• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Sundown

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Hey guy's i've been kinda quiet in the gamedev forms for the last few month's, but since the release of the Starter Kit i have quietly been working on my all new game.

This is Pokemon: Sundown.

ABOUT POKEMON SUNDOWN
    Welcome to the Falon Region, a large flat Region south of Kanto and the Orange Islands, there is a volcanic area in the northeast of the region and a large rainforest in the south.

There are also 3 small islands around the Falon Region, Tropina Island a sandy island that suffers from huge sandstorms the island is home to Sandtree town and Johin City.

The second island is Safrara Island and is home to one small city also named Safrara and a large Safari Park holding some of the rarest Pokemon in the game.

The third island is an unexplored island with no real name but know by the people of Falon as Mystic Isle.

THE STORY OF POKEMON SUNDOWN
    There is a myth in the Falon Region, a legend that speaks of the legendary Pokemon Arceus and a way of opening a path to it lair high above the heavens through the capturing of the three guardin Pokemon which are hidden throughout Falon, it also speaks of another Pokemon, a Pokemon of pure darkness, one with the power to force the Falon region into a never ending night, however there is nothing else written in the myth and no one has ever truly looked into it further.

You are a young Boy/Girl who has spent much of there youth helping Professor Jive, Falon's resident Pokemon expert, with his Pokemon research in your home town, and now as a thankyou Professor Jive has offered to give you a Pokemon (Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle) for all your hard work, once you reach the next town you find some locals been attacked a strange group of people looking for a relic who start to attack them with there Pokemon, after helping the locals from them, they give you the relic but little to no infomation on it, they also don't know who the people are.

Here is where your adventure begins, what is the mystery of relic you have been given, who are the strange people who wanted it so much, these and many more secrets are waiting to be solved as you travel the Falon Region to collect the 17 (yes 17) Gym Badges from across the region, to gain entrance to the Pokemon league competition and the chance to battle against Falon's Pokemon Master.

FEATURES OF POKEMON SUNDOWN
    Ability to catch all 493 Pokemon. (and maybe 7 more to make it up to 500 if i can find someone who can make Pokemon sprites that look like they have been made by Nintendo)

17 Gym's (one for each Pokemon Type)

Pokemon League, which will consist of 10 battles which if won allow you to battle the E4 and then the Falon Pokemon Master for a shot at the title.

Day and Night (not desided yet, too many games using it to make it an exciting feature.

New Evolution methods such as the Ghost Stoneto get Gengar and the Psy Stones to get Alakazam, also Pokemon like Electivire will evolve just by been given there item, they no longer need to be traded.

PokeTop, a small handheld laptop which has many features, including : Pokedex, MP3, Maps, TV, Phone, PokE-Mail, and the ability to at set points in the game chance to takeout/putin/release Pokemon from your PC and team without been in a Pokemon Center.

Well that's about it for now be sure to look out for the game in the Showcase section within the next few weeks.

Last edited:

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Thanks, and thanks for actully leaving a comment, i posted this to get feed-back but no one else will give any comments at all which is annoying.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    That's because you gotta be patient. This is looking pretty cool, I'd like to see this make progress.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    That's because you gotta be patient. This is looking pretty cool, I'd like to see this make progress.

Yeah it's annoying though when it took me about a hour to type it all up, and it's now been up for two days 30-40 people have looked at it but no one posts anything, if i can only get two people other than myself to post in this , i don't see that there would be any point posting it along with screenshots and more features in the Showcase.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
    because its not that well known of a game sorta like mine. but have you worked on it at all in rmxp if so show your work and more people will post it. It took me a week or so just to get people to notice a little. and yet still check out my thread only three pages but i dont mind. I keep workin hard on my game cause i know the harder i work the more people will notice. and trust me if you beg for posts they wont come. just given you a little heads up on your game.
    other then tat it looks good so far and i hope it goes great

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    because its not that well known of a game sorta like mine. but have you worked on it at all in rmxp if so show your work and more people will post it. It took me a week or so just to get people to notice a little. and yet still check out my thread only three pages but i dont mind. I keep workin hard on my game cause i know the harder i work the more people will notice. and trust me if you beg for posts they wont come. just given you a little heads up on your game.
    other then tat it looks good so far and i hope it goes great

Yeah i know, but i made some good progress on mapping today, i have about 30% of the town/city's done (havn't started any routes or stuff yet) and i was thinking of going into the showcase with it but im not going to now, and im startin to think that theres no point carrying if no one is interested in the game, and i wasnt realy begging for posts i had just hoped that with it been up for two days that there would have been more than just one reply, im going to stick with the game but i don't know if i'll bother showing it off here.

But thanks for the support it does help me a lot .

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    spike6958, this may seem rather harsh, but think about it, why should anyone care about your game? There are hundreds of pokemon fangames, what makes yours special? Your using the same starter kit as half of them, and all you have to recommend your so far is a block of text, the average person on these forums is not going to take five minutes to read a block of text about something when there's nothing else to advertise it. Having read your block of text, it has some spelling mistakes and grammatical mistakes in it, which is an additional turn off.

You're making a game, great. You've spent hours on it, great. You've enjoyed making it, I presume, that's great. But why should people be particularly interested in it when there are so many other games that look just as promising, and some that look more promising?

Fix the spelling and grammar mistakes in your post and add screenshots and some people may get more interested.

You're unlikely to make me feel any true interest, as I don't have a computer that can run RMXP...

Back