• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon the movie 2018

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • I'm not looking forward to this at all honestly. The Pokemon movies are in my opinion the weakest Pokemon medium, and I only recall the first few being alright but it only went downhill from there. This one looks like it will just continue the trend. But all in all, I'm just going to ignore it and just hope that this or the one after it will be the last Pokemon movie.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I'm not looking forward to this at all honestly. The Pokemon movies are in my opinion the weakest Pokemon medium, and I only recall the first few being alright but it only went downhill from there. This one looks like it will just continue the trend. But all in all, I'm just going to ignore it and just hope that this or the one after it will be the last Pokemon movie.

Me neither, and I also suspect that unlike M20, which at least had the luck of debuting during the 20th anniversary, this is just going to outright bomb like Heroes as well as the Hoopa and Volcanion films did. Probably the only good thing is that at least now, we don't have to worry about any more Gen VII Pokémon after this (granted, the only reason we had to worry now was because they released Marshadow too early in M20, and had it not been for USUM revealing there was another Event Gen VII Pokémon, let's just say that the guys who made the movies would have short changed themselves).

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, we're barely under a week out before the release of the new movie. I predict it's probably going to do at best slightly better than the Solo movie (although, considering how badly that movie did, that's not exactly going to be a compliment). I'm not feeling particularly optimistic about its box office sales (As I said before, I suspect the only reason M20 managed to do nearly as well as it did was because it was lucky enough to air on the 20th anniversary of the anime franchise. This movie, airing after the anniversary ended, can't rely on that to boost its box office numbers, so I'm suspecting it's going to be a bomb like the XY movies). Let's see how it does, maybe it will surprise us, but I have my doubts.

One thing I can report on is that Zeraora's going to be Level 50, has the moves Plasma Fists, Thunder Punch, Close Combat, and Thunder, and holds Air Balloon. Pretty much the same stats it had in that special Battle Video that aired in April. The event distributing it will be occurring between July 13 (same day the film is released) and September 30.

Well, if they're going to release Movie 22, I suspect that movie will give a teaser for the next Generation, and we definitely know that, at least regarding the games, there WILL be a next generation thanks to E3 pretty much confirming it (whether the anime will do so remains to be seen. Considering they had Ash become runner up, not to mention remembering how much hot water they got from even the Japanese fans regarding Ash losing the Kalos League, they'd have to be complete idiots to not let Ash win Alola, even if it means ending the Pokémon Anime without covering Generation 8.).

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Ash will lose in the Alola League.

On topic: Is there anyway us non japanese can view the movie when it releases soon? Or will we have to wait for the dub release in places like America?

Also:
    It's weird though, I like how they aren't just blatantly advertising for the next gen but what reasons would they have to make a another movie about Lugia? Is something special gonna to happen in gen 8?

Naive me... They will advertise Zeraora of course and a next gen 8 shill is guaranteed as well. I was foolish to think they wouldn't.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Ash will lose in the Alola League.

On topic: Is there anyway us non japanese can view the movie when it releases soon? Or will we have to wait for the dub release in places like America?

Also:

Naive me... They will advertise Zeraora of course and a next gen 8 shill is guaranteed as well. I was foolish to think they wouldn't.

Eh, I wouldn't be so sure about that regarding the Alola league. Let's not forget that unlike prior leagues, this will be the first time Alola even HAS a league, and considering Ash already had Runner up back in Kalos, it's unlikely the writers will just have Ash lose yet again (besides, they got a lot of angry twitter responses from even the fans in Japan, and if the Japanese are afraid of ONE thing, it's outright ticking off their home base.).

So far as the Gen 8 thing, to be fair, this will be the first time since... what, Movie 13 to purely have a Generation 8-related event Pok?mon (as all the movies starting with Movie 14 either strictly had Legendaries up to that generation, or if they have a future gen event Pok?mon being present, they shared screentime with a current legendary).

You're probably going to have to wait until the film hits DVD in Japan before you can watch it, though. Unless you can afford to buy a plane ticket to Japan and buy tickets at the Japanese theaters within the next few days.

Back