• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Technology

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
    Years
    Pokemon Technology

Introduction
    Hey guys it is me Omega! So when I was dreaming last night, I thought about the future and some technologies, and I decided to make a ROM hack to make my idea come alive.

Information
    ROM Base: Pokemon FireRed
    Acomplishments: Mapping: 21%
    Scripting: 0%
    Gameplay: 0%

Storyline
    You, an orphan, will be travelling the future with your Time Travelling watch that an Ancient Alien gave you. You decided to travel the future and get a better lifestyle. Suddenly, everything changed when the Ancient Alien that gave you the watch is in trouble and he needs you to help him travel the world with you. What will you do? What is the Alien's problem? Find out in the fututre.

Feautures
    Gen 4-6 Moves
    Pokemons as robots
    Healing Items as Chargers
    Items as technology
    and much, much more!

Downloads
    Still none ;-;

UPDATE (Important):
    Life have been keeping me from working on the hack. I can not work on it anymore because time.

Last edited:
    Years
    This could work in some form. Perhaps Misty could make a cameo as a Wall-E master. Ecco the Dolphin II did something vaguely interesting in this direction, with the main character travelling to the dolphin future and so on, associated in some ways with the ancient Asterite, and it might be of some interest. Will there by any returning to similar areas in the 'past,' etc.? Obviously one of the risks is that if the game is mostly set immediately in the 'future,' that comes to be the game's 'present,' and hence the rest is merely a 'past' section placed arbitrarily in the plot. You could just go with something like 'Planescape: Torment' which has a strange character turn up in an unfamiliar, in this case technological world, and have to figure it out, rather than simply portraying it as a transformation latched onto a 'present' that only rarely features. When it comes to the alien getting in trouble, you might want to specify if this implies anything about the world that you are now in, etc., or if some force is doing this, an organisation is in charge, etc., rather than just focussing on the character's interactions with the alien in your description rather than the overall environment that forms most of the game, although it might just be that it's early in development and you haven't yet described these things.

Domad4444

quack.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I think it's a great idea and has a big potential.

First, you can make the time traveling watch useable through the plot, to show that the events in the future occured because of events in the past, and changes you do in the past will affect the future in the game.
    I imagine 2 ways of it: One is being able to use the watch only when you need it for the plot (going back to do a mission or getting an HM from someone only exists in the past, etc. go crazy with ideas). Second, using it freely as in Pokemon Insurgence (where in certain spots you walk on you can activate the item and go back to the past/future), or maybe even anytime (which means, double mapping the whole game, or simply copy maps and change tilesets, and just editing the important stuff).

With this idea you have a lot of options.
    You can split the adventure to past and future, as I mentioned doing so before with the watch. An evil team which also travels in time, or the same team's different doings in the past and in the future. Visiting someone that can answer questions that is missing in the future, traveling to the past figuring out what happenned to him and talk to him in order to reveal information. You can even make the time travel go to a further past (making the starting time of the adventure the present and not past, as I mentioned up until now... time traveling is quite confusing).

Robot pokemon may also be a good idea, but logically all would be kinda steel-types.. Maybe you can figure out solutions for all the problems robotmons make (like potions becoming chargers), but as I have'nt got any on my mind, I suggest you can make robot trainers or NPC assistants (like police or nurses instead of Joy), factory workers, or anything you think. You can also make the pokemons "robotic" or artificial (as mewtwo, I mean) and not actually robots to fit the real typing they have.

That's what I have in mind. If you're new to hacking or need help in ideas, just ask/PM.
    I can really see this hack developing further, so if you have enough time to start this project - really go for it.

Back