainer win. Hollis starts."
    Lily could see the crowd all around the court, this made her super pumped. "Alright Sparky howl! And Whitney use surf!! Drowned them out!!" Both Pokémon were pushed by the water but the Numel was dangerously affected by the surf.
    "Flames, use ember! And Spindles DIZZY PUNCH!" Spindles dizzy punch missed Sparky, his designated target, but ember affected Sparky.
    "Alright Sparky, USE THUNDERWAVE ON THE SPINDA!" A loud jolt of lightning striked the Spinda and knocked it on the ground. "Quick Whitney, ROLLOUT!" The whale pushed the land into a rippling wave towards Spindles and hit him good and hard.
    "The Spinda is unable to fight."
    "FLAMES GET THE DOG! USE FLAMETHROWER!" Whoa, flamethrower. Lily was impressed that the little camel knew such a move. Suddenly a large amount of fire came hurling at Sparky and buffeted him pretty badly.
    Before the Numel got too proud Whitney attacked him, "Water pulse Whitney! Take him out!" Giant blasts of water hit Flames and knocked it over.
    "The Numel is unable to fight. Lily Hollis wins."
    "YAY!" Lily said with a squeal. She didn't think it would've been that easy to beat Blake. After praising her Pokémon she went over to Blake to thank him for a good battle. Lily was so psyched for the next round. She went to go find Fletch and tell him about her battle.

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
    Giddy and teeming with ecstasy, Fletch sprinted onto the field and swamped his best friend with a powerful and rejoicing embrace.
    "That was awesome Lil, you wiped the floor with him! I couldn't stop laughing everytime Whitney did something- I love her already!" Fletcher's elation was palstered on his face- he couldn't stop smiling, showing off his pearly whites, and he kept breaking into laughter. He was in a good mood. And if Fletch was in a good mood, so was Milton! The happy little bird soared over to Whitney and Sparky, chirping and singing gaily.
    "I'm battling Robbin in like an hour, I'm so excited! She has a bunch of Contest Ribbons so I know she's gonna be a challenge, but I promise I'll meet you in the finals if you promise the same!"

PokemonDreamer

<3 GAGA
    Years
    "I didn't know it was going to be that easy either!" she laughed along with her friend. Fletcher's mood made Lily happy. "Yeah, I think I'm battling Mike Germstad or something next. I'm not even sure who he is, or what kind of guys he has." That made Lils a little nervous but having Whitney and Sparky on her side she was ready for whatever Mike could throw at her. Knowing it was almost time for Fletcher's second match, she wanted to give him a little pep talk. "Now Fletch, listen. Don't get distracted by Robbin, 'cause you might," Lily giggled, "So, whip her butt and bring home the gold! And yeah, I'll see you in the finals!"

