• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Pokemon Star (Aka i hope that i can make it!)

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2022
    So my idea is about a gen 3 hack called pokemon star! It will have some gen 4+ pokemon, no hm's (why not) and some NEW pokemon! Also, time will have something to do with this rom... and timetraveling too... And, of course, BIDOOF! I'm still in the start learning the basics, but i hope i'll make it! Any cool ideas to add in the game? Also, soon i'll put here some "spoilers" for the game (don't worry, i'll not spoil the whole story) and other thingies. I hope that there will be a lot of ideas from me and other people for this game, so i can make it the best i can!

Sorry for bad English, it's my second language.

Tms_tzzn

Fire Type Pokemon Appreciator.
    Years
    So my idea is about a gen 3 hack called pokemon star! It will have some gen 4+ pokemon, no hm's (why not) and some NEW pokemon! Also, time will have something to do with this rom... and timetraveling too... And, of course, BIDOOF! I'm still in the start learning the basics, but i hope i'll make it! Any cool ideas to add in the game? Also, soon i'll put here some "spoilers" for the game (don't worry, i'll not spoil the whole story) and other thingies. I hope that there will be a lot of ideas from me and other people for this game, so i can make it the best i can!

Sorry for bad English, it's my second language.

Well, since it's called "Pokemon Star", you can add Solgaleo and Lunala, and maybe Minior (you know, it is literally a star).

About the graphics part, you can make it with the graphics that essentials has, but I recommend you to use your own graphics, but you will need 3 things: a Tileset, OverWorld sprites, and Sprites. Tileset is the group of graphics that you'll be using when you make the map of cities, routes, caves, etc. OverWorld sprites are the characters in the world, who can move around, give you things and all that stuff. And, the Sprites are, for example, when you enter in a battle with a Youngster, it will say: "Youngster () wants to fight!" and it will show his sprite.

I really recommend you look up for tutorials on youtube, like the ones of Thundaga, and try them by yourself, with that, you will learn and gain experience.

Also, if you want to add some new mechanics, like following pokemon, you will need to learn some basics of scripting, and follow the tutorials on the web (Please, make sure that your current version is compatible with the script itself)

Good luck! Tell us if you have a problem with something, we'll try to help you!

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2022
    Well, I arleady learn scripting, and the solgaleo/lunala is a good idea. Also, I'm going to put some "star forms" for pokemon. They'll be evolutions with better stats, moves and abillities, even typings. Still, the graphics part is hard, but I can sure deal with it... If not I can use soe tilesets and things from other people (that are public, of course). The only think I don't know how to edit is the Birch and credits scene. How can i change the text in there?

Tms_tzzn

Fire Type Pokemon Appreciator.
    Years
    Well, I arleady learn scripting, and the solgaleo/lunala is a good idea. Also, I'm going to put some "star forms" for pokemon. They'll be evolutions with better stats, moves and abillities, even typings. Still, the graphics part is hard, but I can sure deal with it... If not I can use soe tilesets and things from other people (that are public, of course). The only think I don't know how to edit is the Birch and credits scene. How can i change the text in there?

Hmm, you should edit the event, in the Intro map.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2022
    Project Update: I'll try to use pokemon essentials instead of romhacking, since it's really easier and arleady have some pokemon from other gens.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2022
    Project Canceled: After some problems with downloading essentials and rpg maker, the "Pokemon Star" project just shut down. I'll try to start some more 'programming' things like unity. But if anyone is good in romhacks and likes my idea, well, tell me! I can help.

Back