• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Path Towards The Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
    Pokémon: The Path Towards the Rainbow

"Push yourself; don't go back… never stop, because you'll never achieve anything that way."
    Prof. Kirin

Plot
    Welcome to the world of Pokémon! In this world, the land which holds these exotic creatures, people can use these creatures as pets… or use them for battle; which are known as Pokémon Trainers.

There is a newly developing region in the vicinity which is known as Herion. In this land, there has been success in many of the Pokémon holders in making it up to a strong status. Many famous trainers have come to study the land. From the sea, the ruins, caverns and forests; Herion has many mysteries to be uncovered…

Legend has it there holds a legendary Pokémon hidden within the region, the traveller of time has hidden within the region sleeping a deep slumber with a special power… but there are people with bad intentions trying to use its power for bad. Their names are Team Empire; they're tyrants when trying to use Pokémon for their own needs…

But besides that, in a small quiet town known as Pineapple Village is the starting place of anyone's journey in Herion. As the wind turbines blow and the Wingull soar the sky, the sun shines starting a new day. Six aspiring trainers are supposed to start their journey as Pokémon trainers and go off to their various paths.

Unfortunately, these trainers are in a rude surprise… Professor Kirin is currently out of the region. Oh, what's this? There seems to be a familiar face coming on his way. Professor Oak himself is coming on his way to get these Pokémon Trainers on their way!

Story
    "Dear Oak,
    I hope you get this, but I have something important for you to do, I would like you to go and greet these new Pokémon trainers, they should be coming over in a few days. I would love to go, but I am currently studying the Snowpoint Temple up in Sinnoh, I hope it won't be a problem… I don't want to disappoint these young trainers, so would you start these trainers up? I know that you of all people can do it…"

Prof. Marie Kirin

Prof. Oak's Lab
    "Alright people, I hope you can all manage without me. I'll be back in a few weeks, so take care all of you" Oak stated as he grabbed his bag.

"But, what are you going to do, aren't you just giving those new trainers some new Pokémon and let them go?" one of the aides asked.

"I'm glad you asked," Professor Oak replied, "You see, I wanted to go study the environment of Herion, with its soothing aura. I though since I'm going to Pineapple Village, I might as well go conduct some research all over Herion. I don't just want to sit around like an old man."

And with that, Oak stepped out the door, and went off to the ferry in Vermillion City.

Few days later (Pineapple Village)
    As the sun began to rise, this was the time of day when people would wake up and go out to work. Adults would head off to the big city working hard for money, children would go to the beach over a few towns, and for some people… it's their first day of becoming trainers.

As each of the six trainers headed for the lab, a tired old man was on his way as well.

"Boy, I never though that the lab would be so far off…" Professor Oak complained.

When the trainers came, they would greeted by the man himself, Professor Oak. He introduced himself, and gave them what they needed. With that out of they way, they set out to become Pokémon masters! Some may have different goals in mind, but that will soon unfold…

Gameplay
    The roleplay will start when everyone has signed up

I'm the game master, I'm setting up the chapters, NPCs, and obtainable Pokémon, and you guys are the main characters.The only things the players can control are their own characters and that character's Pokémon. Please do not try to 'God Mod' and control other people's characters or Pokémon, or wild Pokémon either, only when you're trying to capture them. Basically, you can fight the wild Pokémon, but I will be the one who decides if you catch it or not and how powerful it is depending on the quality of your post.

Anybody can post, but only after I grade your post, no order what so ever. After mostly everyone made most of their posts, I'll move on to the next area. You'll need a trainer card as well to RPG. Any other questions can be answered by reading the rules, although you should've read them before even bothering to RPG. Good luck to all of you.

Rules

• Follow all rules of Pokecommunity
    • No godmodding
    • Try to be active (If your away, PM me)
    • No Legendaries! (It takes the fun out)
    • Have fun roleplaying! :D

Character Sheet
    Name: Your character's name
    Birth Date: When they're born
    Appearance: How they look
    Personality: How does your character interact?
    History: The background of your character
    Extra: Anything else we need to know about them
    Preferred Starter: Which Pokémon would you like?

Items
    You may find items along your way, but it has to be reasonable.

Pokédex
    The obtainable Pokémon you can catch any type of Pokémon that is listed because you get a Nation Pokédex from the start.

Pokémon League

These are the gym leaders, holders of the badges which will allow you to enter the Rainbow cup for number one champion of the Herion region! They will try to stop you at all costs, but with a lot of effort you'll get all eight badges and go off to the championship!

Map

Pineapple Village: CLEARED
    Route 301: In Progress
    Peach Town: In Progress
    Route 302: In Progress
    Mystifying Woods: Coming Soon

Pokémon
    Grass: Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Oddish, Bellsprout, Budew, Hoppip, Tangela
    Fire: Charmander, Cyndaquil, Vulpix, Growlithe, Slugma, Houndour
    Water: Squirtle, Totodile, Marill, Wooper, Magikarp, Staryu, Shellder
    Electric: Pikachu, Mareep, Chinchou, Elekid
    Normal: Meowth, Skitty, Togepi, Eevee, Lickitung, Teddiursa
    Flying: Pidgey, Hoothoot, Murkrow, Taillow, Starly, Wingull
    Bug: Caterpie, Skorupi, Weedle, Pinsir, Scyther
    Poison: Ekans, Koffing, Nidoran (M or F)
    Rock: Geodude, Onix, Corsola, Rhyhorn
    Ground: Sandshrew, Gligar, Swinub, Phanpy
    Ghost: Gastly, Misdreavus, Drifloon
    Psychic: Natu, Smoochum, Bronzor, Ralts, Abra, Drowzee
    Fighting: Machop, Meditite, Tyrogue

Current Members
    You Had Me At Hello
    FenrisΩ
    SethMetal37
    Omnizaru

Fire2100
    Proddit

Last edited:

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    Name: Benjamin (Ben) Charles
    Birth Date: 15/09/1993

Personality: Ben is not a very outgoing person, and struggles to make many friends. However, he is fiercely loyal to the friends he does have. He will do anything and everything for his friends, and believes this attitude will translate to his pokémon. Ben doesn't care what others think of him and often ignores people that are rude to him to begin with. He also has a tendency to be very sarcastic with people, which can lead to some unwanted tension; particularly people he has just met.