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
    He grinned knowingly. "Battling always takes priority over girls Lils. I'm not holding anything back just because Robbin's hot. But I gotta get going, my battle's in like 5 minutes!" Raising his eyebrows up and down quickly, accompanied by an anxious smile, Fletch ran off to his designated field. He took a deep breath.
    This was it, the second most important event of the tournie (aside from the finals), Fletcher's battle against the captivating Robbin. She stood on the opposing side of the sand field and represented his opposite- Robbin was a female, she had brown hair whose sleekness shone in what little of the sun was showing; she was mature and calm; patience serenely flowed through her aura and provided the basis for her battle style; she was so high in grace and knew no love nor even affection for Fletcher. And she was admitted to the first introduction by the referee, who announced her name and pointed his flag to the gorgeous girl.
    "Ariados," she stated quietly as if she were introducing the Pokemon at a party, and released the spider from its ball. "And Charizard." The flaming dragon roared as it was summoned to the field. Fletcher had no idea that she even owned these two Pokemon, and was effectively shocked at their presence- but the boy knew no nerves, and was still confident with his decision. After his introduction, he followed suit and brought out his two Pokemon: Dusty the Milotic and Bradley the Treeko.
    "Robbin has the primary move; let the battle begin." And the ref raised his flag. The girl stood motionless until a smile twitched at her luscious lips.
    "I forfeit…my first move to my opponent, Fletcher." Again, patience was her style. Surprised and momentarily caught off guard, Fletch stood with a stupid face, having already prepared his counters to her first moves.
    "Uhh…alright then, Dusty, let's see your Hydro Pump, concentrate it at Charizard and Bradley, Dragonbreath at the spider." A highly pressured funnel of water issued from the elegant serpent's round lips and blasted at its opponent, while Bradley sent a corrosively green jet which was its breath at the Ariados, both moves occurring at the same time.
    "Fly Charizard, and agility to the side Ariados. Quickly." Robbin's Charizard soared into the air, plenty higher than the Hydro Pump below it which blasted out of the field. Disappearing and repapering a few feet to the side 4 times in rapid succession, the Ariados successfully evaded Bradley's Dragonbreath.
    "Spiderweb the little one, Ariados, and drag it into a Posion Jab. Distract the Milotic with a Smokescreen and then Fire Spin, Charizard," Robbin ordered with a commanding yet soft and wise voice. Before Fletch or Bradley could react, a devious web of the Spider's silk encased Bradley, one thread of it still connected to Ariados' spinner. Treeko squealed and his eyes grew enormous with fear as the sticky web clung to his tiny body and he was pulled through the sand towards his destruction at the purple-glowing stinger hanging off of Ariados' thorax. At the same time, a black smoke surrounded Dusty, isolating and blinding her from the battle. Fletcher knew she was about to be assaulted by a Fire Spin, but he concentrated more on Bradley, who was weak to Poison-type moves.
    "Iron Tail on the web Bradley! You'll get out of there, I know you will buddy!" A silver light streamed out of the web, and Bradley prepared to swipe through it, still being dragged towards the spider. But its threads had adhered to his entire body, and though he attacked with Iron Tail, the web didn't give- it was like trying to kick your pants leg off. In the meantime, Dusty, still surrounded by the Smokescreen, was bombarded by a vortex of spinning flames which the Charizard had used while still flying in the air on his home side, but Fletch wasn't concerned. As soon as the attack stopped, he made his next move. "Twister away the smoke, and then send a Twister at the thread pulling Bradley." Spinning his finned tail swiftly, a vicious tornado erupted and vacuumed the smoke up, clearing the field once again. Without hesitation the Milotic sent the smoky Twister towards the Ariados, and it picked up the sticky thread that connected the encasing web to its creator- but the thread was sturdy, and whipped around in the Twister attack briefly before it finally snapped, which sent both the Treeko and Ariados flying. Unfortunately Bradley landed right under Charizard, laying in his flying shadow and still caged by the web. Ariados landed in the middle of the field, but the spider was still not the focus of Fletcher.
    "Quickly, Hydro Pump at Charizard! Bradley, Dragonbreath through the web if you can, hastily now!"
    "Fire Spin at the Treeko, and Poison Jab the Milotic." Robbin's second order sent an arrow through Fletcher's heart- Dusty was just as vulnerable as Bradley if the Ariados wasn't being fought too. But his spirits would rise in about two seconds, when Dusty's attack was so accurate that it forced the flying Charizard to corckscrew out of the way, allowing enough time for Dragonbreath's corrosiveness to devour the Spiderweb around the Grass starter. Before the flaming dragon was even able to perform its attack, Fletch had gained a step ahead.
