• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Story MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
  • First off: I'm not the developer of the game, besides contributing a little bit to the database, I am not involved with the project.
    *This game is not fully developed, so not everything is final.

If your intrested in this game check out it's development at
    https://pdoa2dev.blogspot.com/

Do you want to play, but don't feel like waiting? You can join us at the game that started this all, Pokemon Den of Ages.
    https://pdoa.koneko-chan.net/

Pokemon Story MMORPG

Pokémon Story (short hand: PokéStory or PS) is a new evolution on the concept of a Pokémon-based simulation MMO.
    It is built off the PDoA Engine moving towards having a mixture of the basic MMO
    concepts you see a lot (guilds, quests, acheivements, massive world, etc.) and the handheld Pokémon games (copyright: Nintendo and Game Freak).​

Basic Features:
    -Trading
    -PvP Battling
    -NPC battling
    -Money/Bank system
    -Guilds with perks
    -Friending system
    -Quests
    -Easy to use interface
    -Battle system simular to the DS games
    -IV and EVs
    -Breeding
    -MASSIVE world that gives it a mmo feel
    -Class system
    -Useful chat system with multiple channels
    -5th Generation Pokemon
    -and more to come..​

Screenshots:

Pokemon Story MMORPG

Spoiler:

Battle System:

Spoiler:

Class System Outline:

Spoiler:

Continent of Taeyl:

Spoiler:

Credits:

(GM)Silver
    Matt Nwachukwu
    Executive Director

(GM)Navarr
    Navarr Banier
    Senior Database Administrator

(GM)Zinc
    Adam Block
    Director of Art

(GM)Ameyathed
    Ameyathed
    Director of Level Design

Last edited:

xdanx

But you can call me Dan :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2012
    Well, I don't like at least 80% of the visual design (including tilesets and user intarface, they look too old, like 90's games) but it kinda looks like an interesting project. I think that eventually I may give it a try to this game when it's out.

As long as you don't abandon it like the first version (unattended forum, lack of real guides or help, etc), this could be a good game. But let's face it, abandoned games are a waste of time to play and to make.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2013
    Looks pretty nice but the game frame.
    As xdankx said, looks like the bar machine games :s

I'm doing my own MMORPG too, atm I'm trying to draw a decent gameframe to not commit the same error as you :p

Keep up the good work :)

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Looks pretty nice but the game frame.
    As xdankx said, looks like the bar machine games :s

I'm doing my own MMORPG too, atm I'm trying to draw a decent gameframe to not commit the same error as you :p

Keep up the good work :)

Well I don't think that will be the developer's final version of it. PDoA ( the mmo this was inspired by) started off with a not so great interface as well. But a few builds later and this is what they came up with.

Pokemon Story MMORPG

Well, I don't like at least 80% of the visual design (including tilesets and user intarface, they look too old, like 90's games) but it kinda looks like an interesting project. I think that eventually I may give it a try to this game when it's out.

As long as you don't abandon it like the first version (unattended forum, lack of real guides or help, etc), this could be a [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]good [COLOR=blue !important]game[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. But let's face it, abandoned games are a waste of time to play and to make.

Thanks for the feedback! I do agree about the simplicity of the interface with you right there.
    Trust me, I don't think this project will be abandoned. We have dedicated staff from PDoA working on this all the time, and the PDoA community is really anticipated for this to come out

Last edited:

Eternal Dreamer

Dreaming my way to the top!
    Years
  • I'm really lovin this! If I had internet on a regular basis, I would play it all the time. ^_^

I really hope that this gets finished!
    Also, the newer frame looks amazing!

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2014
    xdanx, trust me when i say the creator wont give up on it. He hasnt given up on the first version. the website just moved and you got lost. The version is PDoA its not fully developed. But pokestory will replace it soon. You have to get used to the interface and stuff. It happens to me all the time. You dont like it at first but then you just start to like it. He puts all his time into the game, and has awesome ideas. I would love to see all you people come including you xdanx. Given criticism is fine, but as you start to play you realize its one of the best games on the internet. I was admin on pdoa so i know what im talking about. As for my grammer aha its still readable. xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Only seeing this now. This is the wrong section. Go post your thread again in the Beginner's Showcase. The main Game Development section is for discussion about Game Development, not for displaying your work. I would move your thread but all of them must go through approval stages to be posted there and I need you to read the rules of the section.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back