Appearance: Ben is quite tall for his age, standing at just over six foot. He has quite a skinny build and has a slight tan, giving him an athletic look. He has bright blue eyes and medium length light-brown hair, with a long fringe that reaches the top of his eyes. Ben usually wears tightly fitting dark jeans and a plain white tee shirt, with a zip up black hoody over the top which is usually only zipped about half way up.

History: Ben was born in Mossdeep City and has lived there his entire life. On the whole Ben has enjoyed living in Mossdeep, but it did prevent him from beginning his pokémon journey at the normal age of ten. Mossdeep was too far removed from mainland Hoenn for Ben to just go on his own to pick up a pokémon, and unfortunately his parents were too busy to go with him. Having turned sixteen however, Ben has decided to head to Herion and have the pokémon journey he missed out on when he was ten.

Since a young age, Ben has loved pokémon. He used to spend hours watching pokémon battles from the pokémon league on television. Growing up on an island meant that he was not exposed to a wide variety of pokémon, he wants to make up for this by seeing as many pokémon as possible during his journey's around Hoenn. One of his favourite memories as a child was going Wailmer watching with his parents, this was one of the events that cemented his love for pokémon and inspired him to become a trainer.

Preferred Starter: Bulbasaur (Grass)

OOC: Hope this is good enough. It doesn't say an RP sample is needed, don't know if you just missed this out? If you want one just say and I'll add it :)

Stan the man

A true gentleman
    Years
    Name: Finn Armstrong

Birth Date: 1996

Appearance: Tall for his age about 5.3 Finn has all ways stood out in the crowd his hair doesn't help, He has long light brown all ways tied up hair. he seems to all ways wear a blue jacket/jumper brown dress pants and black leather shoes. he has brown eyes and a small cut above his lip on the left side. all and all he looks kind of lanky. he has next to no muscle.

Personality: finn is kind hearted and timid hes the kind of guy that flinches at a twig snapping. but once he knows you and you know him he's fine. sometimes he hears, Voices sometimes there nice sometimes there not. He is not on good terms with his parents. every now and then if you tick him off enough he will go off his rocket at you.

History: Finn originated in jhoto but soon moved to honne then at the age of ten he and his family moved to kanto. here he longed to receive a pokemon from the great professor oak. But alas once he turned ten his parents refused to let him become a pokemon trainer. Since that day Finn would go to brocks gym and watch him battle with his onix. Brock quickly became his best friend. For his 11 birthday his parents gave him a robot poliwhirl claiming that it was safer then the normal one.

Extra: no

Preferred Starter: onix.

Last edited:
    Years
    Name: Suraj "Alex" Bihar
    Birth Date: 11/15/1992

Appearance:
    Alex stands at about six feet and two inches tall, making him stick out in his school crowd. He is pure Indian, but doesn't really have any features (other than his skin and hair color) that might be able to make someone think he is. As far as his build goes, Alex is built like all of his family-tall and thin. He doesn't make a big deal out of working out or anything, but he does have a fairly good amount of muscle. Alex has long, black hair that falls to his shoulders. He doesn't bother to put it up or anything. As for skin color, Alex is a medium tan that doesn't come from sunbathing. His eyes are very, very dark brown.

Clothing wise, Alex normally wears a tight black T-shirt and a pair of jeans. Sometimes, if it's cold out, he will don a navy blue hoodie that has the number 13 on the black in striking white letters. He doesn't wear any accessories, save for the simple gold chain that hangs around his neck. For shoes, Alex wears a pair of high-top Converse. They're black, because he doesn't really go for bright colors much. Hence his black shirts and navy blue hoodie. He does have one distinguishing feature on his hip-a tattoo. It's an odd swirl that looks more like a design than anything else. The ink he chose was black, but as it goes outward the swirl turns into a mix of red.

Personality:
    Alex has a very quiet and serious demeanor. Often he will unconsciously stand with his arms crossed, as if he's guarding himself from something. His face will also generally be set in a frown, and this wards people away from him. That doesn't exactly mean Alex isn't friendly, he just really doesn't take the time to make time to get friends. He, if someone couldn't tell, really isn't much of a people-person. The only time Alex ever shows his anger is if he's truly pissed off, and it takes a lot to do that.

History:
    Born as Suraj, Alex grew up in the region of Johto and in Newbark Town. He grew up alongside his brother, Sabir, and his two sisters. His parents owned a form of a Pokemon Ranch, so Alex and his siblings grew up around and often played with Pokemon. Being the eldest out of all of them, Alex was generally the one who took up the protector role. When Sabir grew old enough, he and Alex both watched out for their little sisters together. As far as his name goes, Alex just decided he hated his name (though there is a reason behind it, he just refuses to share it) and told people to call him "Alex". He never tells anyone he meets that his name is actually Suraj.

