• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Pokemon Sprite Error

TheMangekyoKing

PurpleAmethyst Founder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2022
    I have a friend who helped me make gen VI starter sprites for pokemon Emerald but I need the sprites for FireRed. Since the sprites in Emerald are 64x128. i tried to just crop them to the 64x64 size that FireRed uses. Everytime i do this though, the cropped sprite becomes severely off-colored and disfigured. So does anyone know how i can do this without screwing up my sprites?

Years
    I'm assuming you used NSE to do this
    When you replace a sprite in NSE and change it's size you also need to change the offset
    You'll need FSF to find some free space and then paste the free space offset in the sprite offset
    Hopefully I didn't sound too confusing, but hey, I don't plan on becomming a teacher :P

TheMangekyoKing

PurpleAmethyst Founder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2022
    I'm assuming you used NSE to do this
    When you replace a sprite in NSE and change it's size you also need to change the offset
    You'll need FSF to find some free space and then paste the free space offset in the sprite offset
    Hopefully I didn't sound too confusing, but hey, I don't plan on becomming a teacher :P

I just did this and now the sprite looks fine in NSE but in game it looks terrible so if you have any other ideas they'd be greatly appreciated. ( I also made sure it was a .BMP and i decreased the color depth in InfranView so it was only 16 colors if the helps at all )

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2015
    I just did this and now the sprite looks fine in NSE but in game it looks terrible so if you have any other ideas they'd be greatly appreciated. ( I also made sure it was a .BMP and i decreased the color depth in InfranView so it was only 16 colors if the helps at all )

I've been having this same problem and i still havent found an actual solution for it. I've tried goolgling it, Looking on forums but still nothing. I suggest you just use an Emerald hack and deal with the crappy graphics my friend. (unless you can do tile editing)

TheMangekyoKing

PurpleAmethyst Founder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2022
    I've been having this same problem and i still havent found an actual solution for it. I've tried goolgling it, Looking on forums but still nothing. I suggest you just use an Emerald hack and deal with the crappy graphics my friend. (unless you can do tile editing)

Yeah i guess that is probably the best idea and the one that isn't as time consuming as redoing all my Gen VI sprites

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    If you are using NSE, you need to save the palette as well using the palette editor. That will change the colors to match the sprite you inserted.

Back