    "Reflect and Mega Drain at Ariados, you two! You're doing so well!" The boy was truly proud of his Pokemons' performances so far. But they weren't concluded yet, and the Spider was leaping at Dusty, his stinger glowing with the acidic poision stored in his thorax, when the serpent was suddenly surrounded by a translucent box in the knick of time, and Robbin's plan was foiled, because the Ariados fell to the ground since he couldn't grip onto the Reflect. By this time Bradley arrived at the rendezvous, having been chased by a fierce Fire Spin but unscathed still. He jumped on Ariados' back and then green weaves of energy flowed from the purple and red body to Bradley, sapping some of Ariados' life. Robbin's lips- her pretty, glossy lips- tightened.
    "Dive in quickly and Dragon Claw the serpent until it's fainted, and Pin Missile the demon on your back!" Her two Pokemon deciphered which move was directed towards them easily enough, and they acted quickly, sensing the urgency in their master's shriek. Like a jet the Charizard dove at a sharp angle towards Dusty, his claws having enlarged and glowing red, but the Ariados never got its chance to attack.
    "Nap time! Grasswhistle before it attacks, and Dusty…" Fletch paused, watching the orange Pokemon lurching at his own, closing in every second. When the Charizard was within three seconds distance, he gave his order. "Reflect!" Letting his upper lip fold over his lower one, Bradley emitted a soothing but high-pitched whistle, which produced a tangible music note that dissolved on Ariados, putting him to sleep. A few feet over, the Milotic again produced the transparent box around itself, and Charizard, with his giant and deadly momentum and ready claws, smashed into it and was repelled backwards a dozen feet where he skidded for a dozen more, sending sand flying through the air towards Robbin. She screamed and it looked as though she wanted to run onto the field to her dear Pokemon.
    To the shock and gasps of everyone, including Fletcher, the Charizard stood without a struggle. Now Fletch was getting disheartened- after such a destructive blow, the Charizard was basically unharmed, and that was the only damage it had taken, which wasn't even from Fletch's own Pokemon as much as it was from its own move. But he had to admire that Robbin raised her partners well. The applause of the crowd yanked the boy back into the battle.
    "Iron Tail until it's fainted, Bradley. Hastily, before it wakes up. And let's show this tireless warrior your Ice Beam, shall we Dusty? This battle's ending soon, guys, you're doing great!" Transforming his tail into pure steel, Bradley continued to assail its sleeping foe with a barrage of Iron Tails, waiting for it to faint or awaken. Meanwhile, Charizard was ordered to counter the sharp Ice Beam with a Fire Spin, which he did, sending sparkles raining down on the field.
    "Hydro Pump Dusty!"
    "Dodge it and close in on the Treeko!" Charizard gracefully swooped to the side of the Hydro Pump and sped to where his partner was being attacked by multiple Iron Tails helplessly. "Quickly, Overheart Charizard." A funnel of flames so hot that they lay in the boundary between orange and white exploded towards Bradley, and just as his fifth Iron Tail slammed on Ariados and caused the spider to faint, the brilliantly strong Overheat collided with the itty bitty gecko-Pokemon and his eyes swirled into a faint before he had even crashed into the sand.
    "Ariados and Treeko are both unable to battle!" Smiling and filled with gratitude, Fletcher held up his Pokeball and recalled Bradley.
    "That was the best battle I've ever witnessed, thanks for making it happen. You were flawless, and I love you," he whispered endearingly as the Pokeball was clipped back onto his belt. Robbin also recalled her Ariados, praising it as well.
    "This isn't as easy as I had expected," Fletch admitted loudly to his crush, smiling. She responded hotly.
    "Dragon Claw!" Again Charizard's claws lengthened and glowed powerfully red as he charged towards the Milotic, who was commanded to put up yet another Reflect. But before Charizard tried to break through pointlessly again, Robbin intervened.
    "Fire Spin." The swirling vortex of flame surged through Dusty's Reflect, which only blocked physical moves, and burst into his long body for the second time in the match. He screeched but recovered quickly enough.
    "You're alright, I need you to be! Now show him a Twister and power it up with a Hydro Pump!" Spinning its tail again, the Milotic produced a tornado of grey air, and then spewed a Hydro Pump into it so that a stream of water lined the rapidly spinning funnel and soon began to spray out of it.
    "Charizard, Fly!" He took to the air, but didn't get high enough; the top of the spraying Twister slashed into his belly and sent him spiraling backwards through the air.
    "Compose yourself, Charizard," Robbin ordered without feeling. He stabilized and regained his flying posture. "Dragon Claw." For the third time Charizard flew towards Dusty- who again set up a Reflect- with a Dragon Claw at the ready, and for the second time he was given an order change right as he was about to collide with the barrier.
    "Brick Break instead." Fletch's heart stopped pounding momentarily and something invisible slammed the air out of him. He could see the end of this battle before it happened. The fire Pokemon's fist changed to clenched and white, and he punched through the Reflect barrier, which sent shards of it flying, and continued his attack right into the late-reacting Milotic's face, sending the serpent airborn. Dusty landed in a small crater in the sand.
    "Milotic is unable to battle, Robbin is the victor."