Finally, when he figured Sabir could handle it on his own, Alex demanded he was allowed to go to this region known as Herion and begin a Pokemon journey. His parents agreed, though they were reluctant. Alex's little sisters were torn up by this, but Alex refused to let them stop him. Sabir turned his back to Alex and then shut him out. Now Alex is basically on his own whilst exploring this region.

Extra: Nothing of serious importance.

Preferred Starter: Magikarp

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
    Name: Chase Klynyafold

Birth Date: March 26th 1994

Appearance: He is about 5'10, has a very thin build, and a medium-dark complexion, giving him an attractive tan. Chase has blonde hair that reaches just below his eyes, but he usually flips the hair off toward the right. He has light blue eyes and no facial hair. He is wearing a black shirt featuring a Metallica logo on the front with artwork off of the Master of Puppets album covering the front of the shirt. He usually wears blue jeans and a pair of skateboarding shoes that fit close to his foot sporting a DC logo on the sides. Also on his left arm is a handkerchief made of very thin material that exhibits a weavile posing in his usual "claw pointing toward you, other claw back pose."

Personality: Chase usually can make friends with just about anyone quite easily. He is usually quite around people he doesn't know, but those who he does wish he was quite. However he usually replies with sarcastic comments or retaliates with a dazed comment not even worth acknowledgement.
    However, under this seemingly carefree personality, he is deeply troubled and even worse, finds no one to relate to in his own realm. But aside from this, he is usually a content person who prefers to laugh than be serious. He is actually very smart, but doesn't enjoy showing it and feels much more relaxed if he just "goes with the flow."

History: Chase had moved around a good bit while he was a kid, so he learned that if he wanted to make friends, he would have to be able to do it quickly. He has two brothers and a sister, of which he is the eldest. His parents usually cared for his younger siblings much more than they ever did for him, but he liked it that way. He was a very independent person anyway, so why should he care if they showed them more attention. When he was 2 years old, his first brother was born. From that point on Chase had taken it upon himself to take care of his brother. His parents (at that time) were both working, so he figured it was a great contribution to the family, even if he was never shown appreciation toward his acts.

Extra: Now his mother has stopped working to become a full-time mother to his 3 siblings, while his father held down 2 jobs and Chase had already managed to get an application filled out for Tuck n' Tucker's Barbeque. But now, after seeing the lives his parents live through, he had to ask himself, is this really what he wants? To be working all his life to support others. He then asked himself, What about my dreams? Where have they gone, why am I not living them out? So the day he, on any other day, would have gotten up out of bed to get ready for his first day at work, he instead decided he would try to live out his dream and become a Pokémon Trainer!

Preferred Starter: Chinchou

Trainer Card:

Last edited:

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    This looks cool! Shotgun Rhyhorn :D

Name: Kieran Maverik
    Birthdate: 17/June/1993

Appearance:
    Kieran is the height of your average teenage boy - which is roughly 6 foot or over. He isn't considered fat nor skinny, he's somewhere in between, which can best be described as 'lean'. As a result, his muscles aren't completely noticable at first and don't particularly stand out until you look closely. His skin is fairly smooth and has the slightest of tans, as it can easily go dry in very warm temperatures. Facialy, he has quie a structured chin and jawline and his skin is, like the rest of his body, fairly smooth - except from the occasional spot, which is natural in a teenagers growth. His hair is about medium length, barely reaching his eye level, and is almost straight with a smooth, 'full' feel to it. His eyes are his most distinct feature, as they seem to change between different shades of blue from day to day.

Clothing wise, Kieran veers towards more proficient looking wear. He wears a long sleeve black button up shirt underneath - which he rolls the sleeves up on- and a waistcoat, also black, over the top of it. He wears a pair of deep blue jeans which are held up by a brown leather belt. His shoes aren't as formal, as they usually get dirty - instead they are a basic pair of whie and black trainers which are ideal for travel. Aswell as this, he wears a watch on his right hand, a light brown shoulder bag, and has a red tie on - simply for personalisation. To finish with, he has an umbrella with him for whenever it rains. He occasionally uses this umbrella as a cane whenever it's folded down, and has a strap on his bag in which it is placed if he dosen't use it.

Personality:
    Kieran is the kind of boy loves competition. He will usually find things to compare with another person and loves aving miniscule debates over things. As a result, he can occasionally be pretty obsessive and sometimes annoying to most people, but he dosen't compete to make others feel bad or purely to make them loose - instead, he does it for his own personal pleasure. Kieran also likes to concentrate on the good things in life, and whenever he or another person is feeling down, he will try to forget about the bad things and try to treat life as one big game.

His obsession of competition also reflects his behaviour when it comes to pokemon. He believes that to be the best, you need the best. He won't try to train a weak pokemon with little or no potential, as he feels that in the long run they aren't anything to boast about or utilise. Instead, he likes pokemon with power and potential - aswell as pokemon who simply look like good battlers.

History:
    Kieran was born in, and has grown up in the small Pineapple Town his whole life. He is a single child, and lives with his parents. Both were scientists at Prof. Kirin's laboratory, so they were a fairly wealthy family, and since they worked in town, they were never too far away from Kieran except from the rare occasion of a field trip. Kieran attented the local school, and wasn't particularly a popular boy, but he had a number of friends. He had always aspired to be one of the best pokemon trainers, collecting merchandise, attending league matches and watching them with intent at home. However, he had also been interested in the work his parents did - and as a result studied at school for becoming a pokemon biologist.

Recently, news had broke out that Professor Oak would come to Pineapple Town and let a number of teenagers start their own pokemon journey. Kieran jumped at the chance for this, and with his parents approval, he was going to pick a new pokemon and become an exceptional pokemon trainer.

