• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that should be in every hack?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2014
    When I realised golbat wouldn't evolve in ruby destiny, I decided to write up some guidelines as to what pokemon I feel should be included in a hack if some pokemon in the programming are going to be replaced.

1. If the pokemon is in the game, the pokemon's entire evolutionary line is in the game
    Exceptions
    - If the pokemon evolves in a way that isn't in the game mechanics won't allow (eg it's ok not to include alakazam if you have no intention of trading in your hack, or not include pichu if there's no breeding) However it's a bit annoying if the only reason you can't obtain a pokemon is because the item to evolve it (as long as it's not by trade) doesn't exist in game.
    - I guess it's ok to make wurmple always evolve a certain way

2. If you are going to include a pokemon, make it obtainable without trading
    - Make the new method logical. Level up is usually a good idea.

And with that, some tricks
    - Nidoqueen can be included without nidoran and nidorina, since nidoqueen can't breed
    - Evolutions only available through trading can be removed from programming if you're not going to have them obtainable in another way. People will miss alakazam and gengar though.
    - Nobody will notice if item only prevolutions as well as the item are missing. People will notice if there's no thunderstone but eevee and pikachu are obtainable though.
    - If ditto is not included, fully evolved genderless and male only pokemon can be included without their pre-evolved forms.
    - Not having breeding opens up a lot of options, but probably only applies to RBY hacks, as otherwise the game would seem incomplete without breeding.

Back