PokemonDreamer

<3 GAGA
    Years
    Watching this battle from the sidelines, Lily was in shock. DID ROBBIN JUST WIN?! Lily thought loudly. "Fletch is not going to be happy about this," she said out loud as she started walking towards the battle court where her friend was. She looked around at the other courts. Pokemon were flying and jumping everywhere, she noticed Sparky was interesting in all the commotion, also. Lil turned to her electric dog, "Excited for another bat--," she was interrupted by a tap on the back. She swiveled her body around to see what needed her attention.
    A small brown haired boy with huge eyes stood there looking at Lily until he finally said "You're Lily Hollis right?". Lily nodded. "I'm Michael Germstad," the kid said with a tone way to mature for the look of him. "I saw you battling against Blake earlier and might I say, you know how to fight. You and I are going to battling at 2:30 later and I just wanted to say good luck 'cause this will be a interesting duel." He turned and walked back to his mother before a word left her mouth. Should Lily laugh at Michael's words, or be intimidated?
    Remembering Fletcher she ran to the end of the court where he was sitting. "Hai there Fletch," she said with a little bit of a sympathetic tone.

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
    A few minutes earlier:
    "I'm impressed Fletcher, that was some highly strategic battling out there. I'm sure there won't be a better match in this whole thing, and I'd just like to commend you on a job well done. So...well done." Her brilliant blue eyes sparkled as she held out of her soft hand, which Fletch shook hesitantly.
    "Thanks Robbin... I underestimated you and paid the price. Good luck, though you won't need it." She gave a small smile and walked over to her Charizard, who was victoriously heaving still. Fletch already recalled his Milotic, and was ready to sulk to the Pokemon Center when Lily came up to him.
    "Oh hey Lil," he responded nonchalantly, sticking his hands in his shorts pockets. He hadn't even though about her or her next battle since the defeat had conquered his thoughts. "When're you up again?"

PokemonDreamer

<3 GAGA
    Years
    Knowing her friend wasn't to thrilled about the lost she patted him on the back. "I'm going again at 2:30 I believe against a two-year-old named Michael. He promptly introduced himself to me before I came over here. Kind of intimidating but I'll squash him!" Lily giggled with a big smile. She didn't know where all this confidence came from. "Oh my goodness, what if me and Robbin end up in the finals? NO NO NO I don't want to battle her!" Lily whined a little bit. And when Lily whined it made people around her chringe.
    "Lily! Lily over here!" Lil turned around to see her parents and little brother standing in the crowd. She didn't know they were going to show up. It sort of pleased her. She ran over to them because her mom was waving at her to do so. She left her friend to go say hi. "Hey honey we're here to watch you kick some booty!" Mrs. Hollis said with a squeal.
    "Hey kiddo how are you doing so far?" Mr. Hollis asked with a big ol' dad grin.
    "Well I won my first round and I play again at 2:30. Fletch won the first round but lost the second. He's cool about it though." lily explained, "I've got to go heal Whitney and Sparky! I'll see you guys after this round."
    "Wait Lily," her dad said sternly, "Whitney's here?"
    "Yeah, but dad listen she--"
    "No buts Lily I told you how I felt about you using her. She too powerful."
    "Dad, she's amazing," Lily looked at Whitney's pokeball.
    "We'll talk about this later," Mr. Hollis said with a firm face. A moment of awkward silence filled the air as the family looked around at all the happening commotion.
    "Good luck sweetie!! We'll be watching!" Mrs. Hollis smiled trying to appease the silence.
    "G'luck Lils," it hurt Cameron to say that, even though he meant it.
    Lily turned to her dad who wore a face of disappointment, "Trust me dad. I've got this."
    "Good luck Lily," he finally said before Lily scuttled away to the PokeCenter.

Last edited:

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
    As Lily left Fletch to visit her family, Fletch watched with longing eyes. The Hollis family wasn't flawless, it wasn't always so coherent and it wasn't particularly exciting or extraordinary. But it was a loving family, even if the siblings or parents fought on the occasion. The longing in Fletcher's dark eyes originated in this. It wasn't that he didn't feel loved by his father- of course his father loved him, with all of his heart. But the Shockley family was torn, and not just in two pieces, but it was shredded into hundreds of flurries. Fletch had inserted himself into Lily's family, and he treated Cameron like his very own irritating brother, and Mr. and Mrs. Hollis were nearly like a second pair of parents... but it wasn't the real thing. His name wasn't Fletcher Hollis; he didn't belong with them, and he couldn't follow them into the corners of the love and experience of a genuine family. Pokemon ran a light layer over the holes in his strong heart, but they couldn't replace a brother, a mother. Standing then and there, on the beach after a sore defeat, aching for a family as he watched Lily's, Fletcher decided he would never give up on his dream or on his companions, and would travel to the endless edge of the earth for them, for his pseudo-family, even for Espeon!!!!
    On that note, Fletcher scurried off to the Pokemon Center and dropped off four Pokeballs with his battleworn Pokemon, and scurried on back to the beach. Lily wasn't combatting this Mike kid yet. Espeon stood at next to him, rubbing her head against his leg endearingly, like usual, but this time he didn't flinch or push her away.