Extra: Nothing of interest :P Oh, here's the Trainer Card:

Preferred Starter: Rhyhorn

-----

Hope this'll do :)

Last edited:

patch.

listen what I say, oh
    Years
    Ah, a nice looking roleplay. Hoorah.

Name: Daymon Brown
    Birth Date: When they're born
    Appearance: How they look
    Personality: How does your character interact?
    History: The background of your character
    Extra: Anything else we need to know about them
    Preferred Starter: Rhyhorn (Rock)

Just reserving, will finish later. >_<

EDIT: Bugger. If you're only allowing six, ignore this. :/

Fire2100

A Beginning Trainer
    Years
    Name: Makani (Wind in Hawaiian)

Birth Date: September 1991

Appearance: Makani is a 5'7" and 155 pound boy. He has short white hair with black and blue highlights. He has bright blue eyes, bright as the ocean. He has a starling smile with beautiful white teeth. He has a silver necklace with a cross as the emblem around his neck. He wears a white, blue, and black shirt with a the word "Ku'oko'a" which means freedom in Hawaiian. He also wears white and blue shorts with white and blue shoes with black shoe laces. The tattoos or markings on his body; On his head, he has a scar over his right eye from a vicious fight with his uncle, on his chest, he has a tattoo of a huge cross and the word ''Pain'' on his right pectoral and the word ''Love'' on his left pectoral. On his right arm, he has the word "Maka'u" which means fear from his shoulder to his wrist. On his left arm, he has the word "Ku'oko'a" which means freedom from his shoulder to his wrist. On his legs, he has the word ''Peace'' on his right leg and ''Anger'' on his left leg.

Personality: His personality is very unique. He is happy when he's around new people and his friends, but unusually, he's sad and mad every time when he's at his own house... probably because his mom got rapped from his dad, his dad beating him up, and his uncle teases him, with his aunt not caring for him at all.

History: He was born beautiful and amazing at the time of September 1991. When he was five, he went to school to learn about the world of Pokemon and other things what you learn in school. When he was seven, he joined the art of music so he became a singer, not any singer, but a rapper though. When he was nine years old, his singing became more obsessive with his mind and he became more into poetry and other writing. When he was eleven, his mom got rapped and murdered by his own dad. He was so mad at him that he wanted to kill him, but his uncle and aunt stopped him. His life with his uncle and aunt was okay until he was thirteen. His uncle teased him that he wasn't good enough to be famous and become a rapper and his aunt didn't care for him at all that much since he turned a teenager. When he turned fifteen, he remember his early life before he was into rapping, he remember the fun times in school, learning about the world of Pokemon and become a Pokemon trainer, so he brought back the interest of being a Pokemon trainer, but he also had the dream of becoming a rapper. Now, he's eighteen years old, he's away from the fear of his uncle and aunt, his dad, and now he's alone in the world. When he was walking near the beach, he found a bird on the ground... hurt. He ran to see what it was and it was a Taillow.

Extra: N/A.

Preferred Starter: Taillow

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
    Wow, there are alot of you here, aren't there o_o

You Had Me At Hello: Yes, that's a nice sign-up, no you don't need one, you're in with Bulbasaur! Accepted
    Stan the man: I would really like have more than 6, so I'm being nice. Anyways, you're going to have to choose a different Pokemon. If you really want Onix, I'll see what I can do. You also need to expand a little more on your history. I'll still let you sign up a little later, but for now Denied.
    Proddit:
    Okay, you are reserved! Can't wait to see it done!
    FenrisΩ: That's a very good sign-up! :D Accepted
    SethMetal37:
    I loved your sign-up! Accepted
    Omnizaru:
    Nice detail! You are Accepted
    patch.:
    You're going to have to pick a different Pokemon, anyways you're reserved (I'm willing to allow more than six.)
    Fire2100: You sign-up was awesome, love the connection of wind! Accepted

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
    Stan the man: That's better, I guess I'll put Onix under Ground, since your history goes with an Onix :P Accepted

SIGN-UPS ARE CLOSED

Years
    May I reserve a place? I promise to finish up tomorrow!

Character Sheet

Name: Lorna Wicholow
    Birth Date: 28/03/1992
    Appearance: (How they look)
    Personality: (How does your character interact?)
    History: (The background of your character)
    Extra: (Anything else we need to know about them)
    Preferred Starter: scyther, abra, gligar, sandshrew, meowth or eevee (Or cubone if you are willing to make an exception ^^; )

Hope that's okay for now...^^;

EDIT: Never mind...Damn my slowness DX

Last edited:

Etherius

Ethereal Champion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2009
    Sorry If I'm being an idiot and this is closed, It looks so interesting, I'd be really disappointed If I couldn't join.

Name: Adam Locke
    Birth Date:August 26 1996
    Appearance:
    Adam has dark, silky brown hair which is usually very well kept. He has very pale skin, and freckles cover his face, which contrast greatly to his aforementioned paleness. He has misty grey eyes, which aren't too big or small, and his eyebrows are relatively thin. His lips are small and thin, and just a few shades darker than his skin. His cheeks are quite shallow, and his chin is quite narrow. His neck is medium-sized and quite slender.

Adam isn't too tall or short, and he isn't very muscly, and looks quite lean. He looks like someone who could run quite fast if they had to but he also looks somewhat fragile. Most of his height comes from his slightly long legs, but they aren't so long as to make his body look out of proportion or gangly. His hands are elegant and delicate, and his fingers are long, slender and graceful. His hands and arms have a few cuts on them, but not enough to make you think he was particularly violent or aggressive.

