• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Pokemon Storage System Tileset and Placement

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Hey all. ROMhacking is something that's always interested me but I've only just now started getting into.
    I'm using fire red as a base, and most of my problems end up coming from the tile sets. The issues I've run into here are about the PC found in pokemon centers. And whenever I search for info on it, the keywords "rom hack" and "storage system" automatically just floods with things about expanding the PC.

I'm trying to place pokemon storage system PCs in different locations, such as a forest. However, unless I'm missing something, for some odd reason the PC is split up across two different tile sets. The base and top of it are on tile set 14, but the screen part is only on 12? So switching to tile sets 0 and 14 in the Header tab of advance map gets me the forest and pokemon center pieces I want, except that now the PC doesn't have a screen tile.

Another issue I've ran into is not knowing exactly how to get a PC actually functioning. I assumed it would be an event, like talking to an NPC, but the PC is totally blank on the Event tab of advance map. So is it even possible to have pokemon storage systems outside of the designated spot in pokemon centers?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    The PC repurposes tiles from the 12th tileset so you would have to edit the 14th tileset and palettes and blocks to get the PC screen over to tileset 14. Also the PC does not use an event to access it, it uses a behavior byte.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Thank you for the response. I was hoping for my first attempt at a hack I could keep it simple and not get into editing tilesets, but it looks like I'd have to for this.
    I'll have to look into what behavior bytes are.

Back