PokemonDreamer

<3 GAGA
    Years
    Lily met up with Fletcher after healing her Pokemon. "Wanna know what I'm craving right now? Some steak or something," the randomness in Lil's comment made them both chuckle. "Whaaat? I'm hungry and that sounds really good right now!" They both giggled. "So, I'm battling in 5 minutes, I better head over there. I see you after ok?" She gave Fletch a quick hug and walked to the court.
    As she approached the court Michael was already waiting on the other side talking to his mom. The kid couldn't have been more than 10 years old. He was about four feet tall with eyes bigger than his head. And his mom looked exactly like him. "Ok bye Mommy!" she heard him yelled as his mom walked away. Lily couldn't help but chuckle a little bit, this is gonna be a piece of cake!
    Soon enough 2:30 rolled around and the official stated the rules again and said Lily would start first. Nerves flew through her body and she started shaking. "Why am I so nervous?" she asked herself. Her sixth sense was telling her something bad was about to happen.
    "DEATH AND DESTRUCTION!! COME OUT!" screamed the little squirt. Lily was expecting a Charmander and Squirtle but a giant Nidoking and Nidoqueen erupted from the PokeBalls.
    "SPARKY, WHITNEY GO!!" Lily yelled across the field. Her comrades stood there with faces stained with fear. "Come on guys, we got this!"
    "Hollis starts."
    "Whitney start us off with a rollout!!" Whitney charged at the Nidoqueen and subsequently bounced off doing little damage. "Shoot, not very effective. SPARKY THUNDERWAVE NOW ON THE NIDOKING!" A flash of lightning shocked the big boy but didn't do very much.
    "DEATH AND DESTRUCTION POISON STING ON BOTH OF THEM NOW!!!" Giant thorns of poison were shot at Sparky and Whitney. Sparky shrieked.
    "Quick Whitney SURF!" Gallons upon gallons rushed through the field at Death, the Nidoking. "SPARKY BITE HIM!" The dog ran at him with his mouth widely open but missed completely the target.
    "DEATH, BODY SLAM THE ELECTRIKE!" Out from the water a giant body came hurling at the small pup and slammed on top of him. "DESTRUCTION, EARTHQUAKE!"
    Oh shoot..
    Suddenly the ground started rumbling and shook the Pokemon like crazy. After it calmed Sparky toppled over but got back up on his weak legs. He groaned and trembled from the poison still inside its little body. Suffering, Sparky finally fell over, but Whitney stood strong though. "The Electrike is unable to fight."
    "COME ON WHITNEY WE GOT THIS! WATER PULSE THE NIDOKING HE'S ALMOST GONE!" Lily screamed and glared at Mike who was snickering immaturely. "Oh, you're going down.." she whispered to herself with her game face on. Thick walls of water blasted Death until he could barely stand up. A final blast knocked him out.
    "The Nidoking is unable to fight."
    "DESTRUCTION BODY SLAM!"
    "Whitney water pulse again!!" The giant Nidoqueen sprinted towards the whale, jumped in the air and missed. "WATER PULSE WATER PULSE!!" The heavy water thrusted Destruction across the field almost hitting Michael.
    "GET UP DESTRUCTION AND USE THUNDERBOLT!" Mike's voice echoed throughout the beach and gave Lily a minor headache. Bolts of lightning struck the Wailmer with a loud cackle. Both Whitney and Destruction looked exhausted from fighting.
    "WHIT, ROLLOUT OUT ONE LAST TIME! GO BIG OR GO HOME!" Whitney knew what Lily meant and gained speed towards the monster and split the ground in front of her with the force similar to a semi-truck. Destruction wobbled from weakness then finally surrendered and fainted.
    "The Nidoqueen is unable to fight. Lily Hollis is the victor."
    Lily ran out and hugged Whitney will all her might and Whit moaned in fatigue. She was so proud of her Wailmer. Out of no where Whitney started glowing, a vibrant ring of light surrounded her. Lily stepped back to see what exactly was happening. Whitney, still glowing, started to grow larger and larger until she was about the size of three school buses. The glow faded and there stood an even larger whale than before. "OH MY GOSH WHIT! YOU'RE HUGE!" Lily was so shocked that she couldn't stop smiling. "We won and you're a giant Wailord!". Noticing that Whitney's evolving episode drew some attention and withdrew Sparky and Whitney into their balls. Lily ran to Fletcher with a giant smile on her ecstatic face.

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
    OOC: Godmodding again :I

"She's huge!" he laugh-shouted, laughing harder afterwards, so much so that he had to bend over and hold his stomach. Espeon scampered over to the whale and leaped high onto Whitney's side fin, and began playfully pawing at the tip of it.
    "Lil you did it!" Throwing his arms around her, Fletcher laughed once more. "You've just got the semi's, and then your in the championship!" He really wanted, needed, her to win; the situation was like that of a parent trying to live their dreams through their child.

Back