Adam wears a white shirt underneath a dark grey jacket. He wears tracksuit trousers which are always either black or deep blue. His shoes are black and red trainers, and he usually wears black socks. On cold days, he wears a pair of white, cotton gloves and a matching scarf. If it's particularly hot, he won't wear his jacket and he'll wear sunglasses if it's very sunny.

Personality:
    Adam is a quiet, calm and collected individual. At first glance, he seems quite miserable, but he is actually quite cheerful, he just hides it behind a serious-looking and stern face. Some would say anti-social, but if you asked him he would just say that he was reserved and quiet. For those who gain his trust, he is a loyal and unwavering friend, and will risk a lot to keep them safe. Towards his Pokemon he is caring and protective, like a parent, almost. He is very fond of Ghost Pokemon, but is known to work well with Psychic and Dark types as well.

He has a very wide and sophisticated vocabulary. He rarely abbreviates, and often finds fault with the way others speak, which is either highly constructive or incredibly annoying, usually the latter. He doesn't smile much, but when he does it is a heartwarming, kindly smile. His voice sounds quite sad but also carries with it an air of wisdom and intelligence; indeed, he is quite clever, but doesn't boast about it. Much. He has a very dry sense of humour, and rarely laughs. He is completely honest, but as such may find it hard to trust his peers. He enjoys classical music, reading and a variety of other pastimes.

History:
    Adam was born in Ecruteak City, Johto, and he grew up learning about Pokemon and other important skills mostly from his Father's best friend Morty. It was Morty who inspired Adam's lifelong love of Ghost Pokemon and inspired him to become a trainer when he could. When Adam was nine, his family had to move to Pineapple Village because his dad's company, a Pokemon Food corporation, was facing financial trouble. Adam was upset as this would mean he wouldn't be able to learn from Morty anymore, but he reluctantly agreed to the move.

When they arrived in Pineapple Village, Adam went to the local bookstore and bought as many books on battling and Ghost Pokemon as he could find. He spent the next few years studying and theorizing until he could finally convince his parents to let him go on a journey, as they were, to put it lightly, over-protective. Which pretty much brings us up to this point, where Adam is about to go and get his first Pokemon from Professor Oak.

Extra: Dislikes Bug Pokemon.

Preferred Starter: Misdreavus

I've just realized that SU's are closed. Sorry!

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
    I'm sorry for all the delay people, the roleplay will start soon, either today or tommorow. For all of those who have sign-ups and I haven't reviewed them yet, we're full. D:

Proddit: Nicely done! You made a great sign-up!
    I'm still waiting for .patch, but we'll start either way :O

Chapter 1: Pineapple Village
    Number of Posts: 1

Description
    A warm, yet windy town near the shores. It has several fields with beautiful palm trees along the coast. Despite it being a village, many people; young and old live here. Up on a hill is Prof. Kirin's laboratory and field for raising Pokémon.

Your Task: You are heading over to the laboratory, meeting Prof. Oak and getting everything you need to go. (Pokédex, Pokeballs, Phone, Map and any extras)

Last edited:

Fire2100

A Beginning Trainer
    Years
    ''Get up!'' Makani's uncle exclaimed.
    ''Alright, hold on,'' Makani said.
    ''No, get up now, you'll be late for your appointment,'' Makani's uncle said.
    ''Okay, what's wrong with you this morning, why are you being nice to me for once?'' Makani asked.
    ''I'm being nice to you because you're finally leaving this place,'' Makani's uncle said.

Makani got up from his bedside and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. When he was done, he went back into his bedroom and wrote what his morning was like, and he wrote down that his uncle finally treated him like an adult and not a whale killer, killing the whales for no particular reason. He got up from his chair and put his notebook and pencil inside his backpack. He put it around his back and grabbed his cell phone and put it away in his right pant pocket. He stepped outside of his bedroom and walked downstairs to the living room, seeing his uncle and aunt sitting there eating breakfast.

''Good morning,'' Makani's aunt said.
    ''Good morning auntie, how was the painting go last night?'' Makani asked.

There was no answer from his aunt so Makani just walked into the kitchen and grabbed himself a plate of breakfast so he can be a healthy human instead of a non healthy fat one sitting around all day like his uncle. He was sitting down, eating next to his aunt and while he was eating, he was trying to get her attention. He put down his fork when he was done eating, still getting his aunties attention, he grabbed his butter knife and poked her in the breast.

''Ouch, that really hurts you know,'' Makani's aunt said.
    ''Finally, why were you silent to me when I came down?'' Makani asked.
    ''I'm being silent because you're leaving this house to go somewhere else,'' Makani's aunt said.
    ''I'm leaving this house because I'm a grown adult now and I want to become a Pokemon gym leader,'' Makani said.
    ''Well, if that is what you want, just wait until you lose all hope and get faced by a Pokemon trainer stronger than you, or even a Pokemon gym leader that is stronger and you cannot beat them,'' Makani's aunt said.

Makani ignored his own aunt and then he just opened the sliding door that was facing the beach and closed it behind him. While he was walking to the front of his house, he was thinking deeply of what his aunt said to him. He was thinking that he wouldn't make it to his dream, but as what his teacher told him, you got to keep on trying and keep your chin up, than keep trying more to succeed your dream. He was at the front door, he thought of another negative thing, this was his second and last chance to terminate his life dream, but he put his back in front of the house and walked to Professor Oak's laboratory.

''Excuse me, but do you know where Professor Oak's laboratory is?'' Makani asked.
    ''Professor Oak's laboratory is just up the hill there,'' a blonde haired girl said.
    ''Thank you beautiful,'' Makani said.
    ''You're welcome hansom,'' the blonde haired girl said.

Makani walked up the hill and while he was walking up the hill, he saw a tall building getting closer, and closer. He walked further and then later on, he was in front of the entrance of the Pokemon laboratory. He grabbed the handle on the front door and opened it up. He walked inside the Pokemon laboratory and when he was inside, he saw a lot of shelves filled with books to read. He started reading one of the books and then when he was starting to begin, he felt a tap on his shoulder.

''Why hello there,'' a grey haired man said.
    ''Hello, who may you be?'' Makani asked.
    ''My name is Professor Oak and I am your local Pokemon researcher,'' the grey haired man said.
    ''Sweet, I have a question for you,'' Makani said.
    ''Okay, tell me, what is your question?'' Professor Oak asked.

Makani told him the whole thing what happened at the very start of the morning, he told Professor Oak that his uncle started being nice to him since some years ago and his aunt was mad at him for leaving the house finally at the age of eighteen. He told Professor Oak more and then Professor Oak told Makani to follow him. Professor Oak asked for his Pokemon trainer card, so when Makani gave him his Pokemon trainer card, Professor Oak asked what the meaning of his first name meant. He told Professor Oak that his name meant ''Wind'', and when Makani started to speak again, Professor Oak gave him five pokeballs and a pokedex. He put the pokeballs in his backpack and the pokedex in his left pant pocket.

''Okay now, since I assisted you with five pokeballs and a pokedex, you may go in the back room and choose your own starter Pokemon,'' Professor Oak said.

Makani walked in the back room and when he was inside, he turned on the light and he saw many types of Pokemon. He walked, and walked some more, finding the right Pokemon for him. When he was at the end of the room, he saw the last Pokemon, that Pokemon was a bird, a blue bird with a red tipped head and a white belly. He looked at it straight in the eyes and he remembered what it was called. The Pokemon he was looking at was a Taillow, the tiny swallow Pokemon.

''So, did you meet your starter Pokemon yet?'' Professor Oak asked.
    ''No professor, there's so many Pokemon inside this room,'' Makani said.
    ''Yes there is a lot of Pokemon in the room, there's also a lot of Pokemon in the Pokemon region also,'' Professor Oak said.

His teacher told him that a Taillow was good at Pokemon battling and flying around so Makani opened the glass container and opened his palm. The Taillow slowly walked to his palm, screeching away. He steadily kept it on the palm of his hand and walked back to Professor Oak. When Professor Oak saw that he held a Taillow with no harm at all, he knew that the meaning of his name meant something to deal with flying type Pokemon and the element of wind.

''So, is this Taillow your final starter Pokemon?'' Professor Oak asked.
    "Yes it is professor, this Taillow is the one for me,'' Makani said.
    ''Okay than, here's the pokeball to keep it inside of so it would be kept safe and secure inside,'' Professor Oak said.

Makani put Taillow inside its pokeball and then later on shook Professor Oak's hand and stepped outside of the Pokemon laboratory. He looked around Pineapple Village and then he started to walk to the beach, just to sit there with his starter Pokemon Taillow. When he stepped on the sandy, soft ground, he took out Taillow of its pokeball and heard a loud screeching noise coming from Taillow. He was happy that he had his first Pokemon. He stepped down to the height of a Pokemon, which was on his knees and hugged Taillow, thinking that it'll take care of him, if he took care of it.

Years
    Alex sighed and glanced about. Then he looked back to the new map located in his hands. He had arrived in Pineapple Village, and was currently trying to figure out where the laboratory was. Alex glanced at the map again and began to walk east of where he was currently standing. According to the map he was going in the right direction, so he figured it would all work out. A small huff escaped him as he shifted his shoulder bag from one shoulder to the other. Alex considered stopping for a quick lunch break in a local market, but decided against it. He wanted to get his Pokemon already. Alex felt the warm breeze flow through his hair as he walked. Being a lover of warm climates, Alex found this village to be rather enjoyable.

Soon Alex began to realize that he was nearing the lab. It was almost obvious, what with the building looming before him. A miniscule grin appeared on Alex's face as he walked up to the door. He had been waiting for this opportunity his entire life, and though he didn't often show excitement, Alex couldn't help it. He knew there was a slight shine to his dark eyes that would make him appear, for one of the very few times, friendly. That was when Alex began to muse on what type of Pokemon he would get. There were just so many, Alex was having a difficult time deciding. Without a hesitation, he knocked on the door.

A faint "come in" reached Alex's ears. He opened the door and walked inside the large laboratory. A few feet away from him, looking at something on a computer screen, was an older man. Alex approached him quietly, for he recognized the man as the famed Professor Oak of Pallet Town. Alex let out a reassuring breath and then cleared his throat. The Professor started slightly, and then turned towards Alex. A slightly pleasant expression appeared on his face.

"Hello there," he said. "I take it you are one of the new trainers, right...?"

"Alex. And yes, I am," Alex said.

"Ah, excellent, excellent," Oak replied. He glanced about and then motioned for Alex to follow him. "For starters, young man, why don't you tell me your name?" Oak offered. Alex frowned, deciding that the Pokemon Professor had just not heard him. Alex opened his mouth to repeat, when Oak cut him off. "Alex is not what your parents named you. You're Indian, correct? I have my doubts that they would have named you something so common as Alex." Oak led him through a door and Alex followed silently. Then Oak paused, causing Alex to almost run into the man. "Care to tell me?"

Alex stayed silent, his eyebrows pulling together in an obvious furrow. "...Suraj," he admitted ruefully. Oak nodded. "It means sun in Punjabi," Alex added. There was a brief pause as Oak led him into a room full of multiple shelves with bright, shiny Pokeballs on them. "...But call me Alex, please. I rather dislike the name Suraj for reasons I'd prefer to keep to myself," Alex declared.

"Hmm, alright," Oak agreed. "Now let's get down to business, shall we?" Oak motioned towards the numerous shelves. "There are multiple Pokemon here. You may choose one as your partner. Be careful, however, because this will be your partner for life. There's no going back once you chose." Alex nodded and began to walk along the rows.

He saw several Pokemon that appealed greatly to him. For some odd reason, he ended up pausing at Magikarp's Pokeball. He had often heard stories about this Pokemon. It was something so week that it was almost impossible to train. Alex moved past the fish, and onto a Houndour. Alex was about to pick up the Pokeball, when for some reason he stopped. Then he looked at Magikarp's Pokeball, several feet away. Professor Oak watched silently. Finally, Alex sighed. He was just drawn to the fish for some reason. Without a second thought about what he was doing (for he was afraid that he would change his mind), Alex picked up the poor fish's Pokeball. Professor Oak's eyebrows shot up and he began to speak.

"Alex, you will not want that Pokemon," Oak insisted. "It is very difficult to begin training with. The poor thing cannot even use a single working attack until it grows significantly closer to evolving."

Alex looked at the Pokeball he had picked up. "I know," he stated simply. Then he looked at Oak evenly. "But if I do not take this Pokemon, it will be here forever. Everyone deserves a chance." Oak regarded him silently for a brief moment, and then sighed. It was a sign of consent, so Alex smirked a little.

"Come, I have a few other things to give you before you depart," the Professor said. He then lead Alex back out into the main room. "You will need these for your journey," he said. The Professor soon produced a Pokedex and several Pokeballs. Alex took them without hesitation and set the Pokeballs on his belt. He put the Pokedex in one of the side pockets on his backpack. "It appears that you are all set, hmm?" Oak murmured both to Alex and himself. He tapped his chin thoughtfully. "One word of advice. Be careful with Magikarp and on your journey, it may prove difficult. And good luck to you as well."

"Thank you, Professor," Alex said courteously. "Good bye." Alex didn't wait for a reply as he walked out the door. Magikarp, he thought silently, I'll prove that the underdogs can come out on top.

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years

Chase had decided he would no longer stay at his house. There was no way that he was going to give up his chance to become a Pokémon Trainer for a job. He also knew that if he told his parents, he would get an immediate "no." He knew if he tried to convince them to let him go that his mother would be easier to convince, but he decided it would only be more trouble to ask her than to just go. He had heard that the famous Professor Oak would be in town, while their local professor, Professor Kirin, would be out of town for weeks at least.

In the early morning, he decided he would write a letter to his parents, stating that he would be going on a Pokémon adventure. In the letter he wrote:

Dear Mom and Dad,
    By the time you all will read this note I will be gone. I have decided I will no longer give up all of my life to care for the family. As you know I have spent my entire life working, caring, tending to, and watching out for our family, and I know, as a son, that is my responsibility. However, my dream of becoming a Pokémon Trainer is about to unfold and I won't have another chance like this. I wish you both would understand, and hopefully, with time, you will. I have not done this just to rebel, and if when I'm done, you reject me I will understand. Tell Michael and Henson I will miss them and tell Jewel I wish it wouldn't have to be like this. I love all of you very much and hope you will understand.

With Love,
    Chase

PS - Don't bother calling the cops, as I have already been granted freedom from the Police Department of Pineapple Village and the surrounding areas.

As Chase wrote this, his eyes starting to water, he just stood in his two younger brother's room. "Just to watch them sleep" he said to himself. He then sighed and proceeded to walk out the door, but not before leaving them each personal notes of the deepest regret. He then walked into his youngest sibling's room, his sister, and kissed her forehead. He didn't bother to write her a note, as she was just learning to read.

He then walked down to the kitchen, as quietly as he could, sure not to wake his mother (his father was at work) and grabbed his wallet and his pack of chewing gum. After a slight hesitation, he put the letter on his kitchen table and walked out his back door, as silent as he could.

From where he lived, it was only about a 20 minute walk to Pineapple Village's laboratory. However, it was 5 a.m. so he figured it would be a little too early to go toward the lab. He decided he would walk to the beach and watch the ocean, knowing it would be close to the last time he would be back here for awhile. After a 35 minute or so walk, he finally made it to the beach. The sun was close to rising, so he thought he would watch it, as he rarely found time to appreciate such intricate things. Unfortunately, he would not have the pleasure of watching the sun, as when he laid back, he drifted to sleep.

When he awoke, he noticed it was well into the morning, the sun was shining brightly, and he felt completely different than he had at 5: 30 this morning. Suddenly, he realized that he was not alone on the beach. Although it was not a crowded beach, he knew it would be populated soon, as it was the main attraction in Pineapple Village. He then remembered he had to get to Professor Kirin's Lab, or rather Professor Oak's lab for now. As he got up and started to run, he thought he had heard a loud screeching noise, from a bird, or a Flying-type Pokémon. When he looked back all he saw was a young man kneeling down, almost as if he was hugging something. But, for the present, this was not his main concern. He needed to get to the laboratory.

When he arrived at the lab it was around 9 a.m. and there was a slight breeze flowing through the town. As he approached the door, he saw a boy walking out of the lab, holding a Poke-ball, looking deep in thought of some kind. When he opened the door, he saw Professor Oak standing in the center of his new laboratory, as if he had just lost an argument of some kind. When the Professor noticed Chase had arrived, he quickly gained his composure and was back to his old self. "Hello, I am guessing you are one of the new trainers, hm?" the Professor stated. Chase slighted for a moment, and then replied, "Yes sir, I am here to get my first Pokémon." "Very well then follow me" he said "You know I am noticing a pattern here, is there some kind of age limit in this region, as most of my new trainers have been at least thirteen or older." "No, I don't think so" replied Chase "At least, not that I know of." Chase followed Professor Oak into the back room, which was filled with many different Pokémon of all types in glass containers. "Choose your starting Pokémon wisely, as this friendship will be for life, there's no turning back." Chase looked eagerly through the glass containers, unable to find one of his preference. Then, as one of the final cases approached him, he saw a Chinchou, female obviously. "I would like this Chinchou, please." "An excellent choice, young man!" "Say I still have not gotten your name." "It's Chase" he replied, obviously preoccupied. "Chase is it, a fine name." "Now if you would just follow me, I will hand you your new Pokedex and 5 new Pokeballs." Chase followed him, obediently, and received his Pokedex, which he put in his right front pocket, and 5 Pokeballs, which he casually strapped on his belt, as if he were a Pro. "Nice meeting you Chase, good luck on your journey, and don't ever give up" he said, almost robotically, as if practiced hundred times. Upon leaving he saw a sign headed above the door-

"Push yourself; don't go back… never stop, because you'll never achieve anything that way."
    -Prof. Kirin

"I will" he said quietly to himself.

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    Ben stepped off of the boat onto a lovely beach with palm trees lining the shore. The weather was almost perfect, warm with a slight breeze that was swaying the palm trees from side to side. Taking the weather as a positive sign for his journey, Ben shifted his backpack slightly and began the walk to town with a spring in his step. After a short time Ben reached the small, but busy village where he would be receiving his starter pokémon. Looking around Ben saw an old man who looked harmless enough, so decided to ask for directions.

"Excuse me sir," said Ben, trying to be as polite as possible, "Could you tell me where the Pokémon Laboratory is please?"

The old man looked over and smiled warmly, "Of course young man, Professor Kirin's lab is just at the top of the hill over there."

Ben followed the direction the man was pointing, and saw the hill he was talking about.

"Thank you Sir," Ben replied, still trying to sound polite and sincere, before setting off towards the hill and the lab.

'So the Professor's name is Professor Kirin?' thought Ben, glad to have learned this before meeting the Professor in person... that could have been embarrassing. He also began wishing he had done more research into the region he would be travelling around for the next few months. Beyond buying the boat ticket and working out how to reach Pineapple Village, Ben had done very little to prepare for this journey.

"Oh well, can't change any of that now," he muttered to himself. Pushing on up the hill, he began to wonder what Professor Kirin would look like... would the Professor be male or female, young or old, strict or more of a free-spirit? He spent the remainder of the walk up the hill picturing a variety of Professors, one of which was a highly attractive woman in her twenties, who wore surprisingly little for a pokémon researcher...

'Yeah Right,' Ben thought to himself, 'Like you'd be that lucky.'

Pushing thoughts of his fantasy Professor to the back of his mind, Ben reached the lab and knocked on the door. With images of the Professors he had spent the morning thinking up, Ben saw the door handle begin to turn.

The door swung open to reveal a very familiar face. Ben recognised the old man standing in front of him from the TV. This was the internationally famed pokémon researcher Professor Oak from Kanto, but what was he doing here? Ben decided it was probably best to just ignore it and introduce himself...

"Hi I'm Ben," he said nervously, "I'm here to get my first pokémon."

"Ah of course," replied Professor Oak kindly, "My names Professor Oak, and I'm filling in for Professor Kirin while she's in Sinnoh. Please follow me."

Smiling; Ben followed the Professor to the back of the lab, where there were a number of pokémon sitting on a table. The pokémon became instantly animated when they saw Ben; obviously realising he was a trainer here to pick one of them. Professor Oak walked over to a table in the corner of the room and grabbed a few items before returning to Ben.

"You'll find these items helpful on your journey," said the Professor warmly, handing the items to Ben, who took them eagerly.

"You have a few pokédex and a few pokéballs there to get you started," explained the Professor, taking a step towards the pokémon on the table, "And now for the exciting bit! Are you ready to choose your starter pokémon Ben?"

Ben took a step forward and looked at all of the pokémon in front of him. There was so much choice, and most of the pokémon looked like they would be great starters. Then, on the very end of the table, Ben saw a pokémon that really interested him. The pokémon looked like a small blue lizard with red eyes, and a large bulb on its back. Ben walked over to the pokémon, who sat up on its hind legs and gave Ben an inquisitive look.

Turning to the Professor Ben said, "I think I'll take this Bulbasaur Professor."

"An excellent choice!" Professor Oak chimed, "As I'm sure you know, Bulbasaur are one of the starters pokémon I give out back in Kanto. They are truly excellent partners. I'm sure you two will do well on your journey."

"Thank you Professor," said Ben, taking Bulbasaur's pokéball and returning the young pokémon.

"Now be careful on your journey," warned the Professor, walking Ben to the door, "Make sure you make lots of friends, catch lots of pokémon and most of all have fun doing it!"

"Thanks Professor I'll do my best," said Ben taking his leave.

Standing on top of the hill; Ben looked down on the region, wondering what types of pokémon lived here and what adventures lay in store.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back