• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon team rating and creation

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2004
    Well I've gotan incomplete team lined up so could you help me with it?
    Latias/Latios (which ever one you get in Sapphire)
    Machamp
    Swampert (w/ ice beam)
    Magneton (that's the one with three right?)
    ?
    ?

What do you reckon should go in the gaps (there are gaps because i always end up chopping and changing my team). And is that a decent squad (so far).

Don't go on about berries, Ivs, EVs and stuff at the moment because I just want to get the pokemon first.

Oh yeah and one just off topic question - do you gget the mystic water from castform or did i give it to him?

Years
    Miles Lombardi said:
    Well I've gotan incomplete team lined up so could you help me with it?
    Latias/Latios (which ever one you get in Sapphire)
    Machamp
    Swampert (w/ ice beam)
    Magneton (that's the one with three right?)
    ?
    ?

What do you reckon should go in the gaps (there are gaps because i always end up chopping and changing my team). And is that a decent squad (so far).

Don't go on about berries, Ivs, EVs and stuff at the moment because I just want to get the pokemon first.

Oh yeah and one just off topic question - do you gget the mystic water from castform or did i give it to him?
    First of all you get Latias from Saphire, and Second you get Mystic Water from Castform if I remember correctly.
    As for the team, yes, Agron is a great support for a team, because not too many things are super-effective against it. But on the otherhand, a lot of people will probably have atleast one good water based attack on their team, so even surf would probably eliminate him in 1 hit.
    I personally don't like Gardevor, I think it is a weak psychic, but good to start training with. Also, if you are going to use Latias, then you already have a psychic type on your team.
    I would say, put another steel type on your team, but Magneton should suffice.
    Don't put on a dark type (well, possibly Absol) on your team because most Dark types are weak.
    I know what you most likely should put on your team. I think you should have a good firetype like Charizard, Typhlosion, or Blaziken. Dont even think about a Torkal though.
    Also you should probably use a grass type, although I think they are as weak as dark typed guys, but they prove to be a great asset once in a while.
    Other than that, just take a look at guys you like or think are cool. :D :cool: :rambo: :pokeball: :latias: :11: :20: :18: :10:

Years
    chrissmith_uk said:
    i would use a fire pokemon and a ghost pokemon..... maybe torkoal and a sableye?
    Maybe a ghost type, sure. I like Baynett or however you spell it. But definantly not a Torkal. Go with a Camerupt. He's even better than Torkal. :laugh:

Back