• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Teal

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2011
    Yay, I caught Scyther!
    I'm heading to Seashore now!
    So far I've found some tile errors, should I post them?
    Sure go ahead. I know there are a lot of trees that have shadows when they shouldn't.

Why don't you download some HGSS Pokemon overworlds, if you're hesitant with your ability? (from what I can see- on my bad screen, I'll add- they're fine. Not saying you're probably bad or anything, but I'd assume they're fine, lol).
    Yeah I've been thinking about pulling OWs from another game, but there are some OWs in my hack that I probably won't find in another game.
    Although if at all possible, change the main tiles (ie trees and ground). The FireRed default tiles have become significantly overused since Azure Horizons used them (in my opinion). If you can find any alternative tiles, I'd recommend changing them, because alot of people are beginning to use them. Although I think this may stand out, you're knowledgable in scripting, it would appear? Love that "mission selection" screenshot, lol!
    Good luck with this, very promising!:)
    I've thought about that too. I've been focusing most on scripting for this first alpha. I'm not much of a graphics guy.
    Hmm...
    Could you credit me for the name "Hill Top Town", please?
    Certainly.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2011
    That's pretty interesting hack... I might try it. :)
    Good luck with it ;)
    Thanks!

This looks great hmm but how did you change the multibox names i've always wondered that :|
    You can edit them with A-Text. But the problem with that is that some of the multichoice boxes use the same strings, so if you change one of them you will affect another. I had a problem where I edited the "Exit" of a multichoice box, but it changed the "Exit" of other multichoice boxes.

To get around this I followed this tutorial to change the pointers of the multichoice boxes.

Omega Zero

Is back...
    Years
  • Thanks!

You can edit them with A-Text. But the problem with that is that some of the multichoice boxes use the same strings, so if you change one of them you will affect another. I had a problem where I edited the "Exit" of a multichoice box, but it changed the "Exit" of other multichoice boxes.

To get around this I followed this tutorial to change the pointers of the multichoice boxes.
    this tutorial will really help me

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    This is one of the rare few hacks in the scrapbox that I actually get excited about!:)
    I think this is ready for Progressing Hacks!

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2012
    I've found a glitch in Hilltop Town when you're being tested by the Mayor's family.
    I lost to the Mayors Kadabra, now when I re-enter his home, he just keeps saying
    "Are you ready to challenge us?"
    I can answer yes, but it'll just move me forward a step.

So I can't challenge him and get the raft.
    Not sure why it's doing it :/

Also, I tried going back through the cave and got stuck in a wall :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2011
    I've found a glitch in Hilltop Town when you're being tested by the Mayor's family.
    I lost to the Mayors Kadabra, now when I re-enter his home, he just keeps saying
    "Are you ready to challenge us?"
    I can answer yes, but it'll just move me forward a step.

So I can't challenge him and get the raft.
    Not sure why it's doing it :/

Also, I tried going back through the cave and got stuck in a wall :(

I was aware of the cave warp issue, but I wasn't aware of the mayor error. The problem with the mayor script is that the trainer flags were never reset. So if you lost the level script would not call the trainer battles. I'm going to release an updated alpha sortly that fixes these problems.

dragonshine

The Dragons Are Rebelling
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2012
    Ca you use my hero sprites :) I Worked Hard On Em But I Want Them TO Be Know For More Than Just Pictures

Hey!

I've been playing your beta, and I've gotta say that this hack seems very promising!
    But there are one or two things I want to point out:

1.) I actually managed to beat that lvl 100 Tentacruel with my team of lvl 12's!
    all I had to do was use leach seed and then tons of sand attacks! 0.0
    It seemed to me that leach seed was doing WAY too much damage!
    Is that a glitch? if not, it may be a good idea to make tentacruel stronger?

2.) I also found a movement glitch. At the entrance to Seashore City,
    if you stand next to the entrance and walk in front of it from the side,
    and then go down you go through it.

One last suggestion! (and then I'll be done talking ^_~)
    If you are having trouble with the OW of pokemon why
    not use the ones from MSD? They seem very good & I'm sure you could
    put 'em in nicely!

~Thanks! And once again; this is an AWESOME hack! (Or should I say whole new game?)

Keep it up!!

--Oh, and do you want me to post screenshots of what I mean?
    i.e. the amount of damage done by leach seed & me standing where I shouldn't?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Dragina said:
    It seemed to me that leach seed was doing WAY too much damage!

Leech Seed automatically drains 1/16th of your opponent's Pokemon no matter what - Unless it did more that that, its not really a glitch. You can't really make Tentacruel stronger than Lv100, unless you know how to do ASM. All of its attacks are essentially 1-hit KOs thanks to its level, so I don't really see a need to make it any stronger anyway.

I beta it with my trusty Jolteon and Meowth :P

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2011
    I think I'm going to give Rest to Tentacruel and replace Wrap and Hydro Pump with more accurate moves. Then if you do beat it, I'll give you a congratulations message and then teleport you to the pokemon center anyway.

I just fixed the movement permission error at the entrance to Seashore.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2011
    Heres some new screens from the next release. The release isn't going to be for a while though.

library.png
    mart.png
    rocketmarth